New Beginnings

Showdown

Song(s) of the Day:

????

I really don't have (a) song(s) of the day this chapter. Just listen to whatever you want :)

(This will happen for most of the chapters)

Chapter 1:

~

New Beginnings

~

 

"do you want to join our singing group?" Jennifer asked impolitely. Taeyeon was shocked. Jennifer Alexandra Hesiver asking all of her "slaves" to join her singing group with her other quiet sister? Taeyeon wasn't aways so sure of Harper...the other girl...but she was sure that Harper was nowhere like her other sister, Jennifer, even though she may acted like her sister.

  "Sure," a voice said. Taeyeon had been interrupted my her thoughts that she forgot that Jennifer was asking a question. It had been three months since Taeyeon first joined the Hasiver family, but she still couldn't trust Jennifer that much. The voice to that answer was Tiffany's. Taeyeon always saw Tiffany as a harsh person. Tiffany was always the leader of the eight girls. Tiffany was clearly scared of Jennifer, but she would also say mean stuff about Jennifer and her cruel actions. Jessica nudged Tiffany's shoulder. "Fany, are you out of your mind? It's Jennifer!" Jessica whisper-shouted.

  "Something wrong, Jessica?" Jennifer hissed.

  "No, nothing at all," Jessica replied, obviously scared. The rest of the girls knew that Jessica was not as confident as Tiffany. She would always back down in a fight, given up a dream, or the right words would never come out of . But, Tiffany, on the other hand, would never say anything back to the great and powerful Jennifer. Everyone knew that. Jennifer didn't wait for a response from the rest of the girls. "Practice begins tomorrow at seven o' clock sharp. Fail to come, and you are out into the open wild Chicago. Do you hear me?" Jennifer said roughly. All of the girls nodded softly and quietly, and left to clean once more. Taeyeon...wasn't so sure of the decision.

  Taeyeon met that quiet girl, Seohyun in Jennifer's even more beautiful room. Seohyun was even more quiet than Jessica. Taeyeon mopped the elegant glass floor in Jennifer's room as Seohyun, with caution, avoided to fall in the wet floor. Taeyeon glanced at the picture frame when Jennifer was a lot younger, with Harper. Harper was very happy in the picture, and she didn't look as quiet like today. "What happened to Harper?" Taeyeon asked. Seohyun moved her head up, and looked at Taeyeon. She stopped sweeping the drawers. "Are you asking me?" Seohyun asked.

  "Yes, you," Taeyeon chuckled. Seohyun walked closer to Taeyeon and straightened Jennifer's bed. She lowered her voice just like Jessica did when she first introduced Taeyeon. Tae felt the chills run down her back. This household was so full of secrets. "Harper is not actually Jennifer's real sister. She was found in Pheonix, Arizona in the dark streets when Mr. Henry and Jennifer were vacationing there. Jennifer was never really a mean girl. The sisters would always play with each other...well until they got a bit older. Every one of Jennifer's relatives would give Harper a present for any special holiday. And they got Jennifer...a cheaper gift. Jennifer got very angry on Christmas Day three years ago. Harper got what Jennifer wanted, and Harper didn't even want it. She got a Barbie three-story dreamhouse, the diamond edition. The diamond edition didn't even come out yet! But, what all Mr. Henry's riches and fortunes, he could afford it. Jennifer was angry. She was very furious. She turned into some kind of girl after that...possibly the worst kind. Her father was even scared of her when she stole all of his gold and swore to never give it back unless he had given her what she wanted. Harper, being the 'angel', gave up the dollhouse she didn't want. Harper was quiet for the rest of her entire life because of Jennifer. Before Jennifer was 'Jenny the Golden Girl', the Hesiver sisters had started a singing group, 'Golden Hearts'. Both of them signed a 'contract' in which they swore to never, ever disband. So, now, Harper can't avoid it."

  "So..." Taeyeon started.

  "Harper is stuck with Jennifer...forever," concluded Seohyun. A shrill voice calls from downstairs. "Tayyoung! Xeohyung!" It was Jennifer's voice.

  "Ugh...she can never get my name right," Seohyun said, folding her arms.

  "Tell me about it," Taeyeon chuckled.

