Meet

Take Flight Or Fall . . .

<3 Loving the support!

Last chapter was actually a prologue, please keep that in mind!

BTW, has anyone seen Taemin’s new (well, not so new) blonde hair???

WHY TAEMIN WHY?! I liked his orange hair . . .

But honestly my fav was definitely Lucifer hair! OH-EM-GEE!

(melts while staring at a pic of Taemin Lucifer hair)

“No, no. No! NO! This . . . this wasn’t meant to happen!”

“But it did.”

“How . . . I . . . I don’t understand!”

“. . . This is the price you have paid for your foolish ignorance . . .”

Taemin shot up from where he lay on the ground, breathing heavily. The dream, or rather, nightmare he just had still seemed like it was echoing in his head. The same sneering voice as usual had spoken the familiar words. The blinding pain felt exactly the same.

His hands were closed into fists, pulling at the soft bed of grass he lay on.

“Urgh . . .”

The blonde boy groaned and buried his head in his hands in a vain attempt to stop the images from flashing in front of his eyes. But even with eyes closed, he could still see them clearly.

“Minnie?”

He stiffened suddenly.

“Minnie, where are you?”

There was a slight rustling before the canopy of leaves that had hidden him were lifted away and someone, a boy, stepped in.

“Taemin . . .”

He didn’t move. It was just too tiring pretending once again that nothing was wrong.

“Come on Minnie, we have to get out of here before-“

His sentence was cut off with a little gasp.

At that moment, the sun began to rise.

As the golden beams of light touched the tip of Taemin’s head, his entire body it up with a glow so bright any human had to look away.

Not the other boy though. He just watched was sad eyes as the glow slowly faded. Then suddenly he began to change too as the light reached him. By the time the sun had half risen, no humans remained in the grassy patch.

There were only two snow white swans.

 “Let’s go, hyung.”

Key hesitated before following.

 “Yes . . . and I thought I told you to call me eomma! ”

*****

“Where is my son this morning?”

The butler watched the maid fiddle with the hem of her dress nervously, trying to think of a good excuse to cover her mistake. It was the same routine every morning.

If the Young Master is to do this, he should at least make it less harsh on his servants . . .

“He, uh, he is . . . uh-“

“I do believe he has an appointment with the Duchess this morning, Your Majesty.”

The butler smoothly stepped in, saving the poor maid who shot him a grateful look. Her legs stopped quivering and she released the tight grip on her skirt.

Thank you, Onew-ssi” she mouthed to him.

The Queen frowned and directed her glare towards her butler.

“And when did he suddenly decide to go visit my sister?”

“I do not know, but the Duchess did say that she would love to spend some time with him.”

With an impatient flick of her hand, she sent the maid scurrying away.

“Why is he like this, Onew?”

She gently massaged her temples.

“Prince Minho is still young; he will understand when he is older.”

“Yes . . . I hope so.”

*****

There was silence, even though the whole forest had already woken up. The only thing that Taeyeon could hear was the soft rustling of the wind blowing past feathers.

Wait, feathers?

She gently sat up and looked around hopefully for someone.

But no one came.

She sighed.

It was lonely on days like these. When the rest of the swans wouldn’t come to play with her, she was all alone. And she wasn’t even allowed to go out to play by herself.

Annyeong.

She turned around quickly.

“Oh, annyeong haseyo, Jonghyun-oppa.”

He smiled and sat down next to her.

“Feeling lonely?”

She gave a little laugh and took Jonghyun’s hand.

“Not anymore.”

“Taemin had the nightmare again.”

The smile slipped off her face and she turned away from Jonghyun, releasing his hand in the process. She stood up and folded her arms in front of her.

“Is that why he isn’t coming today?”

“Yeah . . .”

She stood there for a while, allowing herself to sink into her thoughts. Then, suddenly, Taeyeon shook her head to clear herself of negative thoughts. How selfish was she? Here she was moping over the fact that her oppa wasn’t coming to see her today while Jonghyun had kindly taken the time to come to makes sure that she wasn’t lonely.

“Anyways,” she turned back to face him,” how are things with you and Key?”

At these words, Jonghyun’s face flushed and he nervously fiddled with some grass.

“They’re . . . t-they’re good.”

He attempted to keep his voice calm.

“Really?”

Taeyeon grinned and grabbed Jonghyun’s arm excitedly.

“Something happened last night didn’t it!”

“Well . . . “

“I knew it!”

She yelled triumphantly, breaking into a mini-happy dance. Then, turning up all the aegyo she could, she looked at Jonghyun with puppy eyes.

“Tell me everything that happened.”

Jonghyun sighed.

Why did both the two siblings both have amazing powers in aegyo?

“Fine . . .”

“YAY!”

*****

“Taemin . . .”

The swan with a black bordered orange bill called towards the completely white swan.

“You have to at least drink some water, my baby!”

“Fine, eomma.”

The reply was laced with heavy sarcasm.

Key sighed.

How he wished his Jonghyun was here, he would have helped knock some sense into Taemin.

Wait; did he just say his Jonghyun?

Key grinned, he could get used to saying that.

“I’m going for a fly.”

Key turned and nodded.

“Don’t go for too long; drink some water or eat something on your way! And come back soon because I need to wash your feathers, just look at the state of your plumages!”

*****

The wind was blowing his hair into all directions; the ground beneath him was unsteady and dirty; the horse was galloping at top speed.

It felt exhilarating and fresh.

But even with the threat of losing his life if he crashed, Minho wasn’t satisfied.

All his life, Minho had looked for adventure and the thrills it gave. However, whatever he did now just seemed so boring.

He wanted something more.

A bigger adventure than anything he had ever experienced.

His wish was about to get granted.

*****

Appa! Do something. I’m bored.”

The girl whined while digging through her chest of jewellery, searching for something pretty.

Appa  is busy right now, go do something yourself.”

She groaned and stood up.

“Forget about killing that stupid swan! Just use your magic or something!”

“For the last time, magic doesn’t work! He is protected no matter what. Once we get rid of him, we can rule the forest properly, have you forgotten?”

“But, it can’t be that hard . . . any human can do it!”

The old man stopped his pacing.

“That’s it,” he whispered.

“What?”

“A human.”

*****

The only good thing about being a swan was the ability to fly, Taemin thought.

It was like you could leave all your burdens behind on the ground while you floated high in the air, forgetting who you are, who you’re supposed to be and what you’re supposed to do.

Lazily, he caught a warm draft and let it carry him to wherever it went.

I should have probably gone to see Taeyeon . . .

Taemin sighed.

He just couldn’t face her, especially after having that nightmare.

Maybe, he should go see the Forest Fairy again.

*****

“A human . . . could easily do the job couldn’t he?”

An evil laugh erupted from the old man.

Finally, that damn swan and the rest of his flock would be dead.

He just needed a good hunter.

“Bring me a list of the people who live in the town.”

“But, appa! I’m tired . . .”

“Do it!”

His daughter pulled herself up and rustled about before shoving a thick book into his face.

Long, wrinkly fingers opened the book and scanned down its pages.

His old, crusted fingernail suddenly stopped under a name. He looked down and grinned happily.

The best hunter would be used to kill that stupid Taemin and his flock.

Prince Choi Minho, eh?

*****

Well . . . a slightly longer chappie! Hope you enjoyed it!

Please review!

Kamsahamnida!