Chapter 01

Confidential Case

This is the year 2030, where cars can fly and technology is at its best.

 

I’m Lee Sunmi working for the biggest company in South Korea, the B.F.C. which stands for Brighter Future Company. Now you know how I said technology is at its best? Well I literally mean it because my company had invented the only time machine that allows people to travel back in time. I’m a traveler here at the B.F.C. where I’m given a case to help someone in my present time here in the 2030 to avoid the decision they made in the past that will cause them to suffer in the future. I was recently entrusted with the most important case yet by the B.F.C. president. I cannot tell you just yet, but you will find out sooner or later.

 

Walking into the B.F.C. main floor I head towards the elevator at the back of the room. Everyone was busy doing there own tasks as paper scatters around the floor. Reaching the back of the room I press the elevetor button going down. The thing is B.F.C. time machine is located at the basement and only licensed time travelers with their card can pass. As the elevator dings and the door slides open I step inside and click the basement floor. I read my mission more than twenty times to make sure I got down what my task purpose was suppose to be. I never had a mission that involves the issue of love before. When the elevator slides open once more I step out and slide my card upon the card slider and the lock door opens up revealing B.F.C. time traveling machine. I walk towards the machine where we do all time set up of our mission. Slowly and carefully I set the machine back to the year 2013 of May 1st.

 

After that is done I look at my belongings I brought with me, a single suitcase containing a few outfits of my clothing. What is great about the past is clothes are cheaper there then they are in the future, I can always buy clothes and shoes from there. But the thing is B.F.C. can only allow time travelers to complete there case for only two weeks which is the hard part. They don’t allow us enough time to buy essential items we need while helping your person. Sometimes the person you’re trying to help ignores you and your case will stay the same in the future and that case will be closed. You can never look back on it again, it’s really whether or not the person you’re trying to help listens to you or not. Hopefully the man I’m supposed to help listens to me. Stepping inside the time machine with my suitcase I grab my folder containing important information about the case in the last minute before the door slides closing me inside the machine. I look at the room one last time before hitting the red button inside the machine bringing me back to the past.      

 

In a blink of an eye I was brought back to the past at an alley made from houses. I look from left and right seeing that no one saw me. As I walk out on the street with my suitcase I realized that people were staring at me. I stop in front of a coffee shop and stare at my own reflection. I was wearing a red long sleeve shirt and a short sleeve plaid dress over it with a black belt around my waist. This is was the latest fashion in the 2030 so I don’t see what is wrong with that. Perhaps it was my hair? It was short to my chin and soft pink. Yes it was probably my hair then, oh wells they can look at me all they want then. It doesn’t matter as long as I fit in to this society and find…shoot I forgot his name already. Opening up my suitcase I grab out the folder and open to the first page of my client name and address.

 

|Name: Lee Seungri|Age: 23yrs|

 

At look at the address street to where he lives and realize I was two blocks away from his apartment building. Walking down the street it didn’t take me long to find his apartment and apartment number. I stood outside of his apartment wondering if I should ring the door bell or not. Would he be inside? Or would he ignore me and tell me to go away? I took in a deep breath and push the doorbell. Hearing it ring I waited patiently and heard no footsteps inside. I rang the doorbell once more and waited again still nothing. I sat down on the floor with my back against the door. He should be home around this time on this day. Maybe my watch time was wrong. My watch time changes when I travel back to the past that way we traveler would know what time in the past it was. Just then I heard foot steps and talking coming down the hall. As I looked up I found the guy I was looking for with his left hand holding a bag of grocery while his right hand was holding a cellphone to his right ear.

 

“Hey I have to call you back someone is sitting in front of my apartment door.” The man said. As he hung up and put his cellphone in his right pants pocket he eyes me curiously.

 

“Can I help you miss?” He asks, I stood up and stuck out a hand with a business face.

 

“The names Lee Sunmi and you are Lee Seungri?” I introduce myself while I ask him. He nods his head and shook my hand while still looking at me curiously.

 

“I don’t think I know you…Who are-” He began to say as I held up a finger denying him to ask anymore questions.

 

“Do you mind if we talk inside first?” I ask he looked me up and down first before eyeing his apartment door.

 

“You’re not a thief are you?” He asks as I sigh and shook my head because I was beginning to lose my patience.

 

“No I have really important business to tell you.” I said, he thought for a second and looked at me.

 

“Okay hold on then.” He rummages through his left pocket and produce a set of keys with a panda charm hanging on it. As he opens the door and step inside before I can even react to his movements he slams the door in my face.

 

“YAH what is this??? I thought we agreed in letting me inside your house?!” I yell as he yells right back through the other side.

 

“I don’t know who you are lady! Do you really expect me to let you in my apartment building?!” Seungri yells back to me.

 

“Yah open this door!” I began to pound on his door, as his door inches a bit open with one fourth of his face showing he begins to talk again.

 

“Lady just leave please my neighbor from next door is an old lady and she hates loud noises!” Seungri said making me yell even louder.

 

“Then let me in!” I yell fighting to push his door open as he fights to close it.

 

“Lee Seungri I’m from the future and I’m here to help you!” I said while using all my strength to push open his door.

 

“You’re crazy nobody can come from the future this gives me more of a reason to not let you in!” Seungri said as he struggles to push the door to close.

 

“I can prove it to you I know somethings that people you care about don’t know.” I said taking in gasps of air. I don’t know how much longer I can keep up with this fight.

