Anamnesis

Anamnesis

Vacation? Sehun thought of sleeping all day instead. He wants a rest from all the action, not a beach vacation. “Can’t we just stay here and rest?” Baekhyun asked, distraught evident all over his face. With his usual smiling face, Suho flashed him a meaningful look in return. “Well, if you want to stay here, you can. We’re going with the sunbaes.” Everyone’s face lighted up and Baekhyun almost kissed the leader. “I’m going to pack my bags ASAP!”

“Come on Sehun. Why so dopey?” Luhan asked while placing his clothes inside his luggage. “Aren’t you supposed to be happy?” The younger looked scandalized and he quickly defended himself. “What are you trying to say here, Hyung.” It was more than a statement than a question, Luhan noted. “I wasn’t implying anything. I swear.” And with that, Luhan left the room giggling by himself.

“Sehunnie, do I look okay?” Baekhyun, unable to control his feels, is unusually conscious about himself today. “You look like the usual you.” Sehun replied with a not-so-excited face. Honestly, Sehun actually felt nervous and jittery inside. This is their first vacation together with the sunbaes and he feels a lump inside his throat. “Sehun looks sick.” Luhan inquired with full concern but threw suggestive looks to the youngest. “Whatever you say,” were the only words Sehun could throw back to the older teasing him.

“The babies are here!” Ryeowook shouted and welcomed exo with hugs. “Relax here, okay? No pressure.” No pressure rang inside Sehun’s head as the Soshi Noonas went their way and bowed to them. He recognized the black hair at the farthest back. Seems likes she’s not so excited to see us. Sehun thought to himself but as soon as Taeyeon went across him, she pinched his cheeks. “Look who’s here! SM’s baby boy!” She said and pulled him towards the cottage the Girls’ Generation members’ shared. “Give Sehun some spicy rice cakes. he likes those.” Sehun took a glance somewhere behind his back and she’s there, talking to Luhan. “hmmp favourite” Sehun said his thoughts a little too loud for Taeyeon to hear it. “What did you say?” The older asked and Sehun processed his reply. “Ahm, rice cakes! Rice cakes are my favourite!”

After a few minutes of chatting with Taeyeon, Sehun scanned the surroundings and saw someone’s sad puppy eyes looking at the direction. He saw Baekhyun staring at him with his envious eyes so he called the older immediately. “Baekhyun Hyung, try these!” And his Hyung walked to him like an excited Maltese.

Just few moments later, Taeyeon and Baekhyun got engaged in a deep conversation about dogs so Sehun thought that was the perfect moment to excuse himself until he bumped to a lady clad in pink dress. “Oh sorry, Sehun” She looked cute while embarrassed, he noted. Wait? Since when did she become embarrassed in front of him? She rarely gets shy and that’s when Sehun realized the growing gap between them. “Oh, I wasn’t able to congratulate you personally for the Triple Crown you got for your promotion. Congratulations Sehun!!” She chirped and patted his shoulders. “T-thanks.” No, no. Sehun didn’t just stutter. Tiffany laughed at him. “Aww. We both feel awkward. Don’t we?” she giggled again, more comfortable than the first. “You look so manly and mature now. What could I say? You look different that the little kid I treat on bubble tea stalls before, Sehun-ah.” Sehun felt needles pricking his chest at the statement. He still feels exactly like the kid being doted on and treated bubble tea on a regular basis. “I’m still me, Tiffany Noona.” He took note of the larger height gap between them now. Time is unbelievably fast, he thought. “Look, I’m even having a hard time ruffling your hair now,” she tried reaching his hair, “, and it’s not even black any-“ Tiffany stopped her words when Sehun bended a little for her to reach him and smiled. “You’re still a good kid, I see. Sehun couldn’t see how wide he smiled but he knows it’s the biggest smile he had for weeks. “Yeah, I’m still a kid.” She nodded and grabbed his forearm lightly. She directed him to the shore. “The industry is taking away the innocent little Sehun from me,” She paused and inhaled the breeze of the ocean. Sehun, with his mind still on cloud nine, took every picture of her as she inhaled and said those words thoughtfully. “Reminisce your childhood in this soothing place. You are still young, Sehun-ah.” Not too young for you, Sehun thought as Tiffany turned around to face him. Sehun was about to say something like ‘I missed you’ but she halted him with a finger on his lips. “Don’t say anything and just forget that the lime lights will soon be splayed on you again.” He said nothing else and stared at the lady who stayed with him through the hard times during his younger days. I’ll never forget this moment, Sehun said to himself as he smiled and held Tiffany’s thin fingers like how he used to.

Luhan, witnessing the whole scene, felt really happy for the youngest. “What’s with Sehun and Tiffany Noona?” Jongin asked while staring wide-eyed at the scene in the shore flashed before them. “Shhh. He needs to feel young again.”


-purely fic vomit