I Love You

⋮ Kids' Love⋮

"Yoseob. Yoseobie. Wake up." Yoseob who was dreaming of ice creams opened his round big eyes as he heard someone calling him. He blinked. "Umma?" he asked. "You need to go to kindergarten. Come on." Mrs Yang helped him sit up on the bed. Yoseob rubbed his eyes and yawned. "Aigoo." Mrs Yang chuckled at his cuteness. "Can you say it again? Where do I need to go?" Yoseob asked, fully awake. "To kindergarten, baby." 

His eyes sparkled at the word 'kindergarten'. Yoseob was a boy who never enjoyed studying. On the first day in kindergarten, he refused to go into the classroom. Instead, he sat on the floor and cried there all day long, not moving an inch. But Mrs Yang had no idea on why did Yoseob got excited when it's time to go to kindergarten these days. 

Without being told, Yoseob took off his Winnie the Pooh pyjamas and rushed into the bathroom, not forgetting to take his Angry Birds towel. Mrs Yang just shook her head at the overexcited boy before going downstairs to cook breakfast. Whilecooking, she could hear her son's voice. "Neo ddaemuningeol! Neon moyeuneungeol!" His cute voice sang. Mrs Yang laughed.

"Hey singer! Come here and eat or you will be late." She called. Yoseob's small legs ran down the stairs. He ran to his mother and hugged her. "Umma! Do I look good?" He asked, showing her the clothes he was wearing. Mrs Yang nodded. "You always look good in my eyes!" She said and gently pinched his chubby cheeks. Yoseob giggled.

"Appa!" Yoseob called as he saw Mr Yang walking down the stairs. Mr Yang carried Yoseob in his arms. "Appa, aren't you going to work?" Yoseob asked, confused as his father was still in the pyjamas. "I took a day off so that I can play with you today." Mr Yang said. "Yeay!" Yoseob cheered. 

 

-At the kindergarten-

After being kissed on both cheeks by his parents, Yoseob walked into the classroom. The teacher was not in the classroom. Yoseob pouted. "Yoseob!" Yoseob heard his name being called. He looked around and saw his best friend, Gikwang, waving at him. Yoseob grinned and ran towards Gikwang. He put his bag on the small chair before sitting down on it. Gikwang turned to his right and beamed. "I was so bored just now." He pouted. "Mian."

Yoseob apologized."Yoseob, why do you keep being his friend?" A big fat boy stood in front of them, followed by two skinny boys. "He is my friend! And I am not a bully like you! I don't do sins like you! And Gikwang is better than you! He is not as fat as you! Your tummy looks like it's gonna explode!" Yoseob said and stuck his tongue out. "What did you say?!" The fat boy went to Yoseob, grabbed his collar and punched Yoseob right on his face.

Yoseob fell on the floor. The pain was too much for him to bear with, so he cried. He had blood on the corner of his lips. Gikwang's eyes widened in shock and he quickly went to Yoseob. He asked Yoseob if he was okay but was answered by Yoseob's teary eyes. A girl saw him getting punched so she quickly called the teacher.The girl went into the classroom with the teacher. The teacher saw Yoseob crying on the floor so she ran to him. 

"What happened?" She asked. "Saem!" Yoseob hugged her tightly, scared. The teacher named Lee Jieun looked at the children. "Saem, Eunkwang punched him! Yoseob was just defending me from getting bullied." Gikwang explained as tears ran down his cheeks. Jieun looked at Eunkwang. "Seo Eunkwang! Why did you punch him?!" She asked. "He said I am fat and my tummy looks like it will explode!" Eunkwang said, defending himself. "But still! You can't hit him!" Jieun yelled at him.

She caressed Yoseob's hair. "Let's go treat your face, okay?" She looked at Yoseob. Yoseob was still crying. She sighed and got up. Yoseob stretched his arms, signalling her to carry him. "So spoiled." Eunkwang said, earning a glare from Jieun. 

 

-At the sick bay-

 

Gikwang tagged along with them because he was also scared of Eunkwang. He kept saying sorry to Yoseob and Yoseob told him that it's okay. Yoseob had stopped crying. Jieun kissed Yoseob's forehead before looking into his eyes. "Saem is sorry okay? I should've come earlier." Jieun said. "It's okay, saem. I am already big enough." Yoseob said and smiled proudly. 

"Saem. I have something to tell you." Yoseob shyly said. Jieun looked at him, confused. "I... I love you." Yoseob said and looked on the floor. Jieun's eyes widened. "Will you be my girlfriend? If you won't then, it's fine. I understand. I know I am not good enough for y--" "I will." Jieun cut him off. "R-Really?!" Yoseob blinked. She nodded. Yoseob laughed and hugged her. Gikwang giggled. 

"Who taught you those romantic words?" Jieun chuckled. Yoseob blushed. "Television." Yoseob had the saddest day in his life that day and also the happiest day in his life on the same day. I think he wouldn't be able to sleep well tonight. 

 

 

 

The End. 

 

---

Thank you for those who subscribed to this story. I hope you like it. While writing this story, suddenly this came into my mind. 'Age actually doesn't matter as long as we love each other.' No matter what others want to say, let them. Not like love would disappear. Anyway, thank you again! Thank you so much! Enjoy!