  Downstairs, Jennifer laid out a piece of paper and a switching-color pen. "You have to sign the contract," Jennifer started. Taeyeon and Seohyun gasped. Oh no...are we going to be with her forever?  Taeyeon thought. "What if we don't...want to sign?" Sunny asked, while picking up the pen.

  "There will be consequences." Jennifer's voice sends a chill down every girl's back. "I am not going to accept drop-outs. You have already followed Tiffany's instructions to join my singing group. Drop-out and you're in the rough Chicago."

 Two months later, all of the Hesiver girls had won multiple awards just because of their singing group. Taeyeon never knew how good she could sing, because all of her half-sisters were great at singing. Today, Taeyeon was at the Music Awards, waiting for the name Golden Hearts to be called for the Best Singing Act of 2013. Their dad, Mr. Henry Hesiver would be hosting, and boy, he would be proud. If the girls won the Best Singing Act, they would be the group with the most awards there. "Hello folks, we're here with the winners of the last award of the day. The Best Singing Act of 2013 is the greatest award to have ever, in your whole life. Good luck to all of the nominees!" Mr. Henry slowly opened the envelope. He had accidently dropped the sticker holding the envelope together on the floor, anticipating if his daughters had won. He gasped. "Golden Hearts!"

  The crowd cheers loudly, and looks at the direction of all the girls. Jennifer, in her green dress, chuckles and holds Harper's hand. It wasn't a long time before Taeyeon had that much fame from the most respected people in the world. Harper was in a fabulous blue dress, with her red hair to the side. "You girls stay here, Harper and I...have something to announce," Jennifer told the girls, and headed up the stadium. The girls obeyed like so. Who could disobey the great and powerful Jennifer? No one. People were confused everywhere. Why weren't the rest of the girls going up with Harper and Jennifer? That was pretty weird. But Jennifer smiled brightly, and Jennifer looked quiet, for two months, she had been quiet again.

  "It is such an honor to win this award and be the group with the most awards here. As you know, we are the youngest act here, and I am so honored! Us, starting two months ago? And winning nine awards here? At the Music Awards? It is so...just an incredible feeling," Jennifer bragged. Harper dared not say anything. "Well, I have some important and shocking news to share...The rest of the girls-Jessica, Tiffany, Sunny, Yuri, Xeohyung, Sewyoung, Youna, Hoyoung, and Tayyoung- will not be celebrating this award with us." Everyone gasps. "They are kicked out of the group...forever." Mr. Henry looks at Jennifer, and Jennifer looks back at her father sharply, as if her eyes had lazers.

  "Wait, what?" Sunny looks at Tiffany.

  "Let's go girls..." Tiffany stands up and leaves.

“Tiffany, you have to do something…”Taeyeon muttered.

“What can I do?” Tiffany shouted. Tiffany had heard Taeyeon. Tae panicked. “I-I-I” Taeyeon started. Jessica shushed her, telling her to stop talking for the better. The nine girls left the building, and they pledged, promised, declared, and vowed to never, ever go back to the Hesiver household ever again, and they would remain with each other forever. Taeyeon feared she would never see the beautiful bedroom ever again. She sat on her gorgeous blue-sheeted bed one last time and stared at her bedroom for a very long time. About five minutes later, Taeyeon stood up and packed for her journey to somewhere she didn’t know, but Tiffany planned. She sat down on her bed once again to stare at the room when she was finished packing. Taeyeon got out her cutie bunny-cased phone to take pictures of the bedroom. She didn’t know why, but the elegant bedroom was a part of her. “Taengoo? Are you ready?” A voice called from outside her long, white bedroom door. The voice snapped Taeyeon out of La-La Land and back to reality. “Um, yeah,” she stammered and grabbed her long-time-no-see blue suitcase.

         Taeyeon unopened the door to see the voice belong to Yuri Kwon. She had never talked to Yuri that much, Taeyeon always saw Yuri as an close “sister”, never more than that. So, Taeyeon wanted to become friends with Yuri, because they were also “sisters”. Taeyeon was shocked that Yuri called her “Taengoo”. It was a nickname that was only close “sisters” called her, like Jessica and Seohyun. Taeyeon thought that maybe Yuri had caught on to it and began to call her Taengoo because, of course, they were sisters.

