Moments Like These

Moments Like These

He’s excited, that’s besides stating the obvious but for the life of Yixing he can’t seem to rid the smile that has been plaguing him for the past three hours. It worries Baekhyun and irritates Chen to the point he kind of wants to smack him but holds back for some strange reason, Kyungsoo just glances at him from time to time, amused.

He fails to notice the looks ofcourse, his eyes set on the passing cars and trees through the window.

So by the time their van is pulling up into the parking lot. He’s ecstatic. His fingers fumble with each other in a clumsy fashion before it goes to his face, resting against his warm cheeks as his thoughts linger.  

“Yixing!”

He startles at his name being shouted and looks up to see Kyungsoo by the van door, presumable waiting for him. He then notices how empty the vehicle is.

“You plan to stay in here? I thought you said you came to support us, can’t do that from inside the van” Kyungsoo says. Yixing is already shimming across the seat and towards the door. A shy laugh bubbling from his throat.

“Of course I’m coming, I was just lost in thought. I guess I’m nervous for you guys even though I won’t be performing, weird huh” He replies, Kyungsoo gives him room to exit the van before slamming the door shut.

“Sure” Kyungsoo says, there’s a hint of a smile that threatens to break his stoic expression but he doesn’t allow it to grow more than a soft smirk.

By the time they are all comfortable in their dressing room, its already time for makeup, hair touch ups, outfit change, the works.

Throughout this, the members practice their part, warm the throats while Yixing hovers around them. Squeezing Chen’s shoulder, telling him not to worry so much, his high notes are always perfect. Chen side eyes him but grins nonetheless because of course, his high notes are always perfect. He offers Kyungsoo of bottle of water then a cup of hot water before he’s suffocating Baekhyun’s personal space with his happy syndrome.

It’s only so long before the young vocalist is sighing heavily, then burning holes into Yixing’s skin.

 He grins sheepishly, backing away when he see’s Baekhyun shift his gaze from him to something on the dressing room table, quickly mutters how they should rest themselves and warm their voices up some more before stage rehearsal and if they wanted some tea or something because he had packed a few bags of them just in case.

Baekhyun motions forward. Yixing gets the point.

So he settles himself down on the couch. Staring about idly before his attention goes to the television screen that’s showing all the activity currently taking place back stage. The different groups lined up, waiting their turn to do their final run through, some waving at the camera before it steers off to capture the fans that file in screaming and cheering.

He grows fidgety when he doesn’t get a chance to see a particular group and for one panicky second he thinks maybe he got it wrong and they aren’t promoting today until the camera zooms around again catching a glimpse of the crowd of idols and Yixing eyes light up when he spots a group of six heading back around to where the dressing rooms were located.

He almost shots out of his seat but catches himself before he does so. ‘It would seem rude, just leaving so abruptly. Maybe I should wait until later’.   He ponders over in his mind. So caught in what to do he doesn’t even realize the shadow casted over him until something nudges him in the forehead.

He looks up to see Kyungsoo and feels immediately like he’s being dissected.

His wide, all judging eyes bearing their weight down on him with a look he can’t quite grasp the motive behind but knows by now nothing good ever comes from Kyungsoo eyeing someone like that.

So when the other takes a seat next to him, gives him a once over then lock gazes with him before a small, stern smile stretches across his face.

Kyungsoo speaks before Yixing so much as attempts to open his mouth.

“You know, you can roam around a bit if you’re bored in here”.

Yixing’s puzzled. Kyungsoo continues regardless.

“It’s going to be a little while before we go out for the final run through… you should go..roam..meet and greet and such” Kyungsoo nods encouragingly, nudging Yixing on the shoulder.

He nods too but doesn’t move. Kyungsoo’s still smiling but by now Yixing realizes it’s kind of forced.

“I’m sure some of our close friends are around here somewhere, why don’t you go say hi?” Kyungsoo continues, carefully emphasizing on the words friends and hi .

Yixing only nods, he isn’t sure what Kyungsoo is getting at but he agrees all the same with a short.

“Okay”

“Yeah, like now… I think you should go say hi now” the light nudge on Yixing’s shoulder becomes a push and Kyungsoo continues to push, just enough until Yixing is one cheek off the couch.

“Oh Okay bu-“

He doesn’t get to finish because Kyungsoo is up off the couch dragging him along towards the door muttering how he should just go left, it’s two doors down on the right he can’t miss it before he’s shoving him out the door.

