Gentle

Gentle

Listen to this while reading. I was listening to it while writing the story. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjX0LmYtAOM&feature=youtube_gdata_player


 

It has been four months since I joined the dance academy. I really have learned a lot of things that I wished to learn. Dance instructors were very nice to their students. They were very good in teaching too. That's why we, students, had come this far. I found lots of friends already. I even found my crush, Choi Junhong.


It all began when I was just a newbie to the academy. A tall guy approached me first with a great smile. At that time, my heart was quickly captured by that smile of his. He was my first friend there. He showed me around, introduced me to some people and stayed with me every recess and lunch.


He doesn't look bad either, in fact, he's freakin' perfect. He has a milky white skin, perfect round orbs, well-shaped nose and pink plump lips.


I believe that this is gonna be the best year of my school life. It's really my dream to be an idol and dancing will definitely get me in, that's if I know how to dance. That's why I will study harder. With my family, friends.....and Junhong as my inspirations, I'm sure nothing will go wrong!

*~*~*

Right now, I'm in my way to the academy, running. I woke up late because my alarm clock didn't ring and I slept really late last night. My father was really supposed to bring me to school but he said that he's also getting late so that's why he already left the house with mother.


"Finally!" I exclaimed as I reached the academy. From the gate, I rushed to my designated room. I stopped in front of my classroom's door and panted before entering.
When I opened the door, my eyes widened and my heart stopped when I heard an explosion, but lots of confetti came falling after. "SAENGIL CHUKAHAMNIDA! SAENGIL CHUKAHAMNIDA! SARANGHANI MINYOUNG-SSI! SAENGIL CHUKAHAMNIDAA~" my classmates chorused. It took me seconds to realize what was happening. Wait, is it my birthday today? I quickly checked my phone, December 14, 2013. Oh, it is! I got too much busy that I forgot my birthday.


Before I even knew it, tears were already racing down my cheeks. Seeing my tears, Junhong immediately approached me. "Aw, Minyoung-ah, saengil chukahae! Uljima!" Zelo told me as he came closer and helped me wipe my tears. Again, my heart was in for another marathon. "Kaja, let's eat already, we prepared lots for you" he said and held my hand, leading me towards the table that is covered with lots of food.


[A/N : When Minyoung entered, everyone was singing her a happy birthday in Korean. 'Saengil Chukahamnida/Chukahae' simply means 'Happy Birthday' in formal and informal. 'Uljima' means 'stop crying'. :)]


"Dongsaeng-ah, saengil chukahae!" Both N oppa and Yohyun unnie greeted and hugged me very tight. N oppa is my older brother and...his my classmate. Cool right? He's Yohyun unnie's boyfriend. My brother confessed to her a monh ago. I must say they make a great couple.


 I hugged back, tighter."Gomawo oppa! Gomawo unnie! I'm so happy right now, this is the best birthday ever!" I exclaimed as we broke the hug. "Yah! Minyoung unnie! Saengil Chukahae~" Minki greeted as well, hugging me also. "Gomawo!" I replied happily.


"Minyoung-ah! Saengil chukahae!" A group of voice chorused. Before I can even let go of Minki's hug, they already hugged us, squishing us."Yah! We can't breathe anymore!" Minki complained and with that, they released us. Ah, my other friends. Heerin, Minkyung, Minmin, Minjung and Minchan. Don't misunderstand, we aren't siblings or relatives. It's just fate that some of us have 'Min' as the first syllable in our names. "Minyoung-ah, besides us, there's still someone who wants to greet you a happy birthday" Minkyung unnie said, pointing at the door.


[A/N : 'Gomawo' means 'Thank you']


I followed the direction of her finger and to my surprise, I saw my mother and father standing there with their widest smiles ever. I ran to them and hugged them both. "Saengil chukahae!" they both chorused, sending tears to my eyes, threatening to fall again. "Gomawo eomma, appa, jeongmal gomawo!" I thanked then hugged them tight again.


[A/N : 'Jeongmal' means 'Really', same goes with 'Chincha/Jinjja']


"Yah! Minyoung-ah! Saengil Chukahae!" I turn around, hearing a deep but familiar voices. It's N oppa's best pals. Ken oppa, Leo oppa, Ravi oppa, Hongbin oppa and Hyuk oppa. I've known them since I was young since they're N oppa's childhood friends. "Eo, gomawo oppadeul!" I thanked and bowed.
"Group hug! Group hug!" Ravi oppa chanted and before I can even answer, we already cuddled, except Leo oppa. He's really quiet and cold unlike the others. "Ah, don't worry Minyoungie" Ken oppa said, patting my shoulder. "Even though Leo hyung wouldn't show it, he wishes you a happy birthday!"
"Ah, gomawo Leo oppa!" I thanked, flashing the best I can to him. He just gave a small sincere smile.


The little surprise party they made made for me went well. I felt like a little burden because we have no classes today but our dance instructor told that it's okay and he wished me a happy birthday as well. I am very happy that everyone made an effort for my birthday but there's this one thing that got me curious, who's the one that planned all of this?