         Only a group of about three people hung out with each other, since there were nine girls working as the “Hesiver Maids”. It was always just Taeyeon, Seohyun, and Jessica because they were the most shy and non-active. Only Tiffany and Yuri played with each other because Yuri was the only one who could take Tiffany’s weekly screaming “tantrums”. And the four girls: Sooyoung, Yoona, Sunny, and Hyoyeon talked to each other. Each of Sooyoung, Yoona, Sunny, or Hyoyeon had a talent. Sooyoung, well, she was the tallest of all the sisters, that’s why she could also dance well. Yoona, is known for being the sisters’ “visual”, she was the prettiest of the group of girls. Sunny could do some pretty dabaek (AKA: “awesome” in English) aegyo (AKA: “cute things/stuff/actions” in English). And, don’t forget about Hyoyeon. Even though there are some pretty good dancers, Hyoyeon is the Dancing Queen; she could also crack a joke from time to time. Tiffany was like the noona (AKA: “eldest/oldest sister” in English) of the group: the captain. Although she was the “Captain”, she was pretty strict so none of the girls played with her but Yuri. Yuri was the second Dancing Queen, but she also had a strong friendship with Yoona. Yoona wasn’t in Yuri and Tiffany’s “group” because she thought that Tiffany’s tantrums would cause her stress and mess her attractive face. Jessica had extreme vocals; you might even say they were killer. But, she was also shy and non-social most of the time. Underline most. She’s nicknamed “Ice Princess” by the girls, which means (yep), she can be killer (with her laser death stare). Seohyun is the shiest of the shiest. Taeyeon is shy, but nowhere near the shy that Seohyun is at. Seohyun is the sweet one, the one that anyone in her family can trust. For example: if Yoona tells her a secret about her face wrinkling or whatever, and Tiffany demands the youngest for what Yoona is telling Seohyun, Seohyun will tell Tiffany another secret that Yoona has told her. Everybody wins, right? No one will ever know about Yoona’s face wrinkling, and Tiffany will get a secret from Yoona, right? Well, if Yoona’s face does wrinkle, that is. Well, maybe except Yoona will have one of her secret expose, but maybe it was no longer important. That’s why Taeyeon trusts Seohyun so much, she will clean the table when the girls are eating at home, when Jennifer and Harper are at a beauty pageant for no reason; she will ask Tiffany permission to clean; she will ask Jennifer or Harper permission to stop cleaning. Seohyun is the best. And Taeyeon…Taeyeon is just a girl that two months ago met a lovely family of eight “real sisters”. She just feels she belongs here. But now…she’s forced to live her nightmare from two months ago. Is it Déjà vu, possibly?

Dear Jennifer, Harper, and Mr. Henry,

I am finally forced to leave this household. I’m sorry, but I just can’t live with Jennifer anymore. I don’t know if Harper’s a problem, though. Mr. Henry, I have spent a good fourteen years with you, and I’m satisfied that tonight shall be my last night here.

Tiffany Hwang/Hesiver

P.S. Was I ever a Hesiver? (Written on a piece of paper)

Dear Mr. Henry and the rest of the family,

I’m sorry but today is my last day here in the wonderful household. There’s just something that I can’t possibly stand that I have to get out. I will always regret this moment. I’m very sorry.

Farewell, Sunny Lee/Hesiver

(Written on the Study Room’s chalkboard)

Greetings Mr. Henry, Jennifer, and Harper,

Guilt will follow me forever for as long as I live. I am persuaded and decided by my own choices that I shall leave this household tonight. Where are we going? I’m even not so sure. But, the fourteen years in the household shall be the most important in my life.

Goodbye forever, Yoona Im/Hesiver

P.S. Thank you for commenting on my handwriting if you already did so. (Written on Mr. Henry’s Wall of Notes-to-Self)

Hello Mr. Henry, and to my fellow sisters,

On December 5th, a girl named Yuri Kwon was born. I was the girl, but dropped at an orphanage, unwanted. A man brought light into my world and adopted me as a daughter. Was I always treated like a daughter? No, not really. Something had blocked my sunlight, but I’m not going to say any names because this letter is already sad enough. I have decided by my own decisions to leave this household because there is something too much to bear. Please send lots of love and kisses, although, I do not know where we will journey upon next.