“Tell them congrats on their nomination tonight” Kyungsoo grins, Yixing fawning on the attempt to play innocent because there is no way Kyungsoo can know he had a hidden motive behind coming with them.

“….Tell who?” Yixing mumbles confused and Kyungsoo’s only allows the grin on his face to spread before he’s grabbing Yixing by the shoulder’s turning him around the face the long corridor.

“Make sure to congratulate Taekwoon properly" Kyungsoo grinning at him then shuts the door leaving a very red Yixing at the other end.

 

-----

 

‘What if they’re busy’ he fidgets. ‘But I should tell them Kyungsoo says hello’.

He stands there contemplating until it makes him uncomfortable and the second he feels to walk off and head back to s, the door come swinging open. He’s greeted by the dimpled member who’s laughing from maybe a conversation he and someone else in the room obviously were in the middle of before his smiles falters, stunned to see Yixing wide eyed like a fish out of water standing there.

Then he smiles and ‘wow’ Yixing thinks before his mind goes blank as he’s being dragged into the room by Hongbin’s welcoming arm slung around his shoulders. The moment the other members realize he’s in the room they swarm him.

Like bees to honey and Yixing goes beat red at the way they ogle over him especially their leader who’s smothering the life out of him before Hyuk pulls him off mumbling something about not Yixing’s soul not that one.

He barely gets into a steady conversation with Jaehwan before his attention drifts off somewhere else and Yixing drifts off to the only member who isn’t screaming, laughing or off doing their own thing.

He’s humming, painfully unaware of Yixing’s presence because his earphones are in and his eyes are closed, he looks so scerene Yixing almost doesnt want to disturb him.

Yixing gulps, rethinking this entire thing because he doesnt even know what to say. Suddenly he's terribly nervous and almost backs out but until those eyes are open and then they’re staring straight at him from the reflection of the mirror before Taekwoon is spinning around in his chair with a sincere look on his face.

"Hi" Taekwoon greets him.

Yixing feels something fluttering around his stomach at that.

“VIXX ON STAGE IN FIVE MINUTES!!” The shout catches all their attention.

Suddenly the entire room is in a frenzy. Wonshik is scrambling about the room for his jacket. Hackyeon and Hongbin check themselves in the mirrors one last time, Ken’s giving his high note a run through whilst Hyuk redoes a particular step in the choreography he thinks he’s messed up.

So in the midst of this all there is just Yixing and Taekwoon, who amongst all the others is surprisingly calm. He wtaches him take his time to fix his mic. How he carefully adjusts the mouth piece and at that moment all Yixing can do is stare at him really.

He just stares at how pleasant his face looks set with dipped brows as he concentrates at the task, then to how his outfit suits him perfect, the way the dark, rich colours compliments him. The way his hair is styled and how well is accentuates his features, especially his eyes that highlight with dark smoky makeup.

“Good luck” he wishes him and Taekwoon bows, smiles then says thank you before he’s being rushed out the door by a cordinoona,eyes never leaving Yixing's until he's out the door. Yixing follows suit.

He wished they had at least gotten a little time to speak.

 

To say their performance was impressive was an understatement. Yixing had only recalled closing his mouth from ogling so much after the last lights dimmed and the fans cheers finally died down before they erupted once again as his fellow member were next to take the stage.

Then it’s come to the end of the show, all the other performers are bundled up on stage but he can still clearly see s and even more he can clearly see VIXX who are standing in front for the first time as their name is announced for nominations.

His crosses his fingers and before he can hope for the best-

“VIXX!!!”

Everyone’s cheering, everyone’s overwhelmed.

Everyone’s a tear jerking wreck.

It's such a perfect moment.

 

 

 

“Congratulations” Yixing smiles down at him as he quietly closes the door to the small private room Wonshik had directed him towards. He hesitantly takes the empty space beside Taekwoon and watches him as he uses the sleeve of his shirt to wipe his face. He ruins his eyeliner a bit in the process and Yixing smiles a little before patting him reassuringly on the back.

“Why are you crying, you just won first place you should be happy” Yixing says softly, rubbing soothing circles into Taekwoon shoulders that are still trembling. He looks so tired, his eyes have gotten puffy and red and he sniffles with the attempt to try and hold back more tears.

“I am happy” Taekwoon says in the softest voice that has Yixing leaning forward a little so he makes sure to hear all that Taekwoon has to say.

