It hurts

Worth the Pain

Minah’s P.O.V

It seemed like ages until the group had decided they had had enough and left. I remained lying on the ground for a few minutes, unsure if I would be able to get up even if I tried. My whole body ached and stung like crazy and I could see several bruises forming around my past one above my wrist. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes for a moment, listening to the sereneness of the silence. Turning my body onto my back with a groan, I opened my eyes and looked up at the sky. It was covered with dark and gloomy clouds, just waiting to burst with rain.

“Kai, I wish you were here to tell me everything was okay,” I thought, but I knew it was better if he wasn’t since everything would be put to waste if he knew.

I let out a whimper as a tear threatened to drop. I blinked and the tear fell onto the dirt. And at that moment, the rain began to pour, almost as if it was crying with me. I smiled as the cold droplets of water began to engulf me. The dirt began to turn into mud and the calming sound of the rain was interrupted with a loud crash of thunder. I took that as a signal to go home and began to gather myself into a sitting position. A pain shot up my back and up to my neck. I gasped and cringed as it began to throb excruciatingly. I quickly clambered onto my legs and held the school’s wired fence to gain balance. Just like that I began to walk home, taking slow steps which each ended in agonizing pain.

I took slow yet heavy breaths as I passed the fence and began to walk without support. My hands were clutched in fists and a headache began to make my head thump loudly to the point that it had drowned out the sound of the rain. Before I knew, I had tripped on a crack and landed on my knees heavily. The skin on my knees began to sting and I could feel myself losing control. And that was when my emotions released and I wept like a lost child.

---

I had managed to get myself to the front door of my home, but I was dripping in water. My eyes hurt from the rain that entered them and my body ached and shivered from the cold. At times like this, I would open the door and see my mum running to me with a towel and a worried face. She would rub my hair dry and hurry me into a hot bath that she prepared. I smiled at the thought.

My hands trembled as I pushed my key into the keyhole and turned the door. I took a step into the house, welcomed by the darkness and silence of a house only I lived in. What did I expect anyway, it’s not like I have anyone anymore. I paused for a moment and smiled. Well, I have Kai, don’t I? I dragged myself to the bathroom and the shower. I looked at myself in the mirror, and hated what I saw. My hair looked like seaweed dripping with water. Diluted blood trickled down my face from the cuts that hadn’t seemed to stop bleeding. New cuts and bruises covered my face that no longer seemed recognisable. I stepped into the shower and felt the hot water run down my body. Wait a moment. How come I haven’t seen Kai today? I decided to dismiss the thought and started washing myself in which I concluded was one of the difficult things I had ever done in my life.

---

My body had ached unbearably in the morning, but I forced myself to attend school, knowing the money spent on education should not be wasted. I cursed when I found the foundation bottle running into a dangerously low amount. I began to use up the remains to cover my face. You could still see hints of the dark bruises, but I figured people wouldn’t notice unless they looked closely. I saw my school bag that was still drying from last night on a chair. I sighed and decided to go to school without it.

---

By the time I had reached school, I had felt dizzy from the pain. I leant against a locker and looked up to see Kai looking at me from a distance. He quickly looked away and disappeared amongst the crowd of students. Kai? Did he just avoid me? I probably just saw wrong since my vision is pretty blurred. I took a step and felt my body leaning to my right involuntarily. I shut my eyes, bracing myself for the fall of embarrassment. Instead, I felt a hand grabbing my arm and holding me back upright. I glanced up and looked at Luhan as if he was an angel who saved me from what couldve been the most embarassing fall of my life.

Are you okay? Minah?” he asked, shaking me gently.

“Y-yeah, thanks,” I stuttered.

He guided me to a seat and I gave a grateful smile.

“Do you need to go to the nurse?” Luhan said, concerned.

I slowly felt my dizziness subdue and my vision began to clear. The bell suddenly rang and I stood up abruptly, instantly beginning to regret getting up. My vision blurred almost instantly and I found myself falling into Luhan’s grasp.

“Minah!” I heard him yell, but all I could see was darkness before I out.

---

Kai’s P.O.V (moments before)

I stood there in shock when I saw Minah give a smile to Luhan. I felt infuriated and angry, but I couldn’t understand why.

“Kai!” I heard Hyuna shout.

I turned to her and she grabbed my wrist, pulling me away from the scene. I had mentally thanked her for that.

“Sorry but I don’t have time right now,” I lied. “Sorry.”

Hyuna’s face was filled with surprise before she looked down and muttered “okay.”

I headed outside to cool my mind, and forced the image of Minah and Luhan out of my head. Why is there a strange feeling in my chest?

---2 days before the end of the month---

I headed to the table filled with my friends holding my tray of food. I took a seat and I saw Kris looking at me intently.

“What?” I asked in annoyance.

“Hmm, how’s the dare going?” he smirked.

I had given up on avoiding Minah for the past few weeks and had decided to just talk to her incase she would break up and ruin the dare. I felt an almost painful feeling in my chest every time, but I had chosen to ignore it.

“P-perfectly fine,” I accidently stuttered.

“Ohhh, did Kai just stutter?” Kris commented with a large grin. “You’re not actually falling for her are you?

The group sitting on the table decided to contribute to the conversation.

“Kai and Minah? Impossible.”

“Who would fall for a girl like Minah? She always looks as if she’s sick.”

“Yeah, I don’t even want to be near her in case I catch her disease.”

I felt myself boiling in anger, and I wanted to punch the hell out of those idiots who even dared to insult Minah.

“Hah, are you kidding me? I can’t stand being near her either,” I snorted and I paused for a  moment, unable to believe what I had just said.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys, omg so sorry for the random timelapse but I had to get them to the point when the dare was gunna end so i could put Kris in haha.