XOXO, Yuri Kwon/Hesiver

(Written on Mr. Henry’s old adventure notebook that I’m sure he’ll see this in)

To Mr. Henry, and the “Golden Heart” sisters,

I have spent fourteen good years at this household. I’m very certain that I had a nice fourteen years of life here. Nothing can ruin it-besides an incident that just happened last night. The direction I will be going is correct, and that I am sure of. (I’m also sorry that this farewell letter was very short)

From your Dancing Queen, Hyoyeon Kim/Hesiver

(Written on a three pieces of Post-It notes stuck to Jennifer’s bedroom door)

Hello my true family that always cared for me,

It is truly sad that I actually have to leave my wonderful family that: never gave me up even though maybe I ate a lot and grew weight, treated me like a rag that they use for cleaning, and never took care of me even though I was always right there in front of them. This family did well, kind of. But, I have to say that sad news has appeared upon us so I must leave. It was a nice event in a lifetime to experience.

I’ll miss you my dearest family, Sooyoung Choi/Hesiver

(Written on Harper’s diary, sorry for wasting paper and unlocking it without your permission)

Greetings Mr. Henry, Jenny, Harperella

Well, leaving you at a very young age, I’m shell-shocked. I know I am just twelve, I can’t live without you guys, and it’s a nightmare. But, maybe it’s the decision I think my instincts are telling me to go where I will go.

*Blows kisses*, Seohyun Seo/Hesiver

 (Your youngest daughter/sister)

(Written on my Family Book, left on the table. I guess…I won’t be using the book for a long time so I left it here)

Hello Mr. Daddy (I always wanted to call you that, but not in front of Jenny), Jennifer, Harper,

It’s Sica, your Ice Princess. It’s very sad to leave this amazing family right now, it’s truly sad; I’m telling the truth. I wish that we could’ve spent more time together. I hope that you continue growing (Jennifer and Harper) with Mr. Daddy. You will grow healthier, prettier, stronger, and happier along the way as you grow up with Mr. Daddy. You have to promise me that you’ll have more fun times, right? Jennifer, and Harper: you are two very lucky girls: spend your time wisely.

Your Ice Princess,

Jessica Jung/Hesiver

(Written on my To-Clean list)

Annyeong Mr. Henry Hesiver, Jennifer Ali Hesiver, and Harper Charms Hesiver:

Well, am I jealous, I haven’t grown up with you for fourteen years. I met this special family two months ago, but accidents struck. I know I am leaving earlier than usual, a lot earlier. I hope that maybe, by time, we’ll meet each other again. My heart is telling me to follow the right direction, and I think I am-with my sisters. This is just a start to a new beginning I want to experience again.

Taeyeon Kim/Hesiver

(Written on Jennifer’s borrowed MacBook, left in my old, wonderful room)

P.S. Boy, will I miss my wonderful room…

A week later…

 

I thank you for the very important letter, girls. Um…I realize your decision, and I understand it as well. I will truly miss you girls, you were the best thing of my life besides er…Jennifer and Harper. I wished you gave us a second chance, but I realize it is too late to confirm anything. Well, I wish you luck on your future careers and always remember Mr. Daddy in your heart. I have sent this to Jennifer and Harper so they can send this too you. Please send back ASAP. I miss you guys so much already :( (Harper taught me the sad face)

Yours truly,

Mr. Daddy/Mr. Hesiver/Mr. Henry/ Henry Hesiver

Jennifer threw the letter into one of Chicago’s sewers, and it was lost in there forever…with all the other yucky stuff in that sewer. The girls never received the letter nor read it, meaning that they had always thought that their once dad was just like Jennifer, selfish and all and not caring about the girls’ farewell letters.

Author's Note: Annyeong! Thank you for the 19 views (so far), it's probably not a lot, but it means a lot. Anywho, I actually wrote this in Microsoft Word 2011, and copied and pasted it onto AFF. The fonts are much different, but if you wanted to know whose fonts it was on the actual Microsoft Word, here it is.

All text: Avenir Light

Tiffany's handwriting/font: Brush Script MT

Sunny's handwriting/font: Chalkduster (Her font will change because it was written on a chalkboard)

Yoona's handwriting/font: Edwardian Script ITC

Yuri's handwriting/font: Harrington

Hyoyeon's handwriting/font: Noteworthy Light

Sooyoung's handwriting/font: Zapfino

Seohyun's handwriting/font: Nueva STD Italic

Jessica's handwriting/font: Giddyup STD

Taeyeon's handwriting/font: Apple Chancery