whispers in the corner;

Stupid Bastard. {Book 1: BIM Trilogy}

 

Chapter 1

 

     It was 7 o’clock in the morning when I got up from my bed and here I am drawing on my sketchbook at the school’s rooftop. It is my favorite place since no one goes here even if it’s lunch. As I finish my drawing, I kept my things back on my bag and went down to go to my classes. “Elaine!”

     I looked behind me to see two of my friends here in school. I gave them a smile. It’s not that I’m not friendly or what but I just don’t seem to trust people easily. The three of us walked to our classroom and everyone is looking at us. Yes, we’re quite famous in our school but we don’t really want attention.

     The room was filled with voices when we heard that we won’t be having any teacher for an hour or two. “Have you heard of the news? It’s out! We should buy the album like later?” Hannah said. Once this topic comes up, the three of us just had lightened our mood. We love a lot of stuffs but this one thing made us really lively. Well, not only us but so do our classmates. As they heard Hannah’s voice, it became the talk of the room.

neoreul mannamyeon nunmul cha olla

babo gateun nan amu mal moshae

malhaejwo meri meri keuriseumaseu, annyeong jal jinaeneungeoji

     Everyone looked at me when they heard the sound of my phone. Hannah took my phone and played the song I last listened to. Every one sang to that song. Our classmate, Bryan, brings his guitar every day. Honestly, our class seems a musical everyday. Well, it’s fun that way.

     Two hours later, the bell rung and everyone was excited leaving. Oh come on, who wouldn’t? “Hannah, Elaine! Let’s go?” Marielle asked excitedly. The three of us laughed and went to our favorite music store. It’s just two rides from school which is near Hannah’s house so we kind of always stay there.

     We looked through the shelves and saw the album we’ve been waiting for…”Miracles in December”. I screamed seeing the music video on the screen of the store. I started fangirling again seeing Chen. He is actually not my bias but he is definitely my only bias wrecker.

     “There goes Elaine again spazzing over ‘her’ Chen.” Marielle said with the quotation mark gesture. We took the album but went around the store before paying and leaving. This is where we usually stay after class. One fact is we have three hangout places.

     We finally bought the album and stayed at Hannah’s house we kept looking through the photobook and laughing and spazzing over the picture. Oh, how cute they are in here. I went to the yard of Hannah’s house and since this is a subdivision, it’s a secured place.

     At a corner, I heard voices of boys which made me a little bit…scared? Well, not really. The voices were so familiar. I wanted to think that what I’m thinking is true but no assumptions first. I went out of Hannah’s house quietly and checked the corner near her house. What?

     There is no one around b-but what did I just hear? I’m sure I was not hallucinating. I just know it. Since I didn’t find out whose voices were those, I planned on going back to the house. “Ah! You shocked me. What are you doing here?” I shouted.

     “What am I doing here? Elaine, what are you doing here? Why did you go out all of a sudden? Marielle and I thought you’ve been I don’t know, kidnapped... for going out? Haha! Let’s go in and have some snacks.” I was relieved that it was only Hannah who tapped my back but I am not yet satisfied of what happened earlier. Whose voices were those in the corner?

     “Snacks are ready! Well, it’s not really snacks. Spaghetti!” Hannah said with joy. She seldom cooks, you know? We headed to the dining room and ate spaghetti as much as we want to. It’s only the three of us here anyway. Sleepover… yes.

     “Oh my, love it. You should try cooking other kinds of food you know! You might be a chef someday. Haha! Why do you not like cooking?” I asked. Hannah just gave a smile and said nothing. It’s just not her thing.

     “Guys, I’ll just be buying food for dinner. I’ll be back.” I told the two and went out but I heard noises same as earlier. Who are they? I see silhouettes in the corner. There are three. I’m not sure but their figures are familiar like their voices.

     I ended up not minding it because maybe, just maybe, I am really hallucinating. I went toward the restaurant inside this subdivision and bought three meals for the three of us. We are lazy cooking today so we’ll give ourselves a break. Yeah, being the eldest, I have to be the one buying.

     As I walk on the footway, I saw the silhouettes again which gave me goosebumps this time. Sunset is almost over so that means it’s getting dark and I’m alone. I fastened my walking and heard whispers as I reached the gate. I was really getting goosebumps of those mysterious silhouettes. Who exactly are they?

     I hurried to the dining room and I think they’ve noticed since my goosebumps are really seen right now. “What’s going on?” So I told them what I saw from this morning until just now.

     “I am creep out now. Honestly. Since we came, I heard whispers in the corner beside your house. I don’t know if I’m hallucinating or what.” I thought to myself… If I was hallucinating why was it since noon ‘til sundown?

     “It’s that why you were so nervous when I tapped your back?” Hannah asked. I nodded as a response. Am I really hallucinating? I can’t be. That is like the last thing that can happen to me.

     “I think you’re not Elaine. I heard whispers too just when you left. I saw a little of a silhouette too. They seem familiar though.” Marielle said which made me relieved thinking I’m not hallucinating.

     “Is that always happening around here?” Marielle asked out of curiosity and looked at Hannah. “Not really, just recently when we started hanging out here, I guess.” So does this mean something or it’s just one big imagination of ours.

     “Wait! What? Seems familiar, you say? That’s what I thought too! They must be someone we know but there isn’t anyone who hold grudges on us right?” I asked and the two agreed.

     So really, who own those three silhouettes and those voices in the corner?

 



 

Hi! How was chapter 1? So, who do you think own those silhouettes? It's kind of short tho. This is actually an introduction to the story so there'll be longer chapters for the following. Well, not all okay? Haha! All of these are imaginations okay? None is real except for the names. They're people whom I'm close with so yeah. Imagine yoursleves as them! Please do give feedbacks so I would know your opinions.

Lovelots~

 

14 more days until Christmas