Meaningful

Thank You

                                                           

 

 

 

 

 

 

It`s just another ordinary for Minseok in the hospital. He have been working in the mental hospital for 4 years now. He is also one of the best doctor in the hospital.

"Doctor Minseok!" A nurse knock his door.

"Yes?"

"There`s a new patient coming. You`re going to be incharge of her. We did examination on her already. All of her health data is in this file." She hand him the file.

"Thank you, which room is she in?"

"In room 258."

"Okay thank you, you may leave."

He read her health data. Her name is Lee Minyoung, age 19 and she`s having schizophrenia. It is stated that she have been abused physically and mentally by her brother. She kill her brother because of depression.

Minseok decided to check on her. So he went to her room with a nurse.

Minyoung sit in a corner, looking down at the floor and humming a sad song.

She look lost and hopeless.

Minseok slowly step close towards her and trying to start a conversation with her.

"Hye, my name is Minseok. Let`s be friends." She look up at Minseok and turn her face to face the wall.

"No! Mom said don`t be friends with stranger, be friends with oppa only, oppa will protect me." Minseok is used to see this kind of situation already. Poor girl, been wasted at such young age.

"But then oppa misused mom`s trust, oppa hurt me, oppa didn`t protect me, i hate oppa!" She start screaming and crying.

Usually he would ask the nurse to use inject sleeping medicine for these kind of patient but somehow he didn`t how it happen, he hugged the girl to calm her.

Surprisingly the girl didn`t push him.

"Don`t worry oppa is gone, I`ll protect you."

"Really?" She ask him like a little girl.

"Yes." He look at the girl. Then he realise something about her. She has a beautiful face. Her eyes caught his attention the most. It`s beautiful but full with pain.

"Minseok oppa. I`m hungry." She innocently ask him. He then ask the nurse to bring some food for her, while he stay in the room with her.

The nurse then come back with a tray of food.

"Here, your food. Let me feed you." Minseok feed her because her hands are tied up at the back in that uniform of mental patient. She on the other side didn`t protest about her condition in that uniform.

She just follow what Minseok told her.

After she finish her meal, Minseok give her medicine.

"What`s that?" She looking up at him with her innocent face.

"It`s medicine for you to get healthy."

"Healthy? Is Minyoung sick?"

"Minyoung, is not sick. Minyoung, will be pretty if Minyoung eat this."

"Pretty? Why?"

"Because Minseok likes to Minyoung pretty."

She blush after hearing Minseok`s compliment.

"Now, aaahhh, eat your medicine."

"Ahhh." She follow obediently.

"Now sleep okay?" She nod her head.

"Minseok oppa have to leave Minyoung for now. Minseok oppa will visit again tomorrow okay? Be a good girl."

She smile at him, as she slowly fall asleep because of the medicine effect.

Minseok and the nurse slowly went out of the room.

"Doctor, isn`t it weird, she trust people easily." The nurse ask him.

"Yeah, maybe that`s why she`s been abused. Because she trust her brother easily. We must give her support and not using violent against her even if she try to harm us. Its not her willing to be in this state." Minseok told the nurse before he glance at Minyoung`s room.


 

It took a few months for Minyoung to recover a little from her schizophrenia. She started to trust more people although she would still hide behind Minseok everytime someone approach her.

More and more hospital staff becomes friends with her.

They are suppose to be nice to all of the patient there to help them recover.

One day Minseok decided to bring her out to see the public. Although it`s not advisable but Minseok take the full responsibility if anything happen.

"You look so pretty today Minyoung." The nurse told her while help her to dress properly and put a little make up on her.

"Minyoung pretty?" She ask the nurse.

"Yes." The nurse smile at her. The nurse loves Minyoung like her own little sister.

After listening to Minseok advice, she start to open her eyes and mind to know more about Minyoung and be close to her.

Minyoung is like other girls too, it`s just that she have a rough start in life.

It wasn`t her choice to be in that state.

Minseok went inside the room to get Minyoung. He was mesmerized by her beauty. She doesn`t even look like a patient from mental asylum.

"Minseok oppa." She smile at him.

Her smile melted his heart. He reach out his hand to her indicating that he want to take her out.

She take his hand slowly.

"It`s a shame you can`t join us." Minseok told the nurse.

"I wanted too, but I have family occasion. Spend your time well." She told Minseok and smile at Minyoung.

"Oh? She`s not coming? Sad." She told Minseok.

"It`s okay, tomorrow when I visit you in the morning, tell me about everything that happen today okay?" The nurse hug her. Minyoung just nodded with a smile.

Minseok bring her to shopping mall to buy clothes for her.

"Try this Minyoung." He show her a mint coloured cute dress. She frown at Minseok,before trying it in the fitting room. It took her 10 minutes to change. 

Minseok curious if anything happen inside there.

"Minyoung are you alright?"

"No." She reply.

