Part 1

Let it snow, let it snow!

A/N: They say "Mieux vaut tard que jamais" so... >.< I'm really sorry, but December-January weren't the best months... I'm failing some classes and I was denied to the school I wanted to attend so I've been pretty depressed :/ I decided to split it in two-parts so that you guys could at least get something before like February... Promise I'll finish this before winter ends haha

 

So sorry, but here it goes!

 

Day 1

 

Jiyong was now standing in his really, messy room. What do you even wear to ski? Ugh. Whatever, leggings under skinny jeans should do. He put on his black parka, his brown Sorel boots, his burgundy scarf and grabbed a beanie that was laying on his bookshelf. He finished packing his suitcase (because 3 days required more than a simple pair of jeans and t-shirts) and headed outside. Soohyuk was waiting for him in his car.

 

“You know, this is a ski trip, not a fashion show.” Jiyong rolled his eyes at the comment.

 

“You’re supposed to drive, not make dumb comments.”

 

“Yes master.”

 

“Where’s Jonghyun?” Jiyong asked, realizing that their third member was missing.

 

“Well, I thought we’d pick him up last since his house is on the way to the school.”

 

“Oh, yeah.”

 

“Buckle up, ladies and gentlemen, the ride is about t-“

 

“Soohyuk?”

 

“Yes?”

 

“Shut up.” Jiyong said with a smile.

 

 

*

 

“Okay guys, the bus just got here. Pick a person to sit with and let’s go!” Their teacher announced.

 

“Let’s go Soohyuk!” Jiyong started walking towards the bus.

 

“Woah there, Soohyukie is sitting with me today.” Jonghyun put his arm around Soohyuk’s neck.

 

“And who am I supposed to sit with?” Jiyong whined.

 

Jonghyun looked at Soohyuk and they exchanged a small nod.

 

“HEY SEUNG, COME HERE FOR A SEC!” Jonghyun shouted to the boy in question.

 

Seunghyun turned around and started walking towards the trio.

 

Jiyong realized what they were doing and suddenly didn’t feel the cold air anymore. His cheeks were burning and his heart was racing.

 

“What are you doing? This is so embarrassing.” He whispered at Jonghyun.

 

“You find the guy cute and I’m just trying to help you!”

 

“How is this supposed to help me?”

 

“Look, we’re all off to college next year. I say you take every chance you get to spend time with him. Life’s too short to be shy.”Jonghyun patted his shoulder.

 

“Hey guys, what’s up?” Seunghyun interrupted their conversation.

 

“Jiyong doesn’t have anyone to sit with.” Soohyuk explained.

 

“Oh, wanna sit with me then?” Seunghyun looked at Jiyong with a small smile.

 

“Y-yeah, I’d like that, if you don’t mind of course...” Jiyong was, once again, blushing.

 

“Of course I don’t mind! Come on, let’s go!” Seunghyun smiled and they all made their way to the bus.

 

*

 

“Wanna sit near the window?” Seunghyun asked.

 

Jiyong nodded, keeping his head low so that his scarf could hide the bottom half of his face.

 

“Are you okay? You seem nervous. Is it because you’ve never skied before?”

 

No. It’s because you’re sitting next to me and your stupid face is all I can think about.

 

“Yeah, I’m a bit nervous because last time I skied was a total disaster. Sports aren’t really my thing.”

 

“Why aren’t sports your thing?” Seunghyun asked, curious.

 

“It’s just that I know I’m not good at sports. My parents made me try all sorts of sports: soccer, football, basketball, baseball… I can’t kick, can’t throw and can’t hit. They made me try skiing once… I ended up at the hospital and left with a cast on my right leg. Never tried to ski since then.” Jiyong sighed.

 

“This year will be a lot more fun. I won’t let you hurt yourself, I promise. I really hope to change your mind about skiing.”

 

“Don’t get your hopes up.” Jiyong looked at Seunghyun for the first time since they got on the bus and gave him a shy smile.

 

“We’ll see about that.” Seunghyun answered. Jiyong swore he saw a slight smirk on the beautiful boy’s lips.

 

 

 

*

 

 

“Okay guys, I’ll assign you a room partner now.” Their teacher said.

