Final

Married to a Magazine Cover
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I always said that it would be an absolute pleasure to marry one of those boys on the magazine covers, the ones who graced the billboards with their ever flawless faces. That even if I was only married to them because of my namesake and I had to, it would surely be okay. That the money and the gorgeous man on my side would be all I needed to ease the "pain" in my heart.  Needless to say, I was always a greedy girl, looks and cash being my two greatest loves, my blood practically made out of dollar bills. That has been my life since the day I was born, a blessing a curse, I'm still not sure.

My father is a high fashion designer and my mother, a quality photographer- two deep wells of money for me. That's all they were for me, to be honest. But please do not call me ruthless or cold hearted. It's cliché to say you don't know me or my story, but it's the truth, you really don't. All they could ever fret about was their business and who was important and whether they knew then. Phone call after phone call, there isn't a single moment when I was with them and that stupid ringtone wasn't heard. Pathetic really, seeing them scrambling to find the source of the noise in a rush to answer their calling clients, they'd do anything for.

However there was one thing they prized more than all the millions of money stashed away in their banks, the apple of their eyes, my brother and their son: Sungjoon. I hate that boy almost more than I hate his parents. His parents. Never mine. Always his. He took them away on endless competitions, day outs and award ceremonies, stealing them away from my life. Summer holidays spent solitary in the house when the other three would venture on exciting travels, whilst all I had was my thousand of toys and my maid who cared for me just as much as my parents.

I suppose that's why I could never learn to appreciate family, a lonely living style left me a materialistic way. The only thing stable in my life was money and beauty and therefore the only things I could rely on. Waking up to an empty mansion everyday for the amounts of years you’ve been alive does bad things to a girl, of course.

So when I found out that I was to be in an arranged marriage, I thought nothing big of it. Of course I’d been in my own relationships, boys who lusted for my body and wealth running after me with haste. The countless amounts of lovers I’d had and the amount of nights I’d had someone in my bed with names that I’d forget when I awoke the following morning would shame any sane and normal girl. But I wasn’t one to care for my image nor my family’s prestige one.

My marriage occurred around the time when I was already of prime age to take over my family’s main income. It was my turn to bring up a cold family that only cared for the money and the perfect image we had always had. Family history had already dictated my future before I could e

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter