Come Home To Me

Breathing Spaces

*Photo not mine. Credit belongs to the owner.*

 

I walked inside the house and closed the door behind me. God! This day is really one of the worse days of my life. My students gave me a hard time in Physics class and I saw a post in Facebook that triggered bad memories. Oh, universe! A girl can only handle so much!

I went to the kitchen to get a glass of water. Thank God the water is cold. I chugged the water down and sighed. I can feel the tearducts squeezing the tears out of my eyes. I refuse to cry, but the heaviness of my chest is compelling me to. My hands found my face, the heat of my tears fought against the temperature of my clammy hands.

"Baby?" Luhan came hugging me from behind. "Are you crying?" His arms wrapped around my waist and his head rested on my shoulders.

I wiped my tears with my hands and looked at Luhan. "What wrong, Baby?" I took in another ounce of air in my lungs, so I could speak without cracking in the middle of my sentences.

"It's about work. Nothing I can't handle, but it's just too stressful." I sighed again as tears flow down further from my eyes.

Luhan turned me to face him. One hand at my back and the other wiping my tears. He pushed his face near mine. His breathing was deep, but even. His ability to calm my nerves still amazed me, even if we have been together for many years now. It made me smile a bit.

"Hmm... you're smiling now and yet I haven't done anything." He huffed while saying that.

I sniffed so I can speak clearly, "You have that effect on me, you know." He pushed his forehead towards mine, our lips were just inches apart from each other.

"Does this make you feel okay?" He rocked me slowly. I nodded and smiled a big one for him.

His mere touch, let alone his presence, made me feel more than okay... more than better. Luhan loves me, even if I'm a big cry baby, even if my eyes are too puffy when I cry, even if I'm too upset because of stuff. HE. LOVES. ME.

His lips found mine. A wave of peace and serenity filled me as his soft lips found mine. He was very gentle; his kiss was slow. It made me feel secure.

When we broke off from our kiss, he cupped my face and said, "If you ever feel this way again, just come home to me and I will take it all away." He was looking at me very intently, assuring that all his words, his promises were all true - a sweet honesty singing to my heart.

"I love you." I said.

"I love you more." He planted a peck on my lips and we both smiled knowing that as long as we have each other, everything will be better.

 

 

----------

A/N: I wrote this one after a very bad day at work. When I was done with it, all the bad vibes went away. Hope it will have the same effect on you as a reader. Enjoy reading! :)