Of smiles & teases

Remember Me {HIATUS}

They say opposites attract and certainly that was the case. Nobody would have guessed this relationship and most likely nobody would have even had a mere speculation about it. It was fatal attraction at first sight. An attraction that wasn’t just lust bound but more or so headed towards the ground where cupid would eventually leave its imprint.

Kim Jongin was everything that screamed perfection. The sharp defining features that outlined his trade mark cold brown eyes that one could slip away into a world of unknown, coupled with a full lips whose smirks were to certainly make one crazy.  These flawless features did come with a price - His cold personality.  Jongin wasn’t the talkative type and nor did he harbour feelings of others. He was distant to those he had no business with; the only people that he had form a somewhat distinct bond with were his group of friends that he grew up with. Even then, as a child Jongin was like that – maybe it was the lack of parental love or the constant struggle of loneliness that he grew up with. To keep it short, the family bond was never there.

Coming from a pretty elite family meant the parents were never home and were always kept in their business affairs. He grew up in the care of several nannies. Often times he was noted as the bad boy and that of course he lived up to; except for the fact that he earned top grades and usually was the first amongst his class mates. In the beginning, it was surprising to the teacher to see such amazing academics from someone with a lack of manners, but overtime they dismissed his ill manners, after all only academics mattered.

It was not till 2 years back that his unwavering attention had been caught by a transfer student. Park Ye Jin to be exact. Anyone could tell she was not from the up roaring city of Seoul. Her peculiar aura and distinct features did not go unnoticed by Jongin. Ye Jin was also a beauty, as one would say. Her pale features defined her innocent looking eyes and thin lips that every once in a while she would bite- a habit of hers.  

She had befriended one of Jongin’s friend, Chanyeol’s girlfriend Lee Eunhee. Eunhee was a burst of bubble and honestly nobody could really resist her friendly attitude. And with that, Ye Jin became associated within the small group of friend circle, eventually becoming a part of Jongin’s life.

~~~~ 3 months back ~~~~

“Yah, I really thought we all agreed to stay and watch my theater rehearsal.” An upheveled chanyeol shouted.

 He eyed everyone with no response in return. It was break time and they decided to have lunch on the benches right outside the back of the school.

“Please Chanyeol, we all have exams to study for.” Eunhee responded as she massaged her head for the tenth time.

 “And here I thought my best friends would come to support me.” He grunted and stuffed his mouth with food, a sign that he was clearly disappointed.

“I’ll stay Chanyeol oppa, since I have nothing better do” Ye Jin Chimed in .

“Uh no you’re not , did you forget we’re studying together?!” Eun Hee corrected.

Chanyeol put a hand to Eun Hee’s mouth and pushed her head to the side. He smiled like a fool and grabbed Ye Jin’s hand, “I knew my Ye Jin would come, Thank you.”

Jongin smacked his hand away from Ye Jin.

“Can you two be any more annoying. She’s not going anywhere but to my house so remake your plans’ He responded.

He grabbed Ye Jin’s hand and walked away from the group.

“God, talk about being possessive.” Eun Hee stated as she stood up clean the area around her.

“talk about how my girlfriend does not even support me.” He pouted as he looked up at Eun Hee only to receive a death penetrated glare.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“You know, I really didn’t mind watching Chanyeol oppa’s play”  Ye Jin said as she grabbed a whole bunch of hair and put it into a pony tail. She looked at Jongin who seemed to be lost in his own world as he stared out across the lake which was located right by the school.

This particular spot was what one would call it, their shared space. Filled with large canopy of trees that streamed sunlight from in between its branches and a beautiful lake accompanying the breath taking scenery.

She walked over to Jongin, and tapped his arm. "Earth to Jongin." she waved her hand in front of his face. 

He snapped back to reality and looked at Ye Jin. His tired eyes did not go unnoticed by Ye Jin. His dark circles were becoming more vivid in the past few day and Ye Jin knew it was definitely not due to studying. Jongin never studied and when he did, it was only because she insisted. 

She touched the space under his eyes and gave him a worried look. 

"Is something wrong Jongin?" she questioned as she caressed the bags under his eyes.

Jongin grabbed her hands and half heartedly smiled "nothing." 

"I know it's not nothing, so tell me when you want to okay?" She responded knowing he would never tell her anything that would worry her, especially when it was related to him. 

Even after dating for more than 9 months now, they had come to know every detail of each other. While Jongin would do anything to fix any problems Ye Jin had, she on the other hand had difficulty getting Jongin to talk about his problems. It bothered her that he kept all his pain and worries inside. She knew he didn't want to worry her, but it made her helpless that she couldn't do anything about it.

"About that, your coming to my place after class." He affirmed as they headed back to class. 

"When did I ever agree to that?" She teasingly smiled.

He interlaced her hands in his and shrugged.

"I have to study Jongin, unlike you I really need to do good on the finals." She spoke revealing a tad bit of envy that he didn't have to devote as much time to studying. 

"Study at my place." He stated simply, as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

She stopped in her tracks and amusingly mocked. "Yes, because you'll be the best sport in the whole world and teach me oh so diligently without fooling around right?" 

He smirked as he caressed her knuckles. "You know you like it, so don't even deny it." He teased as they continued walking.

From fooling, he meant the intimacy that Jongin was perfected in. 

she blushed and nudged him hard, eventually making their way to the last class of the day. 

 

-------

OTL, I hope I can improve my writing through this. please, any comments would be appreciated!