Miduyo

Miduyo

When they had officially revealed their relationship, it had been bad –people threatening to leave their respective fandoms, some following through others just throwing undeserved insults most on her.

 

After the announcement of their engagement and consequent wedding, Sooyoung hadn’t dared to go online again, in fact every time the curiosity caught her and she tried, Yunho would distract her with something else. It was subtle but she knew that all he was trying to do was protect her from the backlash she’d already received prior, being that it had only been a little over 2 years since his return from military service and fans probably took it as her stealing him away from them when they had barely had him back. One could say the media blackout was a precautionary measure being that Cassies had been unforgiving of them once upon a time. Not to mention the backlash she’d received even prior to the revelation of their relationship when she was mistakenly linked to both Won Bin and Jung Kyungho –the latter being right on the family name, but wrong on the first name.

 

Their relationship had never been easy given that it had started at a time when they were both intensely busy, while attempting to make their newly changed status work. There was also the added burden of keeping it all under wraps so it wouldn’t affect their careers and those of their members, with Yunho gearing up for military service and her continuing on with her solo, as well as SNSD, activities.

 

She could still remember him saying that if she waited for him during the duration of his service, he would make them official after a dinner with his parents. She hadn’t wanted to believe in him because it would be too good to be true, but he’d began dropping subtle hints to his fans at fanmeets in both Japan and Korea about a possible marriage in the future, assuring her of his seriousness when it came to them.

 

It was terrifying to think about the bubble bursting when they returned from their honeymoon and were bombarded with negativity, where as there in the little island of Zanzibar, they were cocooned from it all.

 

In a few hours they’d be flying back yet, she was restless and unable to sleep. She didn’t think them, him or her fickle, but even a good thing could be sullied by negativity.

 

With a sigh, she slipped out of bed pulling on a robe and padded out to the balcony not wanting to disturb her husband with her worry-induced insomnia, enjoying the sound of waves crashing on the sand and the light breeze blowing to cool the otherwise hot and humid night.

 

“Waegura, yeobo?” Yunho’s husky voice floated into her ear, stirring her out of her contemplation. “I can hear you even in my dreams,” asking through a yawn. She wasn’t surprised he knew her well enough to be aware of her emotions.

 

Only when she managed to pull a smile on her lips, did she turn to face him. “Jameul mothaeyo (I can’t sleep),” even if it was due to her worrying, she didn’t express it.

 

He was skeptical, she didn’t blame him. Lying wasn’t a strong suit of hers, especially with him. But he didn’t seem to want to confront her on it, taking a seat on the large wicker chair. “Kawa,” he called out to her, holding out a hand to her as persuasion.

 

It was hard to refuse him, because she always felt reassured in his arms. Slipping easily onto his lap, legs draped over one of the arm rests, his hand settling on her knee. “Geojimal hajima, Sooyoung-ah (Don’t lie to me, Sooyoung-ah),” eyes imploring for the truth.

 

To distract herself, she threaded her fingers through his sleep-disheveled hair brushing it back. “I’m just going to miss it here.” It wasn’t home, and her family and friends weren’t around but, they could walk around freely without Dispatch snapping a photo to stir up their fanbases and scrutiny. There was also no negativity to rain in on their parade –she would miss it. “It was nice not having everything we do under a microscope.” She didn’t have people questioning her about her worthiness to be with Yunho, about not being on his level and aiming too high. All that should have mattered was their parents and their friends support and approval, but she didn’t want to be viewed as greedy or selfish for simply loving and marrying her husband, even if he was TVXQ’s U-Know Yunho.

 

“It’s going to be hard for us with the public when we get back, but miduyo… if we focus on us and not let them affect what we have, we’ll be fine,” he told her, cupping her jaw so she wouldn’t look away. “We could barely see each other when we were dating, but we were one of the few that survived a long distance relationship. We came through my military service still together so if we can do that, why can’t we survive words by people who don’t know about us?”

 

“Arrayo,” he was telling her things she already knew, but she still didn’t like it. “I do not doubt you, us, myself or anything. I just … I wish it was easier,” tucking her head on the crook of his neck and shoulder, feeling comforted by his scent and warmth as her fingers entwined with his.

 

“I do too,” he spoke against her hair, holding her closer.

 

--~*+*~-:-o-:-~*+*~--

 

The flight had been a long one with the connections they had to make –one hour from Zanzibar to Nairobi, with a lay over there of 5 hours before getting a direct 15 hour flight to Incheon. Hands held and fingers entwined the entire flight as they reminisced about their time on the East African Island, not thinking or talking about what awaited them on their return.

 

Their managers were the ones to receive them at the airport, with welcoming smiles and words of congratulations even though it was clear that they should expect the worst. If things were settled, then they would have been walking out of the airport without their managers. It was when they were going through immigration that she’d steeled herself to deal with whatever came.

 

Just as they were about to leave baggage claim through the electronic doors, Yunho pulled her to the side. “Oppa…” She sounded in confusion.

 

Without a word, he slipped off his sunglasses and slipped them on her. He then tucked earphones into her ears, flipping through his phone before finding the appropriate song and pressed play. It became clear what he was trying to do and her heart raced. It was a small gesture, but it meant a lot more to her. He was shielding her from what may lay behind the electronic doors, and as much as she wanted to be stubborn about being able to protect herself, she relented. It was nice to know she could be taken care of too. He didn’t drag her along after either, instead he offered her the option of holding his hand should she want to as they faced the world together. She didn’t hesitate slipping her hand in his, giving him a genuine smile as they walked out together behind their managers to clicks and flashes of both media and fan cameras.

 

[I don’t understand what the problem is, they were honest and they are adults. Are they not allowed to get married?]

 

(Even as a SNSD fan, I don’t understand why he chose her)

 

[Oppa deserves to be happy, chukahae^^]

 

(She’s tried kekeke. First was Won Bin, then Jung Kyungho and now Jung Yunho. Greedy for a higher level, eh)

 

[Sooyoung unnie, even though it’s hard to know you’re married now, you deserve happiness T.T]

 

(SNSD is a nine member group, yet you only think of yourself. Yunho-hyung, abandoning your dongsaeng after he stuck by you for ten years. Aish, so pitiful these two.)

 

[Did people honestly think they would stay single forever? Selfish, greedy… Let them live their lives, and stop acting stupid. Yunho, Sooyoung hwaiting!]

 

Midnight had certainly arrived on her fairytale, but she still had her desired ending. It wasn’t ideal with the hate raining in, and it was likely they would face more problems and struggles in future from outside as well as common couple disagreements, but she realized that a happy ever after was what you made it and as long as they face it together and believed in each other they could definitely have it.

 

Miduyo, she thought, squeezing his hand and offering him a smile.

 

--~*+*~-:-The End-:-~*+*~--

 

Please take the time to comment, subscribe or up vote if you like the story. Thank you for giving it a read.

 

The plotline and story is mine. Please do not repost, copy, translate anywhere without consent and plagiarism is a bad thing.