Chapter 2

The Land of Jechare

    The rest of the members poked their heads out. “What?” They said in unison. They all knew for a fact that Hansol was the only blue in the world.

“I felt the tingling. He’s a blue,” Hansol shrugged. “Wah, really?” Hyunho hopped up, approaching the stranger. He scanned his eyes. “Yah! This dude is a silver!” Hyunho coldly pushed the stranger down to the ground, catching Hansol’s attention.

“Ya, ya, ya! This kid is a blue, watch,” Hansol picked up one rock, which was a demon, and then another rock, which wasn’t a demon. He held them up to the stranger’s face. “Which one is the demon?” Hansol asked.

The stranger simply pointed to the left one. “That one, of course.”

Hansol dropped the left rock to the ground and stomped on it tastelessly. The rock turned into thin air with a loud shriek.

“See?” Hansol put his hands around his hips. “He’s a blue.”

Hyunho lifted a brow. “Then why are his eyes silver?”

Hansol looked the stranger in the eyes again. His eye color was silver, but there were blue streaks here and there. “Ahh ~ He’s a silver AND a blue. He’s more of a silver, though…”

“That means he’s weak, right?” Yooncheol cocked his head to the side in confusion. A few other members nodded, wondering the same question.

“Yep,” Hansol answered matter-of-factly. He turned to the stranger. “What’s your name?”

“Byungjoo. Kim Byungjoo.”

Sehyuk stood up from the ground. “Hansol, you have to take care of Byungjoo. Protects him. If he gets harmed, it’s all your fault…”

“Yeah. If Byungjoo has a cut in his lip, he dies. But with you, Hansol< if you get stabbed in the stomach or something, you’re fine,” Taeyang said.

Sehyuk nodded. “Alright, let’s get moving,” he started to walk, the other members tagging along.

Hansol held onto Byungjoo’s wrist, making sure he didn’t get hurt in any way. “So where’d you come from?” He asked, kicking a demon rock. Byungjoo winced at the loud squeal of the demon. “The Tevvamit and Attimight made me in a lab. They took DNA from one of the Tevvamit members and some DNA from you to make me.”

Hansol stopped walking. “So that means you’re me?”

Byungjoo shook his head. “No, no. They did some stuff to your DNA. Once they were done with their experiment, they saw their finishing product, me. They grimaced and said I was a piece of … Apparently, they messed up on their experiment. They threw me out and here I am.” He took his arm out of Hansol’s grip and rubbed it while looking at the ground sorrowfully.

“Ya,” Hansol puckered his eyebrows. He snatched Byungjoo’s arm again, but this time a little harshly. He was aware that the other gets easily hurt, but this made him furious. “I know I just met you, but I can already tell that you’re not a piece of . You’re good looking, you’re smart, you’re a blue. You’re everything a person would want to be. You’re perfect, Byungjoo. Don’t change. Ever.” Hansol pulled his arm and they started to walk again. Byungjoo was frowning on the outside, but on the inside, it was exploding rainbows and there were rays of sunshine everywhere. ‘You’re not a piece of … You’re perfect…” The words replayed in his mind. His stomach suddenly growled, making Hansol concerned.

“Are you hungry?” He let go of the other’s arm and started to rummage in the pocket of his backpack, looking for food.

Byungjoo hasn’t eaten in three days. He didn’t want to say he was hungry because the food Hansol was about to give him could be given to a more important person instead of him, the rejected guinea pig. “No, no… No need for that… I don’t need food, seriously!” Byungjoo shook his head, eyes wide.

Hansol rolled his eyes, taking out a tablet. He chucked it to the other before gripping on his arm again. “This is your food. This is all of our food. You should feel full after eating it, and you should feel a lot more strong and healthy.”

Byungjoo tossed the tablet into his mouth. It tasted like.. meat. Juicy, tender, meat. He loves meat, though, so he doesn’t have a problem with it. He slid it around the pallet of his mouth, making it dissolve. Just as Hansol said, his stomach felt stuffed. He glided his tongue over his teeth and glanced over at Hansol.

Hansol was stepping on demons, mumbling stuff, and squeezing his arm every now and then. It was silent, and Byungjoo hated silence. “So … how old are you?” He asked, also killing a demon. They slightly winced.

“21 years old. How about you?” Hansol looked at the other, who was killing demons just like him.

