Rush

Rush

Rush.

 

I think I remember falling, falling head first into the vast water. It was blue, and a bit of grey. I wasn't scared-at least not then. Nervous, I was. The rush felt so good, so scandalous, so restricted, but so good. Looking down at the water bed I was heading into, the dark depths seemed comforting, transparent and so crystal clear.

 

I hit the water. Warm? Yes Warm. My eyes closed tight, my hands clenched and my breath knocked out. I moved my arms and legs in hopes to swim. The rush of the current was so strong, so demanding so volatile as if I intervened its course of serenity-I probably did. Although a ripple was caused, I did not want to part with the water. The more I tried to stay, the further it pushed me, away and towards the shore. Somewhere along the way, my eyes went wide and it hurt, oh so bad. I felt something pull at my leg and for a moment I complied with the water.

 

Cold. Deep. There was no comfort in depth anymore, as the darkness seemed to draw out into distances I couldn't see. But I knew I had already sank too deep to climb out. My eyes closed and so did my heart as if a cold ice wall was built around it. No more hurt. Just numb. The further I sunk, the more the water pricked and I was slowly loosing my breath. I knew if I stayed longer I would lose the being that was me but I inwardly chuckled at the fact that I had already let myself go, way way before I fell. I let it be. I submitted myself to the wish of the current. Somewhere along the depth, I fell asleep.

 

--

 

“Jessica?” “Jessi!” “Unnie!” “Sica-yah” “Jung-sshi!”

 

Blue. It was baby blue. Calm. Near. Warm. I felt a tug at the end of my lips and soon found myself smiling and chuckling- which probably, to others looked like I was choking over my own breath-. I looked around at the heads surrounding me and smiled at each and everyone of them. A hand supported my shoulder while another wounded itself around my waist before hoisting me up to sit.

 

“Thank God you're fine Jessi! Really Jessi? Jessi! Cliff diving? Jessi! Why didn't you ask one of us to go with you?!”

 

My smile widened and giggled at her multiple usage of my name. Manager Hwang is forever manager Hwang. I patted her head and she let out a sigh. I coughed a bit and soon the two hands from before -of Yoona's and Yuri's- wound itself around me in concern before I waved them off, reassuring them that I was fine. I saw Sooyoung settling down next to me with a towel in hand and it was then that I realized how cold the air around me was. Goosebumps formed all over and I shivered slightly. Sunny quickly grabbed the towel from tall giant and wrapped me in it. I smiled. Thank you. I looked around. There was my girls and a few body guards. I frowned, not spotting the one I was looking for. I turned my body around, spotting her by our manager. I struggled to stand up and was helped by the dearest maknae. I pecked her cheek and giggled at the glow on her cheeks before I walked towards the one I was looking for.

 

Her eyes widened and she took a step forward, as if ready to catch me. Who was I kidding? She was always ready to catch me. It was me that was never brave enough to fall.

 

Oh the irony, I thought as I slipped on air and fell straight into her arms.

 

“Sooyeon?”

 

“I'm sorry-That I was too cold, too aggressive, too hard to figure out-- too selfish. I love you-for trying, for fighting, for staying-- for loving me.”

 

 

--------

Authors Note:

Hey. Again. Short? Yes. Too short?  Should I write longer? Was the story clear?-- Please, do let me know. I'll proably edit this every now and then till my soul is satisfied-- such restless things.

Hope you had a good read? Or a terrible read which made you laugh at the failed antics of this immature-amatuer. 

Have a good day, folks :)

-Nyx.