November 27th

November 27th

Breathed deeply some times before taking the courage and pushing the great glass gates in front of him. Ignored the recepcionist, walking fast through the well known white corridors. He never understood the reason why they were that color, but it would change nothing if he did; that place would always bother him.

Stopped in front of a door as pale as everything around. His worn backpack seemed to weigh ten pounds more than it actually weighed, his hand sweating from nervousness while beeing keept hidden in the pocket of his pants. The man threw his bangs to the side with a nod , staring at his own sweatpants thoughtfully and deciding himself.
 
- Okay . I will enter this room , deliver this album, and I'll go. - He said , nodding instinctively.
 
Baekhyun positioned one of his delicate hands on the doorknob, shivering as he felt how cold it was . He turned it , and once entering the room , he realized he would not be able to keep up with what he had promised himself .
 
Because the auburn-haired boy stared at him with such happiness, he would not dare ruin it.
 
Because he loved that childish guy who smiled brightly as he sat beside him .
 
Because the work that he should deliver that day lost total sum when the man gave him half a dozen stupid questions, and his weariness vanished as he held his hands in a gesture of thanks .
 
Simply, because it was the birthday of Park Changshi , the person that had fallen for.
 
It was November 27.
 
- (Change of P.O.V ) -
 
- Congratulations ! - I could hear him say in his usual melodious voice . It was obvious the fact that he was tired , and it made me even more excited to know that he still came .
 
- Thanks for coming, hyung ! - I exclaimed excitedly. I knew my eyes were probably sparkling, as I felt the tears that insisted on trying to fall. He sat down beside me, and I almost laughed with legit anxiousness at this time, as he got an album and something else in his backpack and handed to me candidly . - What is this ? - I asked as I received the gift , even if I could open it with ease . - Where did you buy ? Didn't spent much money, did you ? I said I did not need anything... Speaking of which , how did you remember the day? I thought you didn't care. Anyway , take a hint ! What can I do with this? Which material ? Do you think I'll like? - I continued to speak so rapidly that almost stucked in my own words .
 
- Changshi , just open . - He said , rolling his eyes , and I realized my stupidity. Laughing lightly, I took his hands in mine as a 'thanks'. His skin was hot, as I did not fail to notice .
 
I tore the little silver box package carefully, undoing the lace knots with a patience that I honestly didn't know I had. When I could finally remove the cardboard cover that reserved the rest of the box, I felt like crying with joy and as if I could drown in my own feelings. How did he know of my disheartened fixation by that number ?
 
It was a thin stream of white gold, with a small, well-made ​​pendant with black stones forming the '21' number.
 
I could not restrain my happiness and hugged him, squeezing his little body against my abnormally large hard. - Thank you . - I whispered in his ear .
 
- See the album now. - He spoke , apparently more for the lack of things to do than anything else .
 
I held out my arms , reaching the object with ease . When I touched the black surface in my fingers , I recognized the nice texture under them. I passed my hands through the dark suede, jerking the 'fur' here and there playfully . Slightly lifting my face, I blushed as Baekhyun geve me a questioning look. Returning my gaze down, I examined the record carefully. A small gold plate was carefully located in the center of his coat, with some written words.
 
" Park Chanyeol & Byun Baekhyun .
 
2008 - ? "
 
I lhaughed heartily as I noticed that the question mark was scratched and, below it , writing squeezed in the remaining space, was a clearly after made, misspelled word, written in a terrible handwriting with a black marker . I think whoever wrote it must have meant :
 
" Forever "
 
I the surface of it, chasing my touch until the golden seams and then the shiny tape - most likely - served to mark the pages were under my reach . Then I opened the book, encountering yellowed and disproportionately worn out pages if compared to their mantle . These said sheets were filled , full of memories. They were mostly covered by numerous photos , but still had statements , letters, drawings and even prints made in ink . Two hands , one beside the other , logically belonging to the owners of the album .
 
One of them , small and delicate , I discovered that belonged to my visitor when he rested his palm on top of the painting. The other , much larger and clearly absent, seemed to give the scene a lone air.
 
He sat back down , indicating a man with a  higher royalty air than normal, with caramel-colored hair and advantaged ears and a warm smile that made him seem mildly know by me.
 
