The Announcement

♫ Mirage ♫ Story Start

---[Breaking] BoA has left SM and plans on opening her own company


     by kpopfever                                                                                                                                               6851 SHARES



It has been revealed that BoA, internationally renowned soloist, has left her company of over 16 years to start a company of her own! The 27 year old superstar confirmed this herself at a press conference just a couple hours ago. She started off by affirming that that the long-running rumor was, in fact, true.

"Hello, this is Kwon Boa. I am here to inform you that I have left SM Entertainment and I am currently in the process of starting my own company. I have no hard feelings towards SM, I simply felt that it was time for me to... graduate in a sense and take the next step in my career.

My company will be named BOAE, Best of Asia Entertainment. I have many staff selected to help me manage the company. We already have a company building and will be holding weekly auditions there for new talent. From now on, I will be making my comeback under BOAE rather than SM. I would like to ask my fans to support me in this decision and to anticipate my next comeback.

Another thing I will ask you to anticipate is the debut of BOAE's first girl group! They will be debuting within the next year and I am sure they will win you over. Please support them and show them lots of love. That's all for now, but I will be sure to keep you updated on BOAE's progress and to deliver you news of our precious group. Thank you for your time."

 


The sound of her own heels clicking against the marble floor only intensified the headache growing within her skull. She hadn't slept for days and there was an endless pile of paperwork waiting for her back in her office. But first, there was something she needed to do... something very important.

Reaching the end of the long hallway, Kwon Boa pushed open a mahogany door and entered "Conference Room 1". She let out a sigh of frustration when she saw the empty room. Grumbling to herself about how she didn't have time for this and how "those two are always late", she walked to the end of the room. Peering out of a window, she gazed down upon the crowd of people milling about below. Ever since she had announced the location of BOAE's headquarters, there had been at least five people down there, waiting to catch a glimpse of a soon to be idol. "Or are they hoping to see me?" She wondered out loud, her voice tinted with bitterness and her eyes sad.

The sound of footsteps pounding up the hallway woke her from her thoughts of what used to be. Turning, Boa leaned against the wall and awaited their arrival. When they finally burst into the room, she could tell just from their appearances why they had been late. "Jaemi woke up late again, didn't she?"

"I'm so, so, so sorry, Boa-unnie! I tried to wake up on time, I really did!"

"More like, I tried to wake her up a billion times." said Jaeyoung, while rolling her eyes.

Lee Jaemi and Lee Jaeyoung were the two people Boa was closest to in BOAE. The twins had charmed her from the very start and she knew that with their almost telepathic relationship, they would be perfect as managers. That's why she had chosen them to be the managers of the newly announced girl group. However, she lost a little confidence in them every time they arrived late to a meeting and this was their sixth time being tardy.

"I chose you for this job because I believed you could handle it, but what you've shown me so far has made me rethink my decision. How can I trust you to manage a group of nine idols if you can't even manage yourself?"

Jaeyoung stared at the floor, clearly hoping to escape a reprimand of her own while Jaemi's eyes filled with apologetic tears. "I'm really sorry, director-nim... I promise it won't happen again. Please don't fire me." Jaemi begged, her voice quivering. Boa thought she heard Jaeyoung add "or me", but she wasn't sure. Distracted by the look of desperation of the 21 year old's face, her anger simply melted away.

"I won't fire you, Jaemi-ah. At least, not today." Boa spoke in a playful tone and was relieved when the younger girl gave a watery smile. "In fact, I have your first mission as managers!" The woman waved a hand at some papers lying on the table. Boa waited patiently while the twins let out their excitement and couldn't help but smile at their enthusiasm.

"What is it, director-nim?"

"Well, Jaeyoung, how do you expect to be managers when you have no group to manage?" She smirked at the identical looks of shock on the twins' faces. She let them stand there in awkward confusion for about a minute before adding, "I have already chosen the members. Your task will be convincing them to join our company."

"They aren't already in our company?" Jaemi asked, tilting her head to one side in confusion.

"Of course they aren't, BOAE was formed less than a month ago!" Boa scoffed.

A moment of silence and then, "How do you expect us to convince them to join?" Her voice was doubtful.

"I expect that most of them won't need much convincing. For the others, though, just mention that they can debut within a year if they join... That's bound to work."

"You're so smart, Boa-unnie!" Jaemi's usual smile was back in it's rightful place and Jaeyoung was looking more optimistic. "If you give us the girls' information, we'll get started right away."

"I should hope so." Boa picked up the papers and handed four of them to Jaemi and the other four to Jaeyoung. Then, she added, "I want all of the girls recruited by this time next week."

"Wow, you really are anxious to debut this group, aren't you?" Jaeyoung said with a smirk. Noticing that Boa still held one of the papers, she asked, "Who will handle the last one?"

"I will be handling this girl myself. She may need extra convincing..."

 


Author's Note:
Hello, everyone! So, I was writing chapter one and I decided to split it into two separate chapters as the girls won't be introduced until next chapter. But don't worry, because I will be posting chapter two tonight as well ^.^ Please look forward to the introduction of all nine main characters :D