Bother

Bother - Optional Bias

Resting your back flush against the floor was just about the only thing that didn’t hurt your back worse. Pressing your feet against the wall, you covered your eyes with your arm to try and relax.

The click of the door didn’t phase you as you let out a deep breath, you had done so much and been so busy that you hadn’t been able to do anything else than work and eat and sleep, then wake up and repeat the exact same schedule over and over. Always with a smile on your face.

Footsteps walked towards you and gently shook the floor as the person got closer and closer to you.

"Sweetheart, what are you doing on the floor? Isn’t that uncomfortable?" He asked as you just shook your head, negating his question. Hearing his knees crackle as he knelt down he rested his hand against your cheek making sure that you don’t feel warm.

"Why are you on the floor when you can lay on the couch or the bed?" He said with a slight grin as he thought it was cute how you looked at that moment.

"I didn’t want to move…. I was too tired." You mumbled softly as your head throbbed with pain. He moved, taking a seat next to you, his fingers trailed up your arm that laid motionlessly across your stomach.

"Is there anything that I can do for you?" He looked at you concerned as his head gently tilted to the side as he continued to draw on your arm.

At first you wanted to say yes, but then you didn’t want to impose anything on him. Without saying and answer, he leaned over and kissed your hand, then your arm. Moving his lips finally to your cheek, his warm breath moved over your skin as you removed your arm from your eyes.

"Yabo?" You said quietly with your eyes half open.

"Mhmmm?" He met your eyes with the kindest and softest eyes that you have ever seen, which made your stomach flutter with butterflies until your back shot back pain, making your hand move to your side as you tried to ease the sharp pain.

"I don’t want to impose…" You faded off as you began to rub that spot more, making it loosen up a little with your touch. "But…. can I have a back massage. It kind of has been killing me for the past couple of days?"

"Of course! Anything for you." He said as his hand moved into yours. Helping pull you up nice and slow, your back shot another shooting pain at you in retaliation to you moving. Pausing for just a moment, he waited patiently before scooping you up in his arms. 

One arm wrapped around his shoulder while the other rested on his chest. Moving you to the bedroom, he pushed open the door before carefully moving you to the bed. Taking a step back from you, you moved onto your stomach before he let out a soft hum. Looking over your shoulder, you saw him disappear into the closet before coming right back out with one of his t shirts and some short sleeping shorts that were your favorite.

"Change into these and I will give you a nice, long massage." He said softly as he handed you the clothes. Changing into the clothes slowly, a knock came from the door as you barely pulled his shirt down over your stomach as he came in.

Kneeling on the bed, he set down a pillow and patted it as you slowly moved your head onto the white, welcoming pillow. Moving down to your legs, he straddled them gingerly as his hands moved your hair to one side of your neck. Leaning over you he gently kissed the side of your head with ease.

"Try and relax ok?" He whispered in your ear that made your skin crawl as you nodded, gently kissing your ear, he started at the base of your back. 

His hands slowly worked in circles as he started out soft, relaxing the top muscles. With his hands moving up your back, you closed your eyes and focused on his relaxing hands. Moving slowly up and down your back in circles letting the muscles relaxing them before getting your deeper and tight muscles underneath. 

In no time, your breaths became more and more shallow and deeper. Once he was done with your massage, he laid carefully beside you. Seeing that you were perfectly asleep now. He eased himself closer to you as his fingers gently pushed away your loose hairs before kissing your forehead softly.

"You are never a bother to me. I just wish that you wouldn’t work yourself so hard all the time." He whispered as he pulled a blanket over the two of you before turning off the lights and meeting you in his dreams.