Bad Dreams, Go Away. Good Dreams, Here To Stay.

Breathing Spaces

*The photo is not my own. Crediting the person who owns it.*

 

He was walking under the rain. His shirt and his hair were dripping wet. I saw him shivering under the cold weather. Even if his back was turned to me, I know with all my heart that it was him. And I can sense that he's waiting for someone to rescue him from the rain.

I wanted to run to him and give him an umbrella and wipe his glorious face, but for some odd reason, I couldn't move. It felt like my feet was stuck to where I'm standing.

"Luhan!" I called, but I think he didn't hear me. Maybe it made my voice inaudible because of the hard rain.

So I gathered enough air and screamed the name of my husband again, "LUHAN!"

He turned to me. The sad expression of his eyes were very visible despite the heavy downpour. But when he saw who was calling to him, he smiled as if he was just waiting for that person to find him.

I tried taking a step, but the ground didn't permit me. Fighting off my glued feet hurt my knees and my legs. I tried and tried again, but I couldn't get myself to move forward. Something was stopping me from getting to where he was standing.

"LUHAN, I'M STUCK!" I shouted with all my might, but he was just looking at me, smiling, like seeing me is already enough. I tried to wrestle with the ground, but I failed still.

"I'm going to come and get you, okay ju-"

Suddenly, a very cold breeze swooped my side. I couldn't make the image, but I knew it was someone... A girl with long hair. She was petite and was rushing towards my Luhan with an umbrella.

"Luhan!" The faceless girl called. I saw him look at her and he smiled at her as if she was the one he was waiting for.

I tried to fight the ground again, but the more I did, the more I couldn't move. When I saw her wiping my husband's face, I struggled and got all my might to get to him, but I couldn't.

The rain was still pouring, but I can hear their simple exchange of words. How odd!

"I've been waiting for you." Luhan said with a delight on his face.

"Sorry, it took so long." The girl replied. I swear I can hear her smiling as well.

They were sharing an umbrella, while the girl continued to wipe his face.

"LUHAAAAAN!" I had to try again to get his attention.

"IT'S ME! LOOK AT ME!"

Nothing happened. It was as if I wasn't even there.

He touched her face, slowly wiping her damp face with his hands. "Thank you for coming to get me." He told her.

"Of course! How can I not be here?" She said with an obvious happiness in her tone.

"I told you that I will always be here when you need me. Through times of joy and times of need, remember?" I was stunned with her declaration. My heart started to pound because I know something is definitely wrong in what's going on.

"I vowed to be with you, until my last breath. I am your sunshine, your moon and stars. I vowed to take care of you in sickness and in health. I vowed to love you for all eternity."

The hammering of my heart became audible every second. How can she know my wedding vows to my husband? I struggled and wrestled the ground more. My whole body hurt when I tried to fight.

"Luhan!" Tears fell down from my eyes because I couldn't do anything but to watch him with that girl. He was holding her face like how he held mine on our wedding day. The faceless girl was happy. Her aura exuded all over the place.

"Thank you." He said. He was nearing his face to hers and saw her tiptoeing to reach his.

I called him again. This time, my lungs hurt a lot for screaming. "LUHAN! IT'S ME! LOOK AT ME!"

Their lips were about to touch when I tried again to scream his name just so he can notice I was there. "LUUUUUHAAAAAAN! NOOOOOOO! I'M HERE! JUST LOOK AT ME!"

My struggle with the ground became worse. I suddenly felt the ground motioning to what looked like a quicksand. I was slowly sinking as I tried to get to him. My legs became more stuck to it and my upper body hurt like hell. He was about to kiss her and I had to stop it.

"LUUUUHAAAAAAAAAAAN!"

He stopped and turned his face to look at me as I struggle to get my body up to a stable surface. The girl turned to me too, but I couldn't give an image to her face. Is she someone I've met before? That I don't really know.

He just smiled at me as my body continuously got eaten up by the quicksand. It was like he was under a spell. I felt betrayed, alone, and angry.

When he finally looked at the girl again, he pushed his lips to meet hers. It was hurtful... cruel. The feeling in my chest became heavier and heavier as I sank helplessly.

The quicksand squished my body, taking all the air out of my lungs. It was agonizing physically and emotionally. Everything went silent afterwards and all I could see was my husband kissing another woman.

 

*******************

 

I woke up screaming. I was panting and drenched in my own sweat. I was in shock.

Luhan opened the side lamp to see what was going on. "Baby? Baby, what's wrong?"

Hot tears fell down from my face involuntarily. I couldn't look at him because I was so scared to know if what I just saw was really the cruel reality. Can Luhan really do that to me? I didn't want to believe it, but it felt so real.

"I- I just- I can't..." I couldn't explain it to him because I was gasping for air as I was crying really hard. I was still in panic. The paranoia in my head, the heavy feeling in my chest and the hug boulder-like choke in my throat were not helping me to recover from that weird dream. Dagnabit! It was just a dream! It was just a very bad dream, right? I know it was just a dream.

"Shhhh... It's okay, Baby. I'm here. No one's going to hurt you." He took me in his arms and hugged me tight. He was patting my head to calm me down. I cried harder as I bury my face to his chest.

After a very long while, I found the control to stop my tears and make my breathing even. God! That dream was really cruel.

Luhan was still embracing me. "Bad dream?" He asked. His tone sounded really careful, but comforting. I nodded in reply.

"Do you want to tell me about it?"

I shook my head because I didn't want to replay the scene in my head anymore.

"Okay, Baby. Okay. Ssshhh... Don't cry. I'm here." He kissed my hair several times. Ikept my face to his chest and inhaled his scent... Soap suds - a totally different scent from the one in my dream.

After a few moments, I started to speak and tell him about what I saw in the dream. I told him about the rain and how it smelled really gloomy for me; he knew how rain makes me feel. I also told him that there was a girl, but I tried not go be very detailed about it. He asked me if I recognized her, I said no. I concentrated on telling him how painful it felt to see him with someone else, while I was drowning to my own quicksand.

I couldn't stop talking and crying. I was losing control again, until he cupped my face and he looked into my eyes.

"I will never do that to you. You are the only woman for me and you will forever be my _____. You are mine and I am yours, okay? I love you, _____. I know you know that, but if I have to repeat it over and over just to pull you away from this bad dream, I will. I am yours no matter what. I vowed that to you, remember?"

His face looked so angelic even under the dim yellow light. His eyes sparkled with his love and promises to me. I smiled with that sight.

I nodded, but the tears were still falling from my eyes. He just hugged me until I felt better. He started humming the lullaby he was writing for me the other day. He never let me go until I assured him I felt better.

It dawned on me that Luhan will never ever be with another woman. That I am his one true love and that he will never replace me in his life.

"No matter how many crazy "good-looking" fangirls trying to get me, I am still yours." He dangled his ring finger with our wedding band in front of me. "I married you because I love you and nothing can ever change that... Yeah, not even a crazy lady with an umbrella while I'm drenched under the rain." I think I heard him laugh a bit. "I would wait for you even if I had to wait in the cold snow or in any season you can name."

He kissed my hair again and whispered, "I love you" before my eyelids became heavy again.

"Sweet dreams, my little _____. I will wait for you there in your happy dreams."

 

 

----------

A/N: This fic was inspired by a conversation between me, N, and D. We were having coffee when I read a rumor in Tumblr that Luhan has a girlfriend in the Philippines. D jokingly said it was her and it really broke my heart. TT So when I got home at around 3 in the morning, I typed this drabble because I couldn't get it out of my head. If you're asking who the faceless girl is... well, you can just make a guess *points at D* Hahahaha

 

Enjoy reading! :)