002

Frozen in Time

A guy walked along the line of shops and smiled at the passersby, mostly ladies who were shamelessly ogling and flirting at him. He mostly ignored them like he always does because he doesn’t care, his heart was stolen a long time ago and he was proud to admit she was a great girl and she’s all his.

A flower stall in front of a toy shop caught his eyes and he slowly stopped before retracing his step back towards the said stall. A lady in her early thirties greeted him with a smile and asked what he was looking for. He pondered for a while and finally decided on a nice two colored tulips, her favorite. The owner smiled and complimented on his great choice before carefully wrapping it nicely and handed it to him. He quickly took out the amount of money needed to pay for it and the lady brightened and bowed at him, grateful as she doesn’t receive much customers.

~

“Yah, what is your favourite flower?” Jongdae suddenly asked and his girlfriend stopped her research and turned to look at the latter. He saw her pondering, maybe trying to find the answer to his question.

He knew how she still wasn’t used to this type of lifestyle. Ever since of the outbreak of her research concerning a certain drug, people were never the same anymore. It was compulsory for people to take the drug to maintain the peace the world recently obtained, though it could possibly be in this place only.

“Tulips, maybe”. Her answer surprised Jongdae from his thoughts and he watched as his girlfriend smiled. “Tulips? Why?”

The girl shrugged and returned back to her research. Ever since he entered her life, she was always doing her research in her house instead of her lab with her partner. He remembered her mentioning that her lab partner was a male named Jiyong or GD as what he claimed his alias name was in the society.

Jongdae still shuddered at the thought of what GD actually does as his career, including her. They were scientist who worked for the government and truth to be told. He disliked the government; especially for taking what he thinks is the most important to all, emotions.

~

The guy continued to walk towards his destination and he stopped when his phone rang. He blinked at the name of the caller displayed and answered him, immediately greeted with a yell. The later winced as he pulled the phone further from his ears before placing it back.

“Yah, Kim Jongdae. Where the heck are you? It’s almost one hour since the waiting time and you’re still not here. I should have killed you the moment I had the chance to,” the caller grumbled. “The others are all already here and they’ve been complaining for who knows how long and I can’t stand it anymore”.

Jongdae chuckled. “Alright, alright, I’m almost there by the way. I just made a little stop at a flower stall, I saw these beautiful tulips and I was immediately reminded of…” he abruptly stopped and the caller immediately grasped the unfinished sentence. He let out a sigh and whispered in the background towards the others. “Hyung, I know I’m not supposed to say this since I’m the maknae and all but, you should really stop. It’s unhealthy hyung and you know the person doesn’t exist, she never did”.

~

He groaned when he felt a light shaking from his side and he lazily opened his eyes, seeing her trying to wake her up. He was suddenly on alert when he noticed she had tears in her eyes and instantly sat up, wanting to comfort her.

“Hey, what’s wrong?” The girl stared at him and hugged him, sitting on his lap.

“I don’t know what happened. I was suddenly crying and I instantly knew I was sad but, I didn’t know why,” she explained and Jongdae softly ran his hand over her back, trying to calm her down.

“Everything’s alright. I’m here,” he soothingly said. He leaned back and watched her, his heart breaking at the sight in her eyes. He knew that look. She was lying to him and she probably know why she was sad. He felt bitter .

“What if everything can be turned back and the need for the drug would cease to exist in the first place,” she suddenly said and that certainly worried him.

~

“Sehun-ah, I know what you said is true and you’re all worried for me but, I know it’s not just a fragment of my imagination. She really exist, she does and nothing else can say make me think otherwise” Jongdae replied and entered the place where he was supposed to meet with the others, his group members.

He quickly hung up and he could almost imagined Sehun cursing him under his breath, if he does curse at him. The maknae is sometimes too innocent but he knows it’s otherwise. He could say in a heartbeat that the maknae might be the most rational one amongst them…almost. “Hey guys,” he greeted and slide onto the spot next to Kai.

“Hey, what happened? Sehun told us that you bought flowers for your…err,girlfriend” Kris hesitated. The latter confirmed and showed the flowers he bought and Luhan immediately cooed at the flowers, saying how pretty it was and he would love if someone bought it for him to which Sehun just rolled his eyes before focusing back on Jongdae.

~

Jongdae didn’t know what happened but he realized he suddenly out after his girlfriend sudden statement which really did worry him. He heard someone calling him from a distant and groaned as a response.

“Hyung, are you okay?” he heard a voice asking him and he tried to open his eyes. When he finally did, he was immediately blinded by a bright light and covered his eyes with his hand. “What happened?”

