Chapter 1

How Could You?

“Chanyeol-ssi, I’m so happy we’re finally an official couple,” the little blonde murmured into my side as we cuddled on the couch. I smiled and Baekhyun’s hair. “I’m glad too. It took way too long for us to muster the courage to tell everyone, right?” I replied. Baekhyun nodded his head in agreement. “It was really hard to hide our dates form the others, and they would always look at us funny when we were reading those fanfictions together.” I laughed. “I know right? Remember how everyone looked at us funny when we were reading 10080? God, that was such a good story.” Baekhyun looked up at me sharply and pouted. “But you cheated on me. And I died!” he exclaimed. I grimaced in return. “But so did I, in the sequel remember? And we ended up living happily ever after in heaven!”

“Yeah I guess so.” Baekhyun mumbled as he relaxed back into my arms. A few seconds later he jumped back up. “We just have to make sure that never happens! Chanyeol-ssi, promise you’ll never cheat on me with Kyungsoo, Chen, or any of the other members got it?” I tilted my head back with laughter before I laced my hand into his and squeezed it.  “Never.”

~Two weeks later~
I stared down in shock at the pictures placed in front of me on the table. All seventy-five of them. The two of them holding hands together. The two of them laughing and sharing food. Even the two of them sharing a quick kiss, as if they didn’t have a care in the world. Baekhyun and Chen, together, dating behind my back, only to be betrayed by the fantaken pictures sent to me from a concerned fan. For the past two weeks, Baekhyun told me he and Chen were going to practice at the studio for the upcoming album. For two weeks, Baekhyun would tell me he loved me and give me a kiss before heading out with Chen, to do god knows what. I shuddered and glanced at the clock. 1 o’clock am. They should be arriving home now, just like they normally did. Everyone else is asleep, and normally I would too, but not this time. Just then, the door opened and Baekhyun and Chen walked in, hand in hand, only to stop abruptly when they saw me sitting at the table. I numbly got up and approached the two of them, their hands still entwined. “Why?” The words came out strangled. “Is this why you told me not to cheat on you with Chen or anyone else? So you can? I thought you loved me.”

“Chanyeol, I can explain,” Baekhyun began. “Save it!” I snapped, tears b in my eyes. “I loved you! I trusted you! I would do anything for you!”
I saw Chen’s grip tighten on Baekhyun’s hand. “C’mon Baekhyun, let’s leave.” He turned around and started to drag Baekhyun out with him until I reached out and snatched Baekhyun’s other hand.
“How could you?” I whispered.