Final

Stay

"Sehun-ah~ How are you, my baby?" Chaeri said over the phone, she herself did not expect much from her boyfriend, Sehun. She knew Sehun is tired during the call.She is also happy at the same time because she finally got to talk to her boyfriend. He had such a tight schedule since 'Growl's promotion has started. Their phone calls also lessen throughout the promotion days. Now they have EXO’s Showtime which means even less phone calls after schedule.

"I'm fine ~ I miss you, jagi." Sehun managed to put up a ear to ear smile even after a tiring day. He plopped down on his bed while mouthing ' Hyung~' and pointing to his phone with his finger signalling Joon Myeon to go out of the room for a while. Joon Myeon nodded and left the room.

"I miss you too ! By the way baby, I just got my reviews posted up on the net just yesterday and I've received so many great comments about my work ! Shall we celebrate together tomorrow? " She said excitingly at first but slowly faded at the last question.

"Woah, my jagi is the best ! Well done my love ! Applause for jagi !" He congratulated the excited girl whom he love so much, imagining the girl smiling as wide as he is right then at the other end of the phone. 

"Thank you ! Have you been eating well ? " She continues even when Sehun ignored the question. Maybe he didn't hear well because everyone know his deafness sometimes,or he just knew he have no time for her. 

"Yeah, of course ! Joon Myeon hyung treats us well ~" He answered. The conversation went on for about an hour, they keep changing words like 'How's life', 'how's work',etc. The phone call ended with Chaeri stating she is tired. It was late night already because that is the only time Sehun can talk to her over the phone.Chaeri ended the call and sighed. She crawled up to her bed and cuddled against the extra pillow that Sehun used to sleep on long time ago when he can go over her apartment sometimes.

"I wish you were here." She mumured as she driffed off to her dreamland.

The next morning, she was awoke by the rays of light shone into her room. A few knocks were heard from the other side of the door.

"Yah, Park Chaeri ! Wake up already, we agreed to go buy groceries today, remember ?" Yoorin, her housemate knocked on the door again. Chaeri rolled her body off the bed, only to fall on the ground with a loud thud. She did not get enough sleep since she was on the phone with Sehun the previous night. She reached up her hand to her phone on her night stand to check on the time. It was 10.00am already. Her eyes widen and she immediatly jumped off the blanket and ran out the room straight to the bathroom. Yoorin was shocked with her speed when Chaeri came out and passed by her, knocked her at the shoulder,straight to the bathroom like a ninja.


Chaeri did her daily routine like usual. She would wake up early in the morning, get dressed in time to catch up with the sub she had to take to college for class so that she wouldn't be late. After class, she would gather with her coursemate at the cafeteria. After lunch, she would rush to her part time job at a famous coffee shop near the S.M. Entertaiment. Sometimes, she feel so great and happy because she fill her days productively even if it is tired. She would arranged time between her college life and part time job at the coffee shop. She even could put Sehun at the back of her mind, so that she would be bothered by missing him too much anymore because of her workload. 

“Omo, they are in here ! They are behind our line, oh my god. What to do? ” said a customer to her friend at the counter before she place her order to Chaeri. She didn’t care because it is normal to have artist from SM to come over sometimes, she somehow got used to it. Her eyes then attracted to a blond haired tall boy entered the coffee shop and sat with his mates at the nearest table to the counter. She knew him. The way he walked and the way he would sit down on the chair.

She smiled a little and got back to her customer.

“Chaeri-ah~ Didn’t know you work here though ! One Iced Americano please” Luhan recognized her as soon as he saw Chaeri.

“Unlike someone who knew…” Chaeri muttered to herself as her expression changes.

“Sorry ?” Luhan heard her mutter.

“Ah, nothing. Just repeating your order while keying it in.” she forced a smile. She continues her job and hand him his order. She glanced over to their table and then back to the counter. ‘Maybe it is because of the fans here. It’s fine, Chaeri.’ she thought in her mind. After her shift at the coffee shop has ended, she need  to walk to the bus waiting area and then a walking distance to the subway station alone since she has no car. When she walk past the glorious SM Entertaiment, she saw a lot of fans waiting outside beside a big celebrity van outside the building. After a few seconds, EXO members came out from the van and rush to the building. She tip toed to see if Sehun is there. She sees no sight of Sehun so she continue to walk to the bus waiting area.

 

November

"Ah~" She said. Languishing on her bed with her arms and legs wide spread after she took a nice shower. She shift her head to her night stand and saw the framed picture of Sehun and her in his arms, both smilling  happily. She reached out her arm to grab the photo frame, look at it and started to thought of her relationship with Sehun. Her fingers wandered around Sehun's happily smiling face in the photo.

Is their relationship really that strong as she thought ? 

Sehun  weren't always there with her  when she needed him, or she weren't there when Sehun needed her. 

How much has they complete anything fully as a couple dating for a year and a half? 

The truth is that the place in her heart that feels a sense of lacking represents the hole where the relationship goes. It was pretty natural to feel that she miss the person the belongs in her life but what if it wasn't like that ? 

Did they just accustomed to each other's existence already ?'

 Her tears fell from the corner of her eyes, unconsiously. She curled up into a ball on her sides, cried silently. Thinking over and over again about their relationship. The reason why they have became that state of situation. She kept insisting herself not to over thinking about their relationship. She cried herself to sleep that night.

Hours later,Sehun came into the room and saw her sleeping on the bed with her cellphone in hand.

"Silly baby." He smiled, looking upon his small girlfriend curling up into a ball. He took her cellphone away from her hand and place it beside his on the night stand.

'I'm scared of not missing you anymore, I'm scared to live that day.
I'm scared my mind will erase the memory of the day you went away.
I put a lot of trust in you, You said that you were different when you begged me to stay even if you debut and will be busy as hell.'  

Written on a post-its note lying on her night stand. He saw it,lowering down his gaze to the sleeping beauty beside him, showed doleful expression through his eyes.

He shifted his petite girlfriend's body properly, leaned her head carefully onto the pillow.He slowly crawled up under the blanket and slipped his arms around her waist, carefully not to wake her up.

"Sehun, please don't leave me.." said Chaeri as Sehun's figure dwindled away in her dream.

"No,no I'm not leaving you." said Sehun with his deep voice, his arms was already around her waist. Chaeri woke up by his touch, she turned her head to face Sehun.

"Don't mind me, go back to sleep."he place a kiss on her temple as soon as he finished his sentence. Chaeri was taken aback for a while and turn her head back to her side. She smiled a little, linking his arms with hers on her waist. She was fast asleep in the warmth of her boyfriend's embrace from the back.

 


The next morning, Chaeri swung her arm around in her half asleep state and found empty spot next to her. She sighed,'Maybe it was just dream.', she thought. She sat up and stretch up a little. She was about to get up but then noticed something unusual on the night stand. There is two cell phones, and it was definietly Sehun's. Her wan smile curved across her lips, she got up and walked towards her door. The door was opened before she could turn the door knob.  She stare wide eyed at Sehun who is standing at the door. It showed bliss in her eyes, she tip toed to pull him down for a tight hug. His arms naturally place on her waist,she buried her face on the angle of his neck.

“What’s wrong ?” Sehun asked in response, looking down to her. She shooked her head against  his chest. He smiled at her cuteness but he then glanced over her night stand.Releasing her from his arms, he pulled Chaeri  with him out of the room.

“Now, let’s get you wash up so we can enjoy breakfast together. Come on.” Sehun said in nonchalance. She nodded and cling to the hem of his shirt from behind. It’s her habit ever since. He loves that about her, he thinks that is super cute.

While she wash up, he went back to her room. Sitting on the edge of  her bed, he grab the post its note he saw last night and head out of the room to the dining table.

“Where is Yoorin ?” Chaeri sat down opposite Sehun at the dining table.”Who made this ?”she added.

