Just a Kiss

Just random snippets

A kiss scene I imagined up just then.


“Thanks for the lift; and dinner, and the movie.” I say with a smile as I turn to get out of his car. The past 3 hours had been spent blissfully, filled with laughter and talk as he joked around and I charmingly flustered. The memory left a pleasant feeling in my chest, as though I’d made a new friend, and not just accompanied a workmate, playing “movie buddy”.

 

He draws me out of my thoughts with a single line, so simple, yet igniting a mixture of embarrassment as well as a nice reminder of why I enjoy being around him. “You forgot something.” He says innocently. I whip my whole body around, exasperation etched across my face, but what showed was an amused smile. “I did NOT forget my pocket.” I retort, his usual joke springing to my mind instantly. I prepare myself mentally for the mocking that would surely ensue, but instead I’m met with shock as he quickly leans in a pressed his lips to mine.

 

The kiss is short and light, almost a brush, and he quickly pulls back slightly to look me in the eye. I meet his gaze with my own surprise and what must have been happiness, because he leans in again, this time pushing gently to deepen the kiss. I relax into him, opening my mouth slightly to let his tongue slip in, and we move together gently. His hand reaches up to softly caress my hair; my cheek; my lips.

 

We both break away at the same time, noses still touching, breathing in each other’s air. He pecks me gently on the lips once more. As if sensing my anticipation, he breaks the silence, his voice almost a whisper, but I catch every word. “Your smile is so beautiful.”