He didn’t know who he was asking but, he knew it wasn’t his girlfriend. He tried opening his eyes and blinked a few times trying to adjust his eyes to the harsh lighting. “Thank god you’re awake. Let me call the others”.

When he was sure his eyes were fully adjusted, he moved his hand away and returned it to his side. He carefully looked around, successfully recognizing the place as the hospital and he groaned at the realization. What happened that suddenly landed him in the hospital. He was very sure he was with his girlfriend right before he out but, he wasn’t so sure now.

He looked back at the door when he heard it being pushed open and smiled when he saw s. “Chen, you’re okay?” Kris asked and the younger nodded, making his leader smile. Joonmyun then went beside him and placed his hand on his shoulder, softly squeezing it.

“We’re all worried of you. You suddenly disappeared and the next thing we know you’re in the hospital”.

“How long did I disappear? And where is she? Is she okay?”Jongdae worriedly asked. The others looked at each other and it was obvious on each of their face. They were baffled at his questions concerning a certain female that they never knew about.

“It was only for a few hours Jongdae and who is this ‘she’ you’re talking about?” Minseok asked, coming closer towards one of his closest friend.

Jongdae blinked at his question and pondered if the female, his girlfriend was some sort of a figment of his imagination while he was unconscious. “My girlfriend?” he whispered and Joonmyun immediately sighed. “Jongdae, there is no girlfriend. You never had one,” he pointed out.

 ~

“Chen, I don’t like how you’re so absorbed in these thoughts of yours, it’s just…unhealthy hyung. I’m worried for you, we’re all are. You’ve always been talking about this girlfriend of yours and how you had dated her for almost one years when we all know we all were so busy promoting then and how she is this genius scientist at a young age which I think is impossible,” Suho confessed.

Chen let out a heavy sigh and placed his head on his folded arms on the table. “I just know she’s there, she’s real. I almost died but she saved me…by turning back time,” he whispered. Tao scoffed at the idea and grumbled under his breath that if it is time control he should be doing it.

“You know that is impossible, Jongdae. The whole story is just unacceptable. About the government, the drug, the imbalance in peace and even the thought of not having your emotion by taking the drug,” Minseok pointed to which the others nodded, except for Chen himself. Chen hopefully looked at Kris, the only one who would perhaps believe him. They never told anyone but Kris was their mutual friend, the one who introduced her to Chen. Kris was worried that his friend would be so absorbed in her career that she won’t ever socialize and he was quite perplexed on how they even became friends, her only friend.

Kris pitifully watched Chen and he felt the weight he always had to burden weighing him more. Kris had always told the latter that he never knew this girl and Chen accepted the explanation deeming it might be because of the time that she reversed. He sighed feeling guilty that he couldn’t help his friend. He really didn’t know this girl and even if he did, the whole story seemed impossible to him. There was nothing of that government-related thing that happened. Not a single one but he did have the intention of introducing Jongdae to his friend that would arrived in Korea soon.

“Actually… I have to tell you guys something,” he carefully started and the members all looked at him, mentally chanting for him to continue. “This girl that Chen’s always talking about is possibly real and all, but the whole story is still impossible. Jongdae always said that I’m a mutual friend of theirs and that could be true. I was planning on introducing a friend mine to all of you, especially to Jongdae. But it didn’t happened yet and maybe it was just your imagination since I did told you that I was going to introduce her to you,” he confessed and immediately closed his eyes, afraid of their reactions especially Chen. Kris slowly relaxed and blinked when he saw all of them gawking at him, even the boyfriend himself.

“You’re not joking right?” Chanyeol asked, breaking the silence and they all nodded agreeing to his question. Kris shook his head and sipped his drink. “Unfortunately, I’m –”

“Annyoenghaseyo,” a voice chimed, interrupting Kris. Chen froze, all sorts of memories of him with his girlfriend flashing, particularly the parts where she greets him and Kris. “Oh, hi. Are you a fan? Do you want our autograph?” Suho smiled. “Err, Joonmyun…” Kris blindly tapped him, his eyes remaining on the source of voice. “That’s not a fan. At least not a normal one,” he added.

The girl smiled and switched her gaze from the others to Chen who still had his back in front of her. “I’m actually here for Jongdae”

And that moment was when he quickly turned and stood in front of her, the necklace loosely hanging around her neck catching his attention. “Finally, I found you,” she whispered, softly smiling at him and Chen could swore, he almost believed all what the others said about him. He was losing his mind, no doubt about it.

“That’s my friend that I was talking about,” Kris admitted. Nope, he wasn’t crazy. No doubt about it.