“When I was created, I was apparently supposed to be 20 years old. So, I’m 20 years old, I guess,” Byungjoo replied before looking up, noticing how far away the rest of the clan was. He started to power walk, pulling Hansol behind him. “Hurry up, Slug! They’re all the way up there!” He pointed to the rest of the group. The elder went slower, making the younger pout. “C’mon ~ We might lose them ~”

Hansol held in a chuckle and started to match his pace with Byungjoo. This kid was too cute! “Ya, ya! Slow down, I don’t want you to trip and fall and break your legs or something…”

“Aish, hyung! I’m not going to break my legs… I’ll be fine…” Byungjoo chuckled. “Seriously, we need to hurry!” He pulled Hansol behind him again, stepping on demons while he was at it.

The elder hurried and soon they caught up to the group.

Sehyuk shifted his gaze behind him. He stopped walking, waiting for Byungjoo and Hansol to be right beside him. “Where were you guys?” He inquired, lifting a brow.

The two boys awkwardly scratched their necks, saying that they were walking too slow.

“Well, we have to hurry and set up our tents, its getting dark,” The leader jogged back to the front, soon stopping at a shallow crater in the ground.

“This would be a good place to camp out,” Yooncheol said. Half of the members took their backpacks off and got out the tents. They started to set them up.

Sehyuk scanned the crater, counting the members. “Okay,” He hollered. “Hansol and Byungjoo, go to a tent, Hyosang and Taeyang, go to a tent, Hyunho and Sangwon, go to a tent, Sangdo and Yooncheol, go pick a tent. Save a tent just for me!” The members scurried inside their tents, zipping them up and getting ready to sleep. The leader still stood outside, making sure everyone got into their places.

“And don’t forget,” Sehyuk shouted once more. “Wake up EARLY. We have some business to take care of.” He went into his tent and got ready to sleep.

Soon, most of the members drifted off to sleep, but not two people; Hansol and Byungjoo.

“Yuck!” Hansol rumpled up his nose, causing Byungjoo to lift a brow. “You need some new clothes, Stink Bug!” The younger gasped and lifted a brow, pushing his hyung. “don’t call me Stink Bug, Slug!”

“Aish, don’t hit your hyung like that! And don’t call me Slug…” The elder crossed his arms. “You’re lucky I can’t slap you…” He expected Byungjoo to go up in his face, stick out his tongue, and laugh, but all the younger did was sit there and stare blankly at the ground.

After a moment of silence, Hansol opened up his mouth to ask him why he just randomly had a blank expression, but Byungjoo interrupted him.

“Why would you want to slap me?” The younger asked, puckering his eyebrows. He tried to make a sad/mad face but all he ended up doing was laughing. Hansol looked weirdly at the other, punching him slightly on the shoulder. “But seriously… You need to change your clothes,” He looked around the tent, gathering a few pieces of clothing. “You also need to tone down on all of that clothing… What if you get a cut and I don’t know? I can’t see it, so you’ll just die and we’ll be confused,” The elder tossed a bulletproof vest at the other. “Byungjooie, take off your shirt and put that on…”

    The younger widened his eyes, a light shade of pink creeping on his cheeks. “M-me?”

    Hansol let out a sigh and rolled his eyes. “Yes you, now hurry up so we can get some rest…”

    “Sheesh..” Byungjoo did as he was told. He threw his shirt at Hansol’s face, making him gag and throw it back to the younger.

    “Psh, how can I stand this kid?” The elder muttered to himself, holding in his smile. “Now slip on this thin shirt over the vest,” He handed the younger a shredded white top. “Take off the rest of your clothes and slide on those pants,” Hansol pointed to a fresh pair of pants by his bag. He turned around, knowing that Byungjoo would complain about him looking at him while changing his clothes.

    “Done,” The younger said, Hansol turning around.

    “Okay, now go to sleep… Goodnight..” The elder fell back on the floor of the tent, covering himself with the warm blanket.

    “Goodnight…” The younger copied what his hyung did, covering himself in the warm blanket, too. He looked up, staring at the moonlit sky through the top of the tent. Hansol started to mutter, ‘Hurry up and go to sleep...’ so Byungjoo decided to sleep.

    They have work to do.

 

~~~~~

AN: Sorry for the late updates ^-^;;

At least I updated today, right?

Thanks for subscribing and leave pretty comments, please ouo (They make me happy c:)

Happy New Years!

Uhm, meet you in the next chapter c:

(This is such a short chapter, sorry ;A;)