Chapter 6

While the Camera's Are Off

 

Chapter 6

 

            Kai and Chen got in their clubbing cloths and got their wallets together.

            “You have ’s right?” said Suho in his overprotective leader voice.

            “Jesus Christ!” said Chen, “for the 10th time, yes!”

            “Kai?” questioned Suho.

            “I’m not having with Haelee on the first date…”

            “Take some anyways,” said Kris, “you never know what might happen.”

            “I’ve got some in the glove box of my car anyways, it’s not a big deal if Jongin has them on him or not,” said Chen.

            “Have fun,” said Sehun, “don’t run into any sasaengs!”

            “We’ll try not to,” responded Kai.

            “Its 7:30, time to go!” said Chen, overly excited.

            The two boys left the dorm and headed towards the girls’ homes.

           

            The first to be picked up was Elena.  Chen acted like a perfect gentleman the entire time Elena’s father watched the two of them, but as soon as her father retreated back into his house, the two of them began to face in the front seats of Chen’s car.

            Kai sat in the backseat awkwardly until they were done and they left for Haelee’s parents’ house.

            Kai walked up to the front door and knocked.  Haelee answered the door and said, “Hey Jongin, ready to go?”

            “Yeah, you look great,” she was wearing a tight black strapless dress that reached the middle of her thighs, and her hair was curled and pinned to the side.

            “Thanks,” she blushed.

           

            The four of them arrived at the club and showed the bouncer their ID’s and entered the building.  The music was loud and the lights were flashing.

            “Kai, that booth is open,” said Chen leading them all across the room.

            They all took their seats around the table and ordered their drinks.

            “Jongin, you can’t-” started Chen.

            “I’ll be fine.”

            Kai wasn’t supposed to drink alcohol while he was taking his medication, it halted the treatment, but he did it anyways sometimes.

            Haelee looked at him questioningly, but Kai shrugged it off.

            After they had all finished their drinks, Chen and Kai led their ladies to the dance floor.

            Just as Kyungsoo predicted, Jongdae and Elena couldn’t keep their hands off of each other and just kept grinding the whole night.

            Kai, on the other hand, had a little more class and acted like a true gentleman with his date.  They kept an appropriate distance from each other while they danced.

            “What’s it like being an idol?” Haelee leaned up to Kai’s ear to ask.

            “It’s a lot of work,” he said in her ear, “we hardly ever get days off, but we get to travel all the time and meet lots of cool people.”

            “I think that sounds like fun,” she smiled.

            “Most of the time it is,” he smiled back.

            They four of them continued to dance until they were completely exhausted and they needed to take a seat back at their booth and get some water.

            “How long have you two been together?” Haelee asked the couple that couldn’t take their mouths off of each other.

            Elena pulled away from Chen and answered, “Almost a year.”

            They went right back to kissing.

            “They’re disgusting,” said Kai.

            “They’re in love, I don’t blame them for not wanting to take their hands of each other, especially if you’re as busy as you said.”

            “Yeah, I guess…”

            Kai and Haelee spent the rest of the night trying to get to know each other.  And with what Kai knew so far, she was amazing.  And she thought the same about him.

            “What do your sister’s do?” she asked.

            “Hana’s a special education teacher at Seoul Middle school and EunMi’s a lawyer.  Do you have any siblings?”

            “I have a younger sister in high school, she’s on love with Exo, just like every other teenage girl in Korea right now.”

            Kai laughed, “Oh yeah, you told me that.  She like’s Baekhyun, right?”

            “Yeah, when I told her I met you guys she freaked out.  And when I told her that I was going on a date with you, she just about died.”

            They continued to talk about their lives until it was almost midnight.

            “Jongin, we gotta get these lovely ladies home,” said Chen.

            “Yeah, let’s go.”

           

            First, they dropped of Haelee.  Kai walked her to the front door.

            “I had a lot of fun tonight,” she said with a smile on her face.

            “Yeah, me too.”

            Kai gently kissed her goodnight and waited until she was safely inside to go back to the car.

