Sehun- Lean on me

The guys of kyungsoo's life
 
Sehun was drenched. He has hoped a little after he has set off for the pelting of rain to let off or, even better, stop soon. However, it doesn't look like it's happening and instead, the shower became more insistent on drowning him as he half-ran back home. His hyung would probably nag him for the irresponsible and possibly cold-inducing action since he hasn't thought of bringing his umbrella this morning, but it was with the thought of the same person that Sehun is actually doing it.
 
It was quite late, which isn't really much of a problem itself. Sehun was at a friend's place doing a group project. The problem is that his cellphone has died since he left home this morning (or possibly even before. Sometimes Sehun just does not feel like checking his phone since the only person he would ever really contact is Kyungsoo and he didn't think this would be necessary today in particular). He couldn't get a hold of his brother by the phone at home and he never properly memorized his brother's number (sure he could maybe pick it out of a bunch of other phone numbers since he actually used to remember it, but he thinks now that he has his own phone, why bother?). 
 
He urged his feet to defy the wind now also slapping on his face, hurling the water harder on his skin. Kyungsoo is a huge worrier. He constantly worries on everyone and everything. Being Kyungsoo's younger brother, Sehun ends up to become the reason for his worry more often than not. It's not entirely Kyungsoo's fault that he does since Sehun provides him with a lot to worry about. Being a couple of hours late without any notice is one of them.
 
Sehun sighs as their apartment door is finally within his sight and quickly peeled off his soaking jacket as soon as he walked inside. It surprised him that the temperature inside is not much different from outdoors where the wind is still howling. He knew Kyungsoo got off his work a good hour ago. It wouldn't take him long to get home since it wasn't too far away and it's not that Sehun minds, but Kyungsoo would have normally have at least something for him at the table, and on cold days like this, it would definitely be something warm, but none of the lights around are even on. Sehun knows Kyungsoo wants to lower the electricity bills and whatnot and would often turn the lights out in rooms that aren't occupied and only turn them on when the sun has definitely set, but it's completely dark outside. Sehun began to feel the wet and coldness of his clothing seep in to him as he turned the lights on the living room on. 
 
To his relief, Kyungsoo is there on the sofa, asleep. Next to him a pile of fluffy towel and what looks like a set of Sehun's clean clothes. He can even hear a beep from the microwave telling him a plate of warm food or a steaming mug is waiting for him.
 
Sehun chuckles lightly. Oh Hyung.....
 
His gaze drifted back to where his hyung sat, curled up in deep sleep. 
 
Thank you.
 
His wet hands brushed against his brothers as he grabs the pile obviously meant for him, surprised when he realises that it wasn't any warmer than his own. He quickly showered and grabbed a blanket from Kyungsoo's room. 
 
His brother has not moved an inch since Sehun left him, and as Sehun carefully covers him in the soft material, he gave a small whimper which made Sehun froze in his spot before returning to his previous state. Sehun can see Kyungsoo began to shiver slightly and frowns before taking his plate of noodles to sit under the blanket with his hyung, sharing his body warmth.
 
He eats his food as quietly as he can manage, but as the heater begins to kick in and the atmosphere starts to warm up, his frown only became deeper.
 
It was odd. Kyungsoo hasn't woken up by the sound of the microwave beeping or Sehun barging into their place where he is known to wake from the sound of the light switch in the kitchen on the days when Sehun just can't sleep. He hasn't moved when Sehun took his pile of clothing from under his hand or when he covered his brother with the blanket. It probably wasn't anything worth worrying much about, but it was odd.
 
He returns his plate and cutlery to the sink and finds himself frowning again in front of the huddle on the couch. He takes in the elder's tired face and troubled eyebrows.
 
He grabs a pillow and painstakingly moved his brother into a more comfortable position on the couch, making sure he doesn't jostle the other much. He notices how small and light Kyungsoo is compared to himself.
 
He rearranges the blanket, meticulously tucking Kyungsoo in and brushing his hair away. He remembered the times when their roles are reversed. Kyungsoo hovering over him, making sure Sehun is very comfortable before kissing a goodnight kiss that feels warm on his forehead but would pretend to brush off anyway, and falling asleep to Kyungsoo's chuckles as he turns off the lights in their bedroom. He remembers Kyungsoo being the tall and strong hyung he secretly looks up to who would spoil him with the little pocket money he was given and patting his back when he was hurt or upset.
 
When did he become this small and fragile?
 
Even so, Kyungsoo is still the strong one, fighting everything against their odds, making sure Sehun is well and happy. Sehun knows Kyungsoo isn't always as ok as he insists himself to be. Yet he doesn't know how to tell his brother that he is no longer the little baby he needs to smother in cuddles and kisses.
 
He leans his forehead to his brother's and closes his eyes in a prayer.
 
Hyung...
 
I hope you can hear me...
 
I hope you know I'm all grown up now.
 
Thanks to our parents. Thanks to you.
 
But hyung...
 
I wish you would know,
 
I'm no longer that kid you need to shield from all the harm in the world.
 
I'm ok with being hurt.
 
So please share with me your hardships and sorrows,
 
Lean on me the way I've learnt to lean on you without any worries.
 
Please know this even though I never knew how to communicate this out loud.
 
 
I love you.
 
Be back soon with the next chapter (hopefully)