November brought you.

My Senior Year, Wasn't Suppose to Include Any of You.

Hope you enjoy.


The school year, thus, far–

A drag

Boring

Stressful

And–


Chapter 1


Taylor didn't remember the last time she used her locker that school year. It was probably the third day of school, but, that was over two months ago. So, when she opened her locker and found a note inside, she didn't know how to respond to its presence.

The first thing she thought–

Someone must have slipped trash inside it.

But it was perfectly folded in half and it laid there, inside her empty locker, waiting for her.

So, she unfolded it

Hey

The words were simple, but, struck her with curiosity.

 

Maybe it was a secret admirer, Taylor thought.

Someone shy

Someone like–

Taylor shook her head. The thought was crazy. She was crazy, for thinking such an unrealistic thing. So, she ignored the idea, placed her books in her locker and begun her school day.


3 weeks later


1st person: "A new student? Since when?"

2nd person: "Since today."

1st person: "Today? That's dumb! Cause Thanksgiving starts today, so what's the point!?"

3rd person: "What's what point?"

1st person: "Oh, 'sup Carla? Have you heard about the new student?"

3rd person (Carla): "Yes, I've seen him."

2nd person: "You mean 'her.' You saw 'her' today."

Carla spoke, "no, Justine, I saw 'him' today. He's a guy. I had first period with him."

1st person: "So, he's a senior?"

Carla replied, "yes. And he's super cute."

2nd person (Justine): "Cute? You call looking completely feminine, cute? I call it gay!"

"C'mon Justine, that's not nice," Carla scolds.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I forgot he's Asian!" the girl known as Justine remarks.

1st person: "Hey, what's that suppose to mean?"

Justine began, "yo, no disrespect Vicky, but some of your culture's dudes, just look better then your culture's chicks!"

"Not all!" Vicky defends.

A fourth voice comes in, "what are you guys fussing about now?"

The voice belongs to Taylor. "Taylor, my girl, how's it going?" Justine greets. "Fussing? We're not fussing. Were just engaging in a little dialogue." 

"Oh yeah, what sort? Does this 'dialogue' have anything to do with our lovely new exchange student?" Taylor asks.

"Yeah, how'd you know? Have you seen him?" Vicky asks, with interest.

Taylor shakes her head. "No, not yet."

Justine stands up from the table and grabs her bookbag. "Well, when you do, can you please confirm the for me?!" She remarks as she walks off.


4th period: Economics


Taylor made her way into her last class and took her seat. 

"Good afternoon class." The teacher greeted as she entered the classroom. But, like always, there was little response.

The bell rung. "Well, I'm going to take roll." And as she began to take attendance, two students walked in. One was a boy named James and another was someone new. It was the new student. Talyor kept her eyes on him. And she saw that he was very cute. Adorable cute.

"James," the teacher begun, "I know you heard the bell!"

The student started, "Yea, I know but, I was helping the new kid find his way over here." The teacher looked at him, her face questioning the lie. "Well, I would have taken that excuse, if you weren't late to my class all the time. So, take a seat. I'm marking you late."

"Are you serious?!" James questioned, but the teacher just looked at him.

He sighed, "alright fine, you win!" he remarked before finding his seat.

All eyes were now on the new student, who stood there. His frame was small. And he wore a long black tank, dark red skinny jeans, colorful high top shoes and a charcoal beanie that covered his dyed hair.

The teacher looked at him and smiled. "You must be," she took a glance at her roll, "Taemin! Taemin Lee."

The student, named Taemin, bowed. And some students began to whisper. "Yes." He responded.

"Well then, there are no assigned seats so your free to sit anywhere and I'll give you everything you need once I finish with the roll. Alright?" The student Taemin bowed again and began to scan the room for an empty desk.

"Wait, so your going to let him get a free pass, but, I get marked late? James questioned from his seat.

The teacher playful scolded him, "well, you know better. He's new."

James made a frown. "Yo, Miss, that's not right. That's cold!"

"Yes, and I'm suppose to be that way, I'm a teacher. Now please let me get on with the attendance."

Then she turned to the new student with a smile. "Taemin, ignore James, he's always like this."

James started again, "Oh, so what you trying to say Miss, huh? What? I'm not taken seriously around here!"

The teacher shook her head, ignoring him and getting back to her roll. And the students laughed.

Now Taylor, not realizing it, just continued to watch him, the student named Taemin. Even as he smiled at the scene. Her eyes couldn't pry away from his adorable chubby cheeks that sat on his completely flawless face.

And then, their eyes met. In an instant. And it startled Taylor. So she looked away, placing her eyes on the board at the front of the classroom.

Then, "Taylor?" the teacher called.

Taylor responded with a small "here." Her eyes still fixed at the front of the class. And that's where she'd keep them, from that moment until after the end of class if she had to, because she felt eyes on her, and that made her feel unease. That made the tiny situation grow awkward.


Then the school day was over. Finally! The moment with her and the new student, was still on her mind. But, she thanked God that the teacher kept him after class to talk, if not, who'd know what would have happened. Maybe they would have exited through the door around the same time. And Taylor did not need that. As embrassing as she felt already.

But, then she softly laughed, realizing that she was making such a big deal over such a small thing. So, she tried to make herself think little of it as she walked to her locker in order to get the books she needed to study over the holiday break.

As she worked on her combination she began to remember the piece of paper she had discovered just a few weeks ago. Since then, she hadn't thought about it.

So, when she reached her locker and opened it, she was surprised at what fell out.

It was another

folded paper,

like the one before.


The school year, thus, far–

A drag

Boring

Stressful

And–

About to get interesting!


Hope this chapter wasn't boring

This story has been neglected since last September & I kept posting & rewriting the same chapter

 but,

I think I'm finally statisfied with it.

So, tell me how you feel

Comments are always

Appreciated ^^

Thanks for Reading ^ ^