Morning at the Bang Residence

Morning at the Bang Residence

Words: 1881

Rating: G

Tag: picture prompt, bapfic, bap, banghim, bangchan, yongguk, himchan, daehyun, youngjae, jongup, junhong, girl!himchan, bang family, domestic banghim,

A/N: Trying out this domestic fic since I saw a lot of it that are so cute. The story is just some kind of word vomit, nothing special in a plot or setting, just the same BangHim parents and their 4 children between ages 5-1 year old.

 

~

 

 

 

“Mum! JunHong is already awake!” JongUp announced as he walks towards the kitchen where HimChan and his older brothers was.

 

It was six in the morning at the Bang family’s residence and the older kids were at the kitchen with their mother, HimChan. Their eldest child DaeHyun was sitting at the available chair finishing his breakfast at the kitchen counter while their second son YoungJae was writing something on his notebook while eating. HimChan who was busy preparing breakfast glanced at the 3 year old JongUp for a second.

 

“Where is your Dad? He should be watching over your brother,” HimChan said as she put another serving of fried rice and egg in each plate of the older kids. JongUp was not listening to his mother when he reached the kitchen. He immediately sat next to his siblings and checked the food prepared for them.

 

YoungJae looked at JongUp and smiled at him. “You want eggs JongUppie?” he asked and JongUp just nods. And with a quick slide of the plate, YoungJae gave his share of food to his brother. JongUp just smiled and picked up the scrambled egg on the plate with his hands. When his mother saw it, HimChan was horrified.

“JongUp! Stop that!” she said as she gets some paper towel from the side and wiped JongUp’s hands. “Use your utensils, baby. Also, you haven’t washed your hands!”

It was six in the morning at the Bang family’s residence and HimChan was already getting stressed from preparing the kids for the day ahead. Having four boys in the family, or should we say five including their father, is such a hard task. But she’s not complaining, there is always a reward at the end of the day.

“Mom! My crayons are missing,” DaeHyun suddenly shouted, alarmed. “It’s not in my bag. I used it yesterday at school. And now it’s gone!”

“Now DaeHyun, just remember where you put them when you come home. Maybe it’s still in your bag.”

“But it’s not really here!”

“YoungJae?”

“I didn’t borrow it,” he said as he put another mouthful of rice in his mouth.

HimChan didn’t want to suspect his toddler but he was acting weird when they were talking. “JongUp?” she asked in a cautious tone.

JongUp didn’t speak but looked at his mother’s eyes, smiling. HimChan squinted his eyes and put her hands on her hips. Then JongUp suddenly walked out of the kitchen shouting to his father who just so happened to walked out of JunHong’s room.

“Daddy!” he called, running towards him then hides behind his father’s back.

YongGuk who looked like he just got out of the shower with a towel on his other shoulder and a wet hair, looked at them then to JongUp. He then quickly put his arms over his son while his other