1

Secret Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

September 19, 2009 (Asian Song Festival)

Come to think of it, why am I here? Wouldn’t have thought that I was in the midst of a crowd of people is simply to follow the will of my friend. Being in a big concert, forced by my best friend, and now here I am.

I looked around. Everyone is holding lightsticks in their hands and mostly the very intriguing blue sapphire, I just realized. I was stunned for a moment, my head kept turning back to notice light emitted from the light stick, regardless of what the show’s presented in front of the stage right there.

“Az, you see over there?”

I felt someone is pulling my sleeve, forcing me to turn around and see what is she wanted to show me. She was none other than Jung Mirin, my best friend.

“Look, my dear idol! That boyband.” She exclaimed with joy as she handed me her camera. I threw a look-what-the hell-did-you-mean-with-this, she repay me with a sheepish grin. “You know, I'm holding a light stick and you are a reliable cameraman.” She showed the light stick and then looked back at the stage.

Oh, nice. Now I was holding her camera. Indirectly, she told me to record the action stage of her favorite boyband. Very nice.

I glanced at her with an odd look, is she serious about this? I began to suspect that she took me to Korea, more precisely to this concert, only to take advantage of my skills in using a camera. I know this is an excessive suspicion, but I am entitled to ask for an explanation about this after the concert is finished. Seriously, I came all the way from London—leaving school—to Seoul for the sake of a vacation then why should I spend my time to satisfy the desire of Mirin unilaterally?

She was supposed to take me around Seoul, wasn't she?

Ah, just forget about it. Not that I grudge her, I'm just a bit annoyed. Remembering back when she picked me up at the airport with such a rush, she took me to her apartment and then immediately dragged me here without a small talk. I was surprised and a bit annoyed.

“Az!” Mirin patted my arm harsher this time, brought me back to earth. “Hurry, take a good viedo for me!”

“I know.” I told her that sounded like a grunt.

I did what Mirin said, trying to focus the camera on the destination object. I was surprised at the sight of a group of men in suits emerged from the darkness in the middle of the magnificent stage. They began to sing and dance. Looks like I knew them. Don’t underestimate me, even though I lived in London for ten years, but I still am a Korean citizen, who love her country. I always follow the developments and news in Korea when I was in London.

“Aren’t they Super Junior?” I find myself asking.

“Yup.” Mirin simply said. “Az, focus only to him.”

“Huh?” Who Mirin mean by “him”? “Who? Which one?”

“That curly-haired man with a black suit.”

I winced, they all even wore black suits. Did she mean the new member? “The new member?” I voiced my thoughts.

“You know him?” This time Mirin turned to me with a look of disbelief. I gave her a nod, and then she told me. “His name is Cho Kyuhyun.”

I nodded once again. I saw Mirin’s expression changed instantly, she looked dreadful with her new expression.

“What,” I asked.

“We can make this into a masterpiece.” She blurted out.

“What do you mean?”

***

I went back to Mirin’s apartment with mixed mood. Obfuscation with what Mirin said to me in the middle of the concert a few hours ago. She did not answer my confusion and instead told me to keep recording. I spent the rest of the concert by recording that guy named Cho Kyuhyun of Super Junior until he carry out his last performance with some of the members from Girls' Generation in Seoul song.

He had a beautiful voice. Hypnotizing.

I'm not sure if I record it properly because I was too focused to see his face and listen to his voice directly rather than focus on the camera I was holding.

I'm leaning in the refrigerator while holding a glass of water when Mirin into the kitchen. She gave me a smile full of drowsiness, of course she was tired after the concert. Without wasting any more time and to reduce the confusion in my mind, I asked her.

“So, explain the intention of your words, Mirin-ah.” I demanded.

She came over to grab the glass is still half-full of mineral water from me, then gulped it down. “We could make a fan site.”

“Fan site?”

“Yes.” Mirin nodded of certainty, she gazed at me with a serious look. “I was thinking to make a the fan site of Cho Kyuhyun. Take pictures, record videos, spread it through the fan site, and then sell all the results of our work to them. We could work together in this regard, can't we, Az?”<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter