Hostage

Hostage - Sunggyu

The clouds filled the sky, filtering the sunlight and dulling the atmosphere as you walked outside, heading to a lunch with Sunggyu, you had an extra bounce to your step. Happily you watched your surroundings, a little girl skipped next to her father as he mimicked her skipping, singing with her as they moved down the street. An elderly couple shared a cup of coffee in the cafe as school girls walked down the street, giggling as they shared their music with one another.

A smile happily appeared on your face, but before long, sirens pierced the air as lights flashed and reflected off of the glass as everyone on the streets took cover but you. Trying to figure out where the danger was coming from, you saw a man quickly run from the shop in front of you with a burlap sack in his hands as it swung as he ran. Police cars swerved and turned around as the store owner ran with him as long as he could before falling to the ground.

With your heart racing, you turned around and started to run, images flashed in your head of the worst scenario that could happen, sliding into an alley way, you rested your back against the brick wall as sirens became louder and louder as shuffled steps soon rounded the corner. A cold hand was placed over your mouth while his body pressed up against yours. The sirens blared off as they passed you and began to fade into the distance. The body moved away from yours as your eyes met his.

"You have seen too much." His deep voice said as his cold eyes started back at you. Reaching into his pocket he jabbed something into your upper arm as your vision began to get blurry before you passed out unconscious.

Sunggyu waited patiently at the restaurant, sitting at a table all alone as he sipped on his water while he waited for you to arrive. Checking his phone occasionally, he just let it drop to the table in frustration as you were about a half an hour late. His eyes wondered around as he picked up his phone and dialed your number.

"This person is not available at the moment…." The strange machined lady said as to collect message.

"Where is she?" Sunggyu snarled under his breath as his fingers traced up and down with the condensation on the glass leaving some designs as he let his mind wonder.

Trying your number one more time, his attention soon got captured by the news as the newscaster introduced the breaking news.

"A robbery happened on 5th and Lake Ave. as the man came running out. The police followed him as he seemed to catch a young lady, capturing her as his hostage for witnessing the horrible crime." Sunggyu then listened back to the ring tone as the automated lady came on again. Hanging up the call, Sunggyu began to think as he came to discover that that place that was robbed was little under a block away from your work place.

Where are you _______? I am so worried right now. Please tell me where you are!

Sunggyu worriedly typed a few more messages as he bit his lip wondering what is keeping you. He waited a few hours at the restaurant before retreating to his place.

As he opened the door to his apartment, he walked to the counter before tossing his keys against the counter as they jingled with their contact before his phone vibrated. Quickly, he took out his phone as it seemed like there was a message from you.

I see that you saw the news. Come to the only apartment complex that has the 148th room.

Sunggyu knew something was up as this wasn’t tone that you used and that you didn’t answer any of his previous questions.

"I think your boyfriend is on his way." The man said as he took off his gloves throwing your phone down next to you, yet just out of reach.

"What do you want from us any ways." You snarled as you pulled against the ropes that were holding your arms around a pillar in the middle of the apartment room that you were in.

"I told you before, baby. You saw too much. Now I have to do something to make sure that I don’t get caught." He said with a disturbing tone as his fingers trailed up your arms as his eyes scanned over your body. Picking up your feet, that were clasped together, you kicked him hard in the stomach as he was being distracted by you. He flew a couple feet away from you as he held his stomach in awe as a snarling smile came onto his lips.

"Ah so you are a feisty fighter." He smiled as he walked over to his bed, pulling a cloth from his bed before he wrapped it around his hands tightly. Moving back over to you, you clenched your jaw together before he leaned over you and forced your mouth open, sliding the cloth between your teeth and tightly tying it behind your head.

"Eat that princess." He said as he held your knees tightly between your hands before his hands began to caress them. Fidgeting around, you tried to yell the but the cloth in your mouth quieted your cries.

Just under an hour, Sunggyu had found the only hotel with that many rooms. Grabbing his jacket, he left quickly as his ran to the location. The temperatures began to drop as there were fewer and fewer people out of the streets. Sunggyu could see his breath as he watched the street signs as he ran to you.

Groaning in pain, you tried to sit up as he just knelt on your ribs with all of his body weight.

"Why do you want my boyfriend here if I am the one who saw the crime?" You whimpered out as he thought you deserved another hit to your face.

"I can’t have him asking question about you, now can I?" He said before he stood up and kicked your spine. Arching your back, silent tears fell from your eyes as he moved over to the dresser. Pulling out something from one of the drawers, he loaded it into the waist of his pants before grabbing something else and putting it right next to the other thing.

Stopping just short of the extremely tall building, Sunggyu caught his breath and built his courage for anything that he had to face to get you out. Walking into the lobby, he gained his composure as he looked at the listing of all the people in the rooms. Having to choose one before he could enter, he rubbed the back of his neck as he turned around and took a deep breath to clear his mind.

Taking out his phone, he looked at the only reply message that he received. Comparing the message to the room numbers he unlocked the next puzzle piece, connecting it to the whole.

148th

"That is the room number." Sunggyu mumbled as he pressed the button next to the room number. A buzzing came from the button as he looked into the camera above his head with a speaker looking at him straight in the face.

A ring came from the wall as he let your head fall as he released his hands from your hair as he walked over to the wall.

"Who is this?" The man snarled as he looked at Sunggyu

"I believe that you have someone that is mine." Sunggyu said trying to sound inconspicuous.

"Come in if you dare." The man threatened as he held the button for Sunggyu to come upstairs if he took the chance.

Sunggyu pushed open the gate and made his way to the stairs as the camera shut off, leaving a black screen.

"Looks like your boyfriend is coming to you, baby." The man said as you just laid there exhausted on the floor. "Answer me!" He shouted as he kicked your stomach as you coughed violently leaving blood coming out of your lips.

"That is a pretty color." He said as his fingers ran against your lips as he took something out from his pocket. Your vision was already blurry from all the abuse as you saw it catch the light as you bit your tongue and let the foreign object stab into your side before he moved the object around inside of you before pulling it out.

Whining in pain, you felt your grip on life soon fade as he kissed your head softly, wishing you sweet dreams before answering the knock on the door. Lifting your eyes with your dwindling energy, you saw Sunggyu standing there as he was taller than the man that took you hostage. Fighting your eyes from closing they fell anyways, leaving your world completely black.

"Where is she?" Sunggyu said as the man looked at him with a pleased glint in his eye.

"She is taking a little rest, but you shouldn’t bother her." The man said as Sunggyu huffed, placing his hands on his hips he looked over the short man’s shoulders as he saw you on the ground with blood and dirt covering your slashed clothes.

"I think I should." Sunggyu said as he forced himself inside. The man took the other item from his belt as he held it, aiming towards Sunggyu’s back.

With Sunggyu’s ears attuned to any danger, he turned around quickly bringing the man into a head lock with the gun down by his leg. The man looked up at him with a snarl curling on his lips as he pulled the trigger. Sunggyu let his grip falter as he grabbed onto the nearest chair to keep him from falling over.

"You think that I didn’t plan on you trying to win me over?" He said with a cocky tone as Sunggyu looked down at his leg, a bullet wound in his thigh, blood trickled down from the hole as he looked over his shoulder at you.

Taking off his jacket he wrapped it tightly around his leg to catch the blood. Hobbling over to you, he saw your shallow breathing rise and fall as more blood stained your lips. Looking up at the man, he hobbled over there before decking him in the jaw. Falling on top of him Sunggyu threw his punches as he loudly and strictly talked to him on how he treated his girl, you.

Throwing Sunggyu off of him, he grabbed a glass frame and slammed it against Sunggyu’s back as he collapsed on the ground.

"That is how we get things done." He said before patting his hands and leaving the room in a state of disrepair.

With all of this commotion, the neighbors below him called the cops telling them to hurry.

Sunggyu moved off of the ground and crawled over to you as he pet your head softly.

"Miahae _______, Mianhae." Tears rolled down his cheeks. Leaning his head against the column, he untied your hands and ankles carefully as he inspected your stab wound. Removing the jacket from around his leg, he carefully tied it around you as he applied pressure to the wound. With the searing pain of his thigh occupying his mind, he closed his mind as he twirled your hair between his fingers.

Within minutes, officers busted through the door with their guns drawn as they saw the two of you together. The other officers outside detained the man who captured you and robbed the store as they called for an ambulance.

Sunggyu came back as he opened his eyes to muffled sirens and the shifting of a car ride. Looking over at you, he watched your vitals as they began to falter and become unstable. The medics quickly took action as he closed his eyes.

Doctors rushed around both of you as they ran you through several tests before tending to your wounds. Sunggyu regained conscientiousness quickly as they wrapped his thigh, after the bullet removal. You laid on a bed surrounded by doctors and nurses as his ears tuned into your machine.

A buzz came from it as a man quickly started shocking you and then giving you compressions. The air caught in Sunggyu’s throat as he stumbled over to your bed.

The place seemed to go quiet as Sunggyu laid his forehead against yours, petting your head softly, just like he used to do when he would help you sleep, he gently kissed your skin as tears ran down his face and fell onto yours.

"Please don’t leave me, I just found you." He said as the doctors stopped and looked at the monitor as a non consistant beep came from the machine. Injecting more things into you, they pried Sunggyu away from you as they re hooked him back up to the machines as he put his hands over his face, covering his tears from being shown.

Night fell upon the hospital as Sunggyu looked out the small window from the large room that he was in. Remembering how your eyes always looked like the stars and your smile was just as soothing as the moon. Rolling his head into his hand, he sighed sadly as the other people in his room snored and slept peacefully.

Light caught Sunggyu’s eyes as he rolled his head to the other side as he watched a bed roll into the room. It was covered with a blanket as monitors rolled in with the person. The empty spot next to Sunggyu was filled with the new addition tot he room. The nurses worked hard and hooked the person up to the machines before smiling at Sunggyu. One of the nurses came over and leaned over to whisper in his ear.

"We were going to put her in a different room, but she wasn’t recovering so we brought her here since she seemed to do better when she was right next to you." She said with a smile as Sunggyu pushed his body up from the bed as he saw your battered face next to his.

"Can you move her bed closer to mine?" Sunggyu asked as the nurses complied, moving the bed closer to his. Sunggyu’s hand gently laced with yours as he looked at your tired figure.

"Sweet dreams Jagiya." He slowly placed his lips on the back of your hand as your eyes opened slowly. Your throat was too dry to talk as to all of the tubes that they put down your throat.

Slowly moving your fingers around his hand, he looked up at you as you smiled with your eyes. Sunggyu beamed as he called in the nurses, they checked you out making sure that you were ok. Before long you were alone with Sunggyu.

"I love you." Sunggyu said, scared that he might not get to say it to you again after seeing you on the ground. Blinking your eyes slowly, your eyes began to drop against your eyes as you started to fall asleep. Now in the presence of your hero, and your love. Nothing could stop you two from getting better and making a full recovery.