            While dropping off Elena, Kai returned to his original place in the front passenger seat while Chen made out with his girlfriend on the front step until her father came out and told her it was time to come inside.

            “You’re not staying over?” Kai asked when Chen returned to the driver’s seat.

            “Nah, it’s my turn to stay up with you when you get sick tonight.”

            “I feel fine…”

            “For now you do.  I can’t believe you drank tonight.  You know how bad it is to mix your medication with alcohol.”

            “I’ll be okay.  It wasn’t that much anyways…”

            “Stop being so stubborn.  If you’re not supposed to do something, you shouldn’t do it.”

            “Jongdae, seriously, I drank the same thing as you, if you’re unaffected and okay to drive, so am I.”

            “Whatever Jongin.”

 

            Back at home, almost everybody was still awake.  Chanyeol and Baekhyun had finally finished catching up on Supernatural and now everyone was watching a movie.

            “How was your date?” asked Luhan.

            “It was fun until Jongdae started lecturing me in the car…”

            “Why?  What did you do?” asked Suho.

            “He drank,” said Chen.

            “Jongin, you know you’re not supposed to do that!” Scolded their leader.

            “Its fine, it was one drink, nothing is going to happen,” said Kai.

            “We’re just concerned about you Jongin, no need to get defensive,” Baekhyun added without taking his eyes off the screen.

            “With Kai’s bad decisions aside,” said Chanyeol, “have you started to feel sick at all?”

            “Not yet…I probably will be by the time I wake up tomorrow morning…”

            “Well we called the manager and told him that we need to postpone the comeback another week or so for you to get better,” mentioned Suho

            “You didn’t need to do that.”

            “Yes we did, if we cameback without you, it would be a disaster, your our lead dancer and front man, everything would without you,” said Tao.

            “Thanks I guess…”  Kai stood up from the couch and left the room, “I’m going to bed…”

            “Night,” they all called after him.

           

            The next morning Kai woke up feeling sick to his stomach, just like he knew he would.  He dragged himself out of bed and into the bathroom to sit in front of the toilet.

            He hadn’t eaten anything since lunch the day before so there was nothing in his stomach to empty out.  What came out was just water.

            There was a knock at the door, “Jongin, are you okay?”  Kyungsoo.

            “I will be,” he called back.

            “Just let me know if you need anything.”

            Kai continued to empty what little he had in his stomach into the toilet until it was just dry heaving.

            He rinsed his mouth out and went to the living room where everybody was already awake.

            “Jongin, what are you doing out of bed?” asked Luhan, “You need your rest.”

            “There’s nothing to do in my room…the TV’s out here…”

            He laid himself on the couch and curled up in a ball.

            “I’ll go get your blanket for you,” said Kyungsoo.

            “Thanks,” he replied quietly.

            “Can we get you anything?” asked Lay.

            “No, I’m fine.”

            “I’ll get you some water,” said Chanyeol.

            “A puke bucket too please…”

            Kyungsoo returned from their room with the blanket from Kai’s bed and draped it over his friend.

            “Do you want me to call your sister?”

            “No, she has to work today…”

            “What does he need Hanna for?” asked Chanyeol when he came into the living room with a glass of water and a bowl for puking, “he’s got all of us to take care of him.”

            “I’ll be fine, just leave me to die,” Kai attempted to joke.

            “Just rest for the day, okay?” said Suho.

            “Yeah, I will.  Can somebody get me my phone please?  I need to entertain myself somehow.”

            “Yeah,” said Xiumin from the kitchen.

            Kai spent the day watching TV, puking, playing on his phone, puking again, sleeping because of his head ache, and puking some more.

            “I hate this…” he said raising his head from the toilet for the 5th time that day.

            “I know,” said Chen from the door, “but once it’s over, your medication will keep you from seeing and hearing all that bad stuff.”

            “I know…” Kai lowered his head against the cold porcelain and groaned.  This was going to be a long day.

 

A/N: kind of a lame chapter....comment, subscribe, upvote!