 

They all nodded and waited for their names to be called.

 

Jiyong was silently praying that he wouldn’t end up sharing a room with Seunghyun because it basically meant going into cardiac arrest. Please don’t make me room with Seunghyun. Please don’t make me room with Seunghyun. Please don’t m-

 

“Jiyong and Seunghyun, room 508.” His teacher’s voice echoed in his ear.

 

Huh? No.

 

“Ji? Earth to Jiyong?” Seunghyun quickly waved his hand in front of his face.

 

“Yeah?”

 

“We should hurry upstairs, drop our stuff and get back here.”

 

“Oh, yeah, we should.” He answered, still not registering what was happening.

 

When they finally got to their room, it hit him. He was going to spend two nights with Seunghyun. When they opened the door, Jiyong realized with absolute horror that there was only one bed.

 

“I hope you don’t move too much when you sleep.” Seunghyun said before throwing himself on the bed.”Aah, yes, perfect.”

 

“D-don’t you want to call the reception and tell them they made a mistake? I-I mean, huh, it’s just that-“ Jiyong stammered.

 

“Why trouble them? Jiyong, I’ve known you for three years now. I think I trust you enough not to kill me in my sleep.” Seunghyun stood up and walked towards the door. ”Let’s go! We don’t want to be late.”

 

Jiyong was left speechless and had no option but to follow the taller boy.

 

 

*

 

 

“I’m not getting on that thing. Nuhuh, no way.” Jiyong said while looking at the chairlift.

 

“Ji, come on. How are we supposed to get on the mountain then?”

 

“I’m going to fall and die.”

 

“No you’re not.” Seunghyun took Jiyong’s hand and dragged him in line. When their turn arrived, Jiyong closed his eyes and felt the chair hit the back of his thigh. He sat and slowly opened his eyes. Seunghyun was still holding his hand and had a smile on his face.

 

“See, it’s not so bad is it?”

 

Jiyong nodded but refused to look at his feet.

 

“I’m sorry for being such a coward. I’m scared of almost everything.”

 

“What? You’re not a coward. You’re brave enough to try skiing again after your traumatic experience. That’s pretty courageous.” Seunghyun answered and Jiyong couldn’t help the grin that grew on his face. A comfortable silence settled between them.

 

“Seunghyun?”

 

“Yes?”

 

“Isn’t it time to get off, like now?”

 

“Oh, yes. Ready?”

 

 

 

*

 

Turned out Jiyong wasn’t so bad at skiing. Sure he fell a lot and his would hurt a lot the next day but at least he had fun. Seunghyun was there the whole time, teaching him tricks, encouraging him and helping him get up. It was finally time to return to the resort. Soohyuk and Jonghyun were waiting for them at the bottom of the hill.

 

“So, how was it? Is Jiyong as bad as he thinks?” Asked Soohyuk.

 

“I don’t see a broken leg or arm so…  I think it went fine.” Added Jonghyun.

 

“Ha.ha. I had a lot of fun and maybe skiing isn’t the worst sport ever.” Jiyong answered.

 

“Told you I’d change your mind.” Seunghyun said looking at Jiyong.

 

“Yeah, you were right.” He had a small smile on his lips.

 

*

 

The four of them decided to have dinner (which consisted of instant noodles) in Soohyuk’s room. While Seunghyun and Jonghyun were busy watching TV, Jiyong dragged Soohyuk out in the hallway.

 

“What’s wrong Ji?”

 

“Can I please sleep here tonight? They made a mistake and we only have one bed in our room.”

 

“Did Seunghyun say something about it?”

 

“No but-“

 

“Then no, you can’t stay here. Like Jonghyun said, grab all the opportunities you have to be with him before school ends.” Soohyuk lightly patted his shoulder before going back to their friends.

 

“Can we call it a night guys? I’m dead tired and I really need to take a shower.” Jonhyun said, yawning.

 

“Same here, let’s go Jiyong!” Seunghyun got up and Goodnight, see you tomorrow were exchanged.

 

When the boys got to their room, Jiyong started to panic.

 

“Do you want to shower first?” Asked Seunghyun.

 

“Y-you go first.”

 

“Okay, see you later.”