“Yoorin, I think.” Sehun said. They ate the breakfast like nothing had happen the previous night. After a good breakfast, they did the dishes together and sat down at the couch. While cuddling with each other,Sehun then suddenly remembered something.

“Ah, she left you a note with the breakfast just now.” said Sehun as he fish in his pocket to look for the note and handed it to her without looking. Her eyes widen at the note he passed to her.

“What did she say ?” said Sehun flipping channels with the remote control. She grabbed the hem of his shirt again. He smiled, look down at her to find her sobbing a little.

“Why are you crying, baby?” Sehun concerned, bent down to her level and wipe away her tears that was rolling down her cheeks. She showed him the note he passed to her earlier, it was the note that he took from her nightstand.

“I’m sorry, baby. I didn’t mean to-” her lips were sealed with Sehun’s before she could continue her sentence. His fingers caressed her cheeks, giving comfort. He pulled away after a long, sweet kiss and interwined their fingers together.

“No, don’t be. I’m sorry that I weren’t  able to be with you all the time. I feel sad when I saw that because I’m the one who made you feel that way so don’t be sorry.”said Sehun, circling his thumb against her knuckles. She tighten her grips with his fingers and shooked her head,murmured , “I should have some faith on you, not to over think all these..”

“No, no.I’m so sorry, baby. I’ll try to get some time off for you, alright ? I’ll try my best.I promised.” said Sehun, gazing into her eyes before he cupped her faces with both of his hands and gave her a peck on the lips. Chaeri still showed a cheerless expression through her eyes but managed to force a relief smile but she is indeed relief with the promise he made.

“I miss you so much, jagi.” Sehun said, caressing her cheeks.

  Regardless their not so happy morning, they still spend the day to the fullest as he promised. Unfornately, he has to go back to work but after that one day, Chaeri was better than ever.


“Sehun.” said Chaeri, feeling apprehensive about their future since Sehun is going to debut.
“No, don’t leave me. I don’t care. Just stay with me. Please. I love you, Park Chae Ri.” Sehun hugged her tightly as soon as he finished his sentence.  Chaeri can’t help but to stay because she trusted him and loved him so much.

People said it was just puppy love. They certainly did not think their relationship is just a puppy love at their age. After Sehun’s comeback to her that day, she completely ditch the thoughts of leaving Sehun for good anymore. She was more than assure that Sehun will always come back to her, despite the hardship of their relationship. Who asks her to love someone like Sehun so much ?

Chaeri spaced out during work when there is no customer. Her colleage nudged her on the elbow because the supervisor was watching her for a while already since she skipped the other day for Sehun and of course she did not said that was the reason. After her shift has ended that day, as usual she had to walk to the bus station and then to the subway station. She took the same route every day. Walking her way to the bus station, she tugged her hands in her sides pocket of her coat. The autumn wind came blowing causing her eyes to squinted a little and she stopped her steps. She closed her eyes for a little while and when she open her eyes, she was taken aback by the first snow in Korea. She reach up her hands to catch the snowflake, just like a kid. She felt really weird, the snowing come too early this year. Everyone else around her was amused by the early snowing this year as well.She continues to catch the snowflake, watch the snow fall in estatic feeling filled inside her. Someone then grabbed her hands which was in the air trying to catch the snow falling from the sky.

“Hey, don’t catch cold. I will be very worry of you..” he said as he placed his head above hers when he slipped his other arm to her waist. She knew that pair of arms and that deep voice of his. Her lips curved into a moon-shaped smile immediately, it grew to press on her rosy pink cheeks up and revealed her teeth. Their first snow ever together, they watched the first snow together as if they had never seen snow before. Beautiful silence took place. That moment belongs to them and only them.

“First snow together,huh ?” Chaeri broke the silence. Sehun turned her around to face him, helding both her hands. He gazed hard into her eyes which made her blush a little. He leaned down to press a soft kiss on her forehead,then to her lips and whispered : “Yes,I love you.”

 

A/N : Hope you like it ! Leave comments to let me know how is it, please ? Please bear with my bad grammar, punctuation and more. Thanks for reading :)