F I N A L //

Gift & Hope

Gift        
& Hope


25th December, 2002

Winter, and my favourite season has come. It's Christmas, raining with the heavy snow ball hitting on our rooftop. Omma said it's dangerous going outside, so I have to stay inside while omma is still working even if it's Christmas. My appa has died before I was born, I thought I could've a man in our house atleast to get rid of my boredness.

'ding donng' The doorbell rings, and I'm suure that omma has comeback with a big gift for me.

In fact, there's the figure of omma standing infront of me but not with a big gift. I was dissapointed and pout like a little baby, even though I'm 8 years old by time.

"Present?" I let out both of my hands expecting for a present from omma.

As expected, there is. Omma asked me to close my eyes, then grabbing my right hand and approach, holding a complete unfamilar hands. The hand that I holding was... shivering.

I slowly open my eyes, notice a tiny handsome stranger standing infront of me. I shift my gaze to the hands, and realise he is the one I'm holding hands with.

I was in a complete shock and next quickly shove my hands away from his.

Who is this tiny things infront me anyway? I judged the little guy infront me from head to toes, shift and give a curious look to omma.



"So he was abandoned?" I furrowed my eyebrows as I couldn't believe the shocking statement of the tiny little guy.

Omma nodded without more hesitation.

"But, why are you bringing the tiny things here?" I crossed my arms on my chest, gaze at the tiny guy omma brought to house.

"He's your gift. And you're his hope." Omma remark with a tiny smile on her faces.

I'm his hope? This is so funny. But what are those mean?



This is the first time having a complete stranger, yet a boy in my house. Or better, he is going to stay forever here.

We never talk, because I'm the shy and cool type while he?

Not to deny, he's actually cute, handsome and talkative.


-2004 -

"Watermelon?" He offered. I shook my head for reply, shift back my gaze and drifting my mind to another world.

He chuckled and sit besides me silently, continue eating and siping the watermelon juices like there's no tomorrow. Not to deny, he does seduce me to have a bite on the fruit.

I gulped. Which people from miles away could hear me.

I heard his chuckles, I felt really embaressed by time till he offers another slice of watermelon and I accept it.

The thing that freak me most when he just shoot out the seeds one by one like shooting with a gun. My jaw dropped at his skill, I mean how he did it?

And the most ridiculous thing I've ever do, is copying what he has done with the seeds.

He taught me with passion. Untill I could master it well.

With one last bite on the fruit, we both compete shooting the seeds.

By any chance, I've won.

He is nice. I never thought a cool girl like me could burst into laughter with a stranger.



"Sehun." This is the first time I call him by name, but also the last.

He smiled. I could feel his sincere, his warm through his smile and this is the first smile he present in this house.

"Please, call me... oppa." I was shocked by his sudden statement. But the fun thing is, I could noticed how his cheeks turns cherry tomatoes red when he's asking me to call him oppa.

"O... oppa." I said shyly, hiding my pinkish face.

And... Thats the reason I liked him since then.



2010

I was hiding again, under the cherry blossom crying by myself as no one could notice.

Sehun, he is always the one besides me whenever I need help. He knew I was there, crying all alone.

He knew the reason why I cry.


The next day when I saw a deep cut on Kai's face, I didnt know it was Sehun who done this to his bestfriend. Because of me.

I noticed a slight cut on Sehun face which is still bleeding, I was going to punch him as my seconds thought feeling sorry for him.

"Why are you doing this?" He's laying on my lap as I asked him to, because I need to clean his cuts.

He remained silent...And so do I.


'Because I... have to protect you, moron.' Sehun thought. He knows 'protect' is just an excuse because he knows his feeling towards her well.

'You just confusing me by your action you know? Sehun oppa...'



February 2012

I saw Hyeri giving him a box of chocolate on Valentine, he just received it.

Am I jealous?

He's being too good to me, just to confuse me. I'm suffered.

Now, he's being a member of EXO which a group that's really famous among every school.

He's the maknae and every girls fall for him.

I just hate it.



I think I should stop loving him.

He just make me suffer.



October 2013

We finally graduated.

He's growing handsome day by day than the normal.
Seriously this is unfair.

We have an assembly right in the morning, and I heard EXO has a presentation.

There they was, performing cool as ever on the stage, shining like a star.

And Sehun is the star, that hangs far away from me above the skies, always within it bright shines whenever I feel needed and later I've used to the glowing star, afraid if it dims by time.

So close, yet far.


"Annyeonghasseyo, EXO ui maknae Oh Sehun imnida." Sehun? What is he doing there?

The next, I saw him gestured the EXO members to release a video clip.

I have nothing to be anticipate but... until I see myself inside the video clip.

Sehun later starting his speech.



"Bae Suzy, please listen to it carefully, I dont repeat twice." And now my hearts pounds like crazy once he mentioned my name. What should I do?

"Remember how we meet? I was at your house doorstep. You were closing your eyes, and later we were holding our hands. You called me 'tiny little things' and then we never talk anymore. Ommonim said I was your gift and you were my hope. It was true, you give me hope, you saved me from abandoned, you give me your silent love. I'm your gift, as what you wish to have because of habeoji. I taught you shooting seeds, I chuckled, you won, we burst into laughter. And that was the first time you call by my name, but you've asked to call me oppa. You dated Kai when you was 16, and I found you crying under the cherry blossom. I gave him a punch on his face, so did he returned another punch to me. I lied on your lap, you were cleaning my cuts passionately, and you asked me why am I doing this, we remained silent. Last year, I was asking Hyeri how to make a chocolate, but you've misunderstood us, and you never talked to me since then." The speak-er paused before continue.

Without second hesitation, he grabbed the mic and head towards me, who are standing in the middle among all the students.

I looked up, and seeing his figure standing few steps infront me.

"I feel your warm through your hands when we were holding, I know I need you by then. I feel your passion on me, I know I like you by then. But I dont think there's a need for me for keep needing you and liking you now."

The last few words from him remarks clearly and hitting in my mind. I felt embaressed, so do the students around shocked in the moments.

I cant help, but his words were too hard for me, my tears fall without a notice.

As I was going to turn around and walk away, I felt a hand hold on my wrist, it stopping me from leaving.

The hand belongs to Sehun.

"There's no need for me for needing you and liking you... But there's a need for me to love you with all my hearts, protect you from unnoticeable danger. I need your hearts, Bae Suzy. Because... you stole mine."