 

“Everyone expects you to become a doctor especially since your parents want you to, but you secretly want to be a singer,” I said getting no response from him I continue to tell personal things about him. “You tell your friends how much you hate them calling you Panda because of your eyes but you secretly like it. But most of all you’re thinking of auditioning to get into an arts school but the only thing stopping you from doing it is because you’re afriad of failure.”

 

Silence as I finish talking and continue to push his door inside with no real progress happening. Just then I thought of his weakness towards girls, especially when they call his name.

 

“Seungri-ah~” I said in a cute voice he stopped fighting me for a second giving me a chance to push in his door with much force. Just as I did it I heard a wham and a whine as Seungri steps back from the door clutching his forehead.

 

“YAH!” He yells as he gives daggers at me. “Who do you think you are?! Are you trying to kill me?! I’m going to call the POLICE right N-”

 

Just then the door next to his apartment opens revealing an old lady with the eyes to kill. “YOUNG PEOPLE THESE DAYS HAS NO RESPECT FOR THE ELDERLY! Seungri how many times do I have to tell you to keep it down?! Do you want me to contact the landlord again and have him kick you out?!” The lady yells as she waves her cane in the air for affect.

 

“So sorry Mrs. Yoon it won’t happen again I was just about to let her in. Come on Miss Sunmi.” He said with a shaky voice as he pulls me in. “Please don’t call the landlord.” With that he closes his door and turn around to look at me as he continues to rub his forehead.

 

“Are you happy now?” He asks me as he passes by me to go to his kitchen. I cross my arms over my chest and head towards his living room making myself comfortable. I waited for him to come out of the kitchen and moments later he walked out with an ice pack on his forehead as he plops down on his sofa.

 

“I don’t like you.” Seungri said as I ignore him and gave him a glare.

 

“This wouldn’t have happened if you would have just let me in.” I replied back.

 

“Do you really expect me to let in a stranger? Um hello this isn’t the 18th century or anything. I have the right to deny you entrance to my house.” He counters back at me as I puff up my cheeks. Ignore his nasty remarks Sunmi remember your mission.

 

“I’m here to help you Lee Seungri.” I said handing him my business card as he took it in his hands.

 

“The Brighter Future Company in the 2030? Is this a joke?” He asks me as I sigh, this is going to take awhile.

 

“No I’m not, I’m really from the future and I’m a time traveler for the Brighter Future Company which in short stands for B.F.C. I’m here to help you avoid making the biggest mistake in your life that will later on in the future cause you to suffer because of it.”

 

“What kind of mistake would I be making exactly?” He eyes me curiously.

 

“Would you stop eying me like that?” I ask getting a bit irritated. “You’re going to fall in love with a woman.” I answered him as his eyes got big.

 

“I’m going to what?! Fall in love with a woman?” Seungri asks jumping out of the sofa and dropping his ice pack on the floor.

 

“Shhhh.” I gesture him to quiet down as I put my index finger over my lips. “Yes and you will suffer from it in the future.

 

“Well I don’t see how that can happen when I’m going to fall in love with her. I’m finally going to get a girlfriend.” He said with a smile. I rolled my eyes as he totally did not see for being too caught up in his thoughts. Men these days just think about relationships and females…

 

“You don’t get it you’re going to SUFFER in this relationship because you wouldn’t be happy. She would be your anchor that had held you back from following your dreams. When you finally realize what you really wanted to do it would be too late. ” I explain hoping that it will get through to him.

 

“So you’re saying that she’ll ruin my career?” He asks as I nod my head.

 

“Yes and I’m trying to help you avoid her.” I said. He sat back down on the couch completely forgetting about his ache on his forehead and thought about what I said for sometime.

 

“Okay but you have to prove to me that you are who you said you are.” Seungri said as I rummage through my suitcase to find my folder once more.

 

Finally finding it I grab it out of my suitcase and opened it up as his attention from me went to my folder. “Well your best friend out of your guy friends is Kwon Jiyong. You are only two years apart from him and tomorrow you and the boys are have a guys day out, but you and Jiyong are planning to ditch the three in middle of the hangout and go somewhere else.” I said as he seems to be a bit overwhelmed with what I told him.

 

“Where do you think we will be going then? I don’t think you would know that.” Seungri asks with confident but with a hint of his voice shaking that I might possibly do know.

 

“To your favorite yogurt shop which is where you lived with your parents when you were little. But it is also where you first met Jiyong and became best friends with each other correct?” I said with a smirk knowing that I got him to believe me now.

 

“Yy-yyeah,” He clears his throat and spoke again, “fine but it doesn’t mean that I made a promise to listen to every word you say.”

 

“That’s fine with me,” I said as I watch him get up from his sofa and pick back up his ice pack on the floor, “by the way I’m in need of a place to stay and I was wondering if I could stay here for the next two weeks?” He turned around to look at me with a frighten look.

 

“I know you are shy around girls but trust me I do not want you.” I said shooing away his thoughts, “I only have two weeks here to help and I’ll be going back to the future so what do you say?”

 

He looks from my single suitcase to my folder lying next to me on his couch and to me. He sighs and nods his head. “Fine but you have to stay quiet or else Mrs. Yoon will surely call the landlord and have him kick me out of this apartment.

 

“Deal that shouldn’t be a problem, it’s not like we will be yelling at each other all the time.” I said not knowing how wrong I was.