“I’m ha  ...I’m so happy I think I might burst” He rubs the corner of his eye,sighs. Yixing watches how Taekwoon face scrunches as he thinks what he should say “I never imagined something like this. I never thought something like this could happen to me, to my group. It feels amazing Yixing. All that hard work, all that effort being recognized..it’s….” Taekwoon breaks down again and Yixing feels as if his heart is about to shatter.

He can’t stand seeing Taekwoon like this despite the tears being from joy. He doesn’t want to see the other cry because it hurts. It really hurts and Yixing can’t think of a way to make it stop hurting and yet he leans forward.

So close but Taekwoon doesn’t see because his eyes are close and his lips are curved into such a painfully beautiful arch and Yixing doesn’t want to see them like that.

So he kisses them, he kisses them gently, as gently as he can because Taekwoon is gentle and everything around Taekwoon should be just so.

And he’s so caught up by the overwhelming need to comfort Taekwoon it really doesn’t dawn on him the method that he’s chosen to use until it’s already done and he’s leaning back with fingers on his lips in absolute shock.

“I…s-sorry” he stutters, and sits back a little bit more, shifting the hand that’s pressed against his lips to rest along his cheek that is burning from embarrassment.

Taekwoon can only look at him, his still red eyes, with unshed tears are wide but the current shock seems to be fading, faster than Yixing’s at least and then he’s the one leaning over and Yixing braces for the slap he thinks he’s going to get in the face.

 Because that was definitely stepping past someone’s personal space and Taekwoon loved his and Yixing practically ran pass that boundary line.

Instead when he feels the heat of something near his face he jolts when a palm comes resting firmly over his hand that’s still pressed against his cheek.

“You look like you’re about to cry, are you mocking me” Taekwoon says jokingly.

Yixing shakes his head so hard both their hands get thrown off.

He wishes he hadn’t the feel of Taekwoon hand on his. The warmth, he wanted always wanted to feel that.

“No, never” Yixing whispers.

Taekwoon laughs, gentle just as gentle as all the things he does. The way he speaks, even the way he’s looking at Yixing right this minute. And he’s blushing again.

Then Taekwoon is laughing again, it almost sounds like a giggle to Yixing's ear and he thinks it’s the cutest sound he’s ever heard.

When the laughter finally fades into a comforting sigh, Taekwoon wipes once more at the corner of his eyes, frowning at his blacken fingers. Yixing can see the nervous look blossoming on his face as Taekwoon wonders just  how much of a preteen drama queen he must look like right now with his eyeliner running.

Yixing twist, pulls a small handkerchief from his pockets and hands it to Taekwoon who gratefully accepts.

“Um…I’m sorry I did that..I wasn’t thinking” Yixing mumbles and looks away.

He misses the way Taekwoon's face is heat up and how his expression changes as he reflects on the words Yixing has said to him before he answer with a rushed “It’s fine”.

He coughs and shifts then repeats “Its fine”

"...but uh..why did you do it?”

Yixing flusters, his mouth opens then closes then he’s biting his lower lip.

“You..look cu-.. I mean I don’t like it…you shouldn’t cry ..even..even if your happy… no I mean you should cry even when you’re happy , you..i..i just wanted you to smile” Yixing deadpans near the end when he realizes he’s rambling.

He wants to face palm, wants to get as far away from this situation that has turned awkwardly embarrassing for him but each time he thinks so Taekwoon looks up from his hands and smiles and he feels his ears prick and heat.

“Thank you” Taekwoon says softly and leans into Yixing space until he’s close enough that his lips tease the corner of Yixing’s own and then he presses just a little bit more then pulls away.

Yixing speechless, Taekwoon looks to the floor but it doesn’t hide his flaring cheeks.

“I…uh” Yixing stutters then laughs, then laughs some more until his vision goes blurry and he can only see a swirled version of Taekwoon who’s leaning forward asking him why he’s crying.

Yixing’s laughing awkwardly before he replies.

“I don’t know..you looked so cute..so cute”

Taekwoon covers his face, embarrassed and giddy by the words and he’s about to say something when the door swings open with a violent .

“CONGRATULATIONS!!”

*SNAP*

The flash burns their eyes and they’re blinking rapidly before they make out that it is Hyuk who is standing by the door with a crooked smile on his face and a camera in his hands.

The youngest looks from one to the other then back before he’s spinning on his heel.

“HACKYEONINIE~~~~~ WOONIE MADE YIXING CRY!!!” 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~

i at cute things