- You know, Chanyeol's always been my best friend . We did everything together and he was always by my side when I needed . He was really kind, always ready to help and with a smile on his face . His smile was beautiful... - At this point , his eyes were already watering. Baekhyun sobbed , resting his face in his hands and controlling himself . I tried to comfort him with a hug , but I didn't know if it was of much use . Soon, he began to speak again . - We were really close. He always said that his favorite number was ' twenty-one ', just like yours , and if someone asked him why , he replied that it was because it was the day we met . It was also the day that he asked me out for the first time . So needlessly romantic. - Baekhyun laughed weakly , clearly sad. - He had several things in common with you , actually. Besides also liking this number, the favorite color of both is black . You two have the same useless allergies and fixation to animals, and you smile for everything. Did I tell you, that his smile is beautiful? His motto was : " No matter how difficult , I always smile like an idiot ." And indeed it was true , that stupid brat... ! - He complained without much need , trying to stop the tears from falling . I felt sorry for his story , but I was slightly jealous by the way he told it. 
 
He was obviously and undoubtedly still in love with whoever Park Chanyeol turned out to be.
 
- Why are you not together anymore , then? - I questioned, genuinely curious.
 
- It happened... An accident two years ago . He was hit as he walked into his building . A drunk driver lost control of the car and ended up going up on the sidewalk , and he ... - His words stuck, I realized . He wept sorily, without a sound . His agony reliving what was almost palpable . - He went into a coma , the bump on his head was too strong . When he awoke, it was as if all his memories had disappeared with the time he was unconscious. Before collapsing in the hospital , however, he asked the doctors a paper and wrote me a note asking me to move on . That idiot , thinking he was going to die . But , anyways , I still wonder... How did he expect me to move on without him ?
 
- Maybe you should take his advice , you know ? Move on , I mean . - I said hesitantly , not wanting to hurt his feelings .
 
- I did it . I tried . But it was not exactly like I've accomplished , you know? - He told me , far more restrained . - Anyways, I was in love with Park Chanyeol, but now who I love is called Park Changshi. - He finished with a small smile to me.
 
I was surprised. Shocked, but extremely happy. I went through one more album page and I came across a small paper stuck there . It was a white sheet stained with blood , and I soon realized that would be the ticket of which he spoke .
 
The writing was almost impossible to understand, therefore, I flipped through the rest of the bound . Only empty pages .
 
- The note says to complete the album with the rest of my life and happiness after his departure . Only, I was not happy after that. It is sad to visit someone important and this person ask you "Who are you ? " when all you want to do is to spend time with her as if nothing has happened. - At this time , Baekhyun answered my pair of dumb questions, strangely already knowing which they were. I, then, became able to understang the message , something in the end, however, stopped me .
 
- What does that say ? - I asked , indicating the last two words in the corner of the message.
 
- Park Chanyeol , his subscription . Since he was almost fainting with pain at that time it became something horrific. Not even doctors with those awful letters of them were able to understand when it was time to admit him in the hospital, so they ended up just putting the wrong name on his record and... Well, people still call him like that until today. It took a while to get used to, but ultimately I call him right. - He laughed , leaning over me and confiding me something in my ear. He, then, continued with his slightly melancholy speech o which I, however, payed no attention .
 
His words put me in shock , and by how abruptly he stopped his monologue , he also . Perhaps he should not have induced my mind this way , but now it was too late .
 
I remembered .
 
Not very easily , but the obvious points of his speech with some things lost in our past with so many quotes about Park Chanyeol dialogues, I realized that I knew that kid far more than I thought , anyway . And he knew it , of course . If he did not know, why would Baekhyun have told me so much about him? He also knew that I had lost my memory, though, so why? Times after asking me this, I still got no answer and I gave up finding one. I would, however, laugh at the stubbornness of the little being in front of me .
 
Baekhyun was someone really interesting.
 
- I remember everything now , Baekhyun . And, by the way , love you too .
 
And I could not restrain a smile at seeing the surprised and happy look on his face alight . I smiled sheepishly , as always , and he smiled back .
 
If he said the smile of that boy - Chanyeol - was beautiful, I wouldn't ever stop smiling.
 
I was Park Chanyeol, after all.