"Why what happen?" He panic.

"Minyoung don`t know if Minseok oppa will like to see Minyoung in this or not."

Minseok laugh at her statement.

"No, oppa won`t laugh. Come out now, let Minseok oppa look at it." She slowly open the door and peek outside at the same time.

Minseok just stunned at her. She thought Minseok didn`t like it because he was speechless, so she went inside the fitting room and close the door.

"See, Minseok oppa didn`t like it."

"Who say."

"Minseok oppa didn`t say anything. Didn`t say anything means oppa don`t like."

"Minyoung-ah, Minseok oppa didn`t say anything because Minyoung so beautiful in that dress that oppa can`t describe with proper words."

"Really?" She peek outside from inside the fitting room.

"Yes. Come out, let Minseok oppa take picture of you in that dress." She come out and smile at Minseok when he snap a picture of hers.

"Now let`s pay this dress." Minseok drag her to the counter.

After shopping, Minseok bring her to a basketball court.

"Minseok oppa! Why are we here at night?" She ask him.

"Because Minseok oppa want to show Minyoung that Minseok oppa can play basketball."

"Yeay." She clapped her hands.

Minseok start playing basketball and show his skills but he fail because he`s not that tall.

"Minseok oppa! I thought you supposed to do it like this." She take the ball and score.

"Woah where did you learn that."

"Minyoung is better than Minseok oppa." She stick out her tongue to Minseok before running around the court with the ball in her hand.

Both of them end up running around instead of playing basketball.

"Minyoung-ah, you`re so energetic. Let`s go back. Minseok oppa is tired already."

"Oh, sorry. Okay let`s go." Their footsteps stop when a random drunk guy come up to them out of the blue.

"Hey! Why are you here in my territory huh? Trying to messed up with me huh?" The drunk man trying to find trouble with Minseok.

Minseok try to avoid such things so he calm told the guy that he`s sorry.

"No sorry, bro, you think you`re cool huh? No one can enter my territory without my permission. Die !" He shoved a knife onto Minseok`s stomach.

Minseok fall to the ground. Minyoung hit the drunk man with a brick that she found near the basketball court.

That man fall beside Minseok. 

"Minseok oppa!" She panic and she pull out the knife from his body. That man trying to get up and attack Minyoung, but Minseok stop him by holding onto that man`s leg.

Not letting him go near Minyoung.

"Run! Don`t bother about me, run!" He told Minyoung.

Minyoung run to random direction. She didn`t know where she`s heading. With blood on her hands and on her clothes.

She accidentally stumbled onto 2 police man who were patrolling.

"Miss, what happen to you?" One of the police ask.

"Minseok oppa, injured, blood, knife." She told them. She looks suspicious so they brought her to police station.


 

A few weeks later Minseok wake up from his coma. He lose a lot of blood and were in a critical condition.

He saw the nurse who take care of Minyoung with him is there.

"How`s Minyoung. Is she safe?" He ask her. But she just cried and look down.

"What happen? Why are you crying."

"They thought she`s the one who attack you, because of her finger print on that knife. The police accidentally stumbled upon her when she`s running away from you. Blood all over her clothes and hand. They`re suspicious, so they brought her to the police station."

"But it wasn`t her. It was that crazy drunk man!" Minseok exclaimed to her.

"I know Minyoung wouldn`t do that but she have no lawyer to stand for her rights. Besides, there`s no witness during that incident and she have criminal record for killing her brother before this, so they thought its the same. Plus, they found her finger print on that knife. Even her status as a patient of mental asylum couldn`t save her. I told them to wait for you to awake from coma, but your parent`s insisted on excuting her as soon as possible. I couldn`t blame your parent`s because they love you."

"Do you mean, she is sentenced to death?" The nurse just nodded.

Minseok`s heart shattered. Shock in disbelief

"They found out who the real culprit was." She told him.

"So, she`s free from the accusation right?"

"But, that was after she have been execute."

Minseok just stared at the ceiling, feeling unbelievable.

"I know you have feelings for her Minseok. She loves you too. I got to see her before the execution. She ask me to record her video. These are her last words."

The nurse pass him her phone. 

"Minseok oppa! I`m sorry I couldn`t protect you. I deserve to die. Thank you for bringing me out the other day. I want to say this to you earlier but I shy. I love you Minseok oppa. I hope you get well. Minseok oppa, take care of yourself when I`m gone. I love you till my last breath. Thank you once again."

Minseok tears start to flow. He feel bad and useless because he couldn`t do anything to help her.

"I love you too Minyoung."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N : I think this oneshot is better than my Luhan oneshot. Man I at writing T.T I`m sorry to poke your eyes with ugly writing and grammar. Comment below to express your feelings. Tell me if you cried. Ignore that picture of XiuMin doing coffee. I think that suit the best. LOL because I can`t find his picture with doctore attire hmm :/