"Unnie-yah, I was wondering" I approached Yohyun unnie. "Who planned this all?" I asked her, she might know something.
"Ah, it's Junhongie" Yohyun unnie replied.
"Bwo? Junhong?!"
"Yep, he's been bugging us about it since these past few days" I turn to look at Junhong. He was happily talking with Jongup with a plate on his hand. My heart skipped a beat. He's really kind to me. What can I do to repay him with all of his kindness?


[A/N : 'Bwo?' is the informal way if saying 'What?']


Soon, party was already over since it's already dismissal time. I made sure that I thanked my classmates before they leave. "Minyoung-ah, we'll be leaving already, do you wanna go home?" My mother asked.
"Ah, aniyo" I replied. "Go home first, I'll just stay a little longer"
"Ah, arasseo, we'll be going home then" she said then kissed my forehead."Happy Birthday, Honey"
"Gomawo eomma, annyeong! Jalgayo!"


[A/N : 'Aniyo' is the formal way of saying 'No'. Arasseo means 'Okay'. 'Jalgayo' means 'Take Care']


"Minyoungie, me and Yohyun will be going first, okay? I got a call from our studio, we're needed there" Minkyung unnie told me and I nodded with a smile.
"Oh, arasseo!" I said."Annyeong unnies, thank you for this day!"


Little by little, everyone left except for me and Junhong. Weird, he isn't going home yet? "Junhong-ah, aren't you going home yet?" I asked him and he just smiled.
"Not yet, aren't you?" he asked back.
"I will-"
"Then I'll walk you home!" He exaimed cheerfully. Aigoo, this kid, never runs out of energy.
"Arasseo" I replied smiling.


*~*~*


Silence fills the air as none of us dared to speak. It wasn't awkward for him since his enjoying the calmness of the breeze and the view of the streets. I, on the other hand, is very nervous since this the first time I'm walking home with a boy, in fact, the boy I'm walking with is Junhong, my long time crush. "Ah, Junhong-ah" I called and he turned to me.
"Mm?" he mumbled.
"Thank you for today"
"For what?"
"For planning everything, it's the best birthday ever"
"Ah, so you knew"
"Uh-huh, jeongmal gomawo! You don't know happy I am today"
"I'm glad you like it"


My house soon came in view and that's when we stopped in front. "Thank you for bringing me home today Junhong!" I thanked. "So, this is goodbye?"
"Yeah, see you tomorrow" he answered.
"Arasseo, Jalgayo! Annyeong!" I made a small goodbye wave at him and he did the same as he was already retreating.


I decided to open our front door when I heard my name being called.
"Minyoung-ah!" I quickly turned around, immediately recognizing Junhong's voice. He jogged towards me. "Minyoung-ah..." he called again, this time whispering since he was panting a little.
"What? Why did you return?"
"C-can I...." he nervously said, raising his hand to cup my cheek. I quickly froze at the sudden skinship. What the heck is he doing?
"C-can I....kiss you?" he nervously asked, looking dierectly into my eyes. My eyes widened at his question. "K-kiss me?" I repeated and he nodded slowly, his cheeks already red. 


My mind was telling me not to but my body moved on it's own so I unconciously nodded. I pointed my finger to my cheek, signalling him to kiss my cheek. I waited but nothing came, instead, I felt his fingers under my chin. He then tilted my head to his direction and I felt his soft lips on mine. My mind completely went blank. I think all of the blood in my body were rising up to my face. Ah, eotteokhae?!


[A/N : 'Eotteokhae?' means 'What do I do?'. It also means 'How?']


He broke away soon as he didn't have any responses from me. Then I heard him sigh sadly. "I'm sorry for scaring you like that Minyoung-ah" he apologized, ducking his head low, embarassed for what he did.


"Well, see you tomorrow then, I'm sorry again Minyoung-ah" He gave a sad smile before leaving but before he can, my body moved on it's own again. I grabbed his nape and kissed him on the lips. This time, it was his turn to widen his eyes but he relaxed and kissed me back.


The kiss wasn't rough, it was gentle. Junhong makes sure that he's careful in kissing me, afraid that if he'd kiss me rougher, I wouldn't like it. Even in kissing me, he's still nice and gentle. I just smiled and pulled him closer, telling him it's okay. He smiled as well, his hand cupping my head while the other rested on my waist, gently pulling me closer.


My heart was fluttering in happiness. Everything felt so right. Me in his arms and ours lips on each other. I couldn't ask for more.

We broke away after how many minutes, foreheads touching. Our breaths are tangled as we struggle for air. "Minyoung-ah....I like you, really like you" he managed to whisper.
"You like me?" I asked, unsure about myself.
"Why? Don't you like me?"
"I do like you, a lot but like someone like me?"
"Because you're you. I like everything about you..." I look at his face. I see nothing but honesty and sincerity. Tears were forming in my eyes. No one can describe of how happy I am right now. This is the best birthday ever. My love has finally confessed his feelings to me.


"Wait! Scratch that, I love you Cha Minyoung" he whispered in my ear then hugged me tight. I snuggled on his chest and sighed in content."I love you too Choi Junhong..."
 


 

Crappy oneshot. =)) I'm so sorry. :))) hope you like it! I've been thinking of you while doing it. ;) yep yep. This is also for the Zelo-biased persons out there! Haha. Belated Happy Birthday again Coffeemate! I love you! ♥

 

Comment and subscribe yeoreobeeun~ I would like to hear your thoughts! :)