I owe you

Its all about arrogance

My what ?

   My dad is coming here tonight. Well I am excited to see him but it reminds me of my heritage. I’m the most powerful mafia godfathers daughter, also known as L’asso cause he was the ace to pretty much every sector. I prepared our house with my cousin, as the door knocked. He walked in his usual “I’m the boss” way, his was dressed in black Armani clothes and  white gold rings covered his fingers. He had eye bags and a big scar on his cheek indicating his nature. Masculinity was an underestimation in his case.

“Mi principessa” He said as he opened his arms and gave me a peck on the cheek. His two bodyguards followed at the back and this tall handsome guy I’ve never seen before. He smirked at me as I looked down in embarrassment.

After a delicious meal and Min blabbing about me being amazingly great in school my dad said he wanted to announce something to me. “ Gianna, next year you will be 18 and I want to make sure that our line continues. I don’t want you to marry someone from here it has to be from our nature. So me and Ancelmo, the leader of the Dark Capones suggested that you and Kris” he pointed at the tall man “ Will get engaged”. My mouth dropped in response I was shocked as hell, he can’t do this to me. I mean I wasn’t the person that would really care about an arranged marriage because I don’t even believe in “LOVE” or however the they call it. I took a sip of my glass of water. Me getting married to someone I don’t even know but I run away to get away from the mafia. Marrying in the mafia is just a no, no. Kris seemed alright from it he looked at me seriously. “ Dad, can I think about it ?” I said, I need time to think. I didn’t know whether this involved some kind of safety- keeping the families in neutral positions- no more deaths between the clans. If that happened then I wouldn’t care. If I had to save lives by just marrying a stranger I don’t mind but it’s such a big step I don’t even know.

“Well, Kris got a job at your school as the new largest shareholder and also Art teacher. From this you two could get to know each other without raising any suspicions of your identity.” I didn’t even want to listen anymore. I felt nervous confused I didn’t even know. My dad left me and Kris some time alone we were sat on the garden infront of the small white fountain. I sat on the bench bored resting my face on my palms. He stretched his arms sitting comfortably.

“ I’m not marrying you” He whispered as he looked away trying to seem unsuspicious. A smile was drawn on my face and he frowned in response. “You weren’t supposed to be this happy !” He complained as I said. “Well look I don’t agree with this forced and I won’t just do things cause my dad wants me. When I clearly stated I went to Canada to get away from all that mafia controversy” “I’m with you in this. But how do we tell them ?” I agreed with him as I crossed my legs” “ Do you have a boyfriend ?Use him, 1st my dad is a softie when it comes to love and 2nd I think your dad would want his principessa to be happy.” He gave me an ironic look. I could tell he was thinking of how much of a spoiled brat I was. But I wasn’t. “ Too bad mr no dickhead in my life at the moment” “ Find one” “ Why don’t you find a girl !” “They’re a pain in the and everyone knows I just broke up” “I can’t find one though” “ I’m pretty sure there is enough desperate guys out there just find one !” Kris complained as I bit my lower lip. “ Nope” “ What about any of your friends?” “ I have no guy friends” I confessed looking down fiddling with my fingers. “ Chincha !” he rolled his eyes. “Just anyone to pretend to be your boyfriend”. I was thinking and thinking for a few good minutes until my phone rang. It was Luhan. I picked it up. “HONEY !” “What the hell Gianna !?!Making me wait at the library for 4 ing hours and then calling me HONEY?!”. “ I found our person Kris!” I told him. “You better have”. “Who’s Kris and why is he with you?” I didn’t reply and he shouted “GIANNA !”. Meet me tomorrow after school at the library at 15:00 don’t be late its important” I told him as I hang up. I came to the point of asking Luhan a favour, how pitiful.

 

Next day

   Luhan was trying to approach me. I think he was trying to act hard to get but I knew he would be there on that time. Kris introduced himself to the school as the new Arts teacher. Girls were screaming over him, teachers were mad about him and he just seemed too focused on his masterpiece.  I would admit he was attractive but quite cold and distant but his point made sense. Always dressed perfectly with branded casual clothes and his silky hair perfectly styled. I didn’t have art this week since we change next semester I was quite glad, since I could postprone the unfortunate evening.

  ---after school----

   Kris and me are sat on a round table, Kris is reading his literature book while I’m playing candy crush on my phone. Luhan makes the appearance after 15 minutes later as I had calculated. “ Why is he here ?”.Luhan said pissed off. “Yah! get a hold of yourself.” Kris replied in a serious tone while I patted his arm to signal him to calm down and ignore Luhan’s comments. “ He is the reason” “ What do you mean ?” Luhan said seeming quite sick his colour changed more towards green as I felt his nervousness. “He is my fiancé” I said. “Your what? How can you? Without my permission? Whats wrong with you? I thought you were my slave! I won’t allow this!” Luhan complained as his facial expressions seemed more hilarious than scary. Kris sighed in response looking away everything but Luhan it was like his presence was bothersome.

 I explained to Luhan what I wanted for him to do. We had to pretend to be boyfriend and girlfriend, however, no one would know that it was fake but us three. Our dads have good resources they would know in any minute. “What?” Luhan said as his mouth dropped in surprise. “And what makes you think I will do that?” He said irritated. “Going out with you will be a murder of my reputation!” “No, no I’m out of this!” Luhan said as he picked up his stuff to leave.

Kris grabbed his collar before he could leave and pointed a gun at his head. “I’m afraid you have no choice pretty boy” Luhan was terrified putting his hands up. As soon as he sat down Kris put the gun away as Luhan did his tie up in frustration trying to make up his leftover manliness. “Fine, I’ll do it!” He looked at Kris and then me. “ But you two have to be separated, you’ll always follow my orders and do as I say” Luhan complained as he tried to get the upper hand of the situation. A deathstare from Kris was enough to startle him.

“ Ok your father will come back in around a month expecting the unexpected, however, I will tell him that you have a boyfriend that you’re totally in love with and we can’t get married because its wrong.” “ He will investigate behind it to find out whether it is true or not, then he’ll ask to meet Luhan and then if he approves you’re free and I’m free and everyone can do their jobs in peace” Kris plan seemed simple and achievable but the thought of my dad accepting Luhan as my boyfriend was impossible. First of all his flowerboy looks second of all his arrogant attitude and he treats me like . They’re all no no for my dad. But I guess I could teach him. “ You also have to make it public to the school, tell everyone you know that you’re dating and have a few dates and stuff we need evidence. I might even be put in to break you up and so be aware.”

We talked through the plan Luhan seemed like he would stick to it but I doubted it I had so much to teach him. But telling everyone we’re dating is ridiculous. My friends would think I’m on drugs and I’m gonna get so much hate from his fangirls but at the end of the day I would be free. Pff Why did I get myself in these situations? Luhan looked at Kris seriously as he explained the plan he was smirking every now and then, he was thinking of ways to use this against me that jerk, but I couldn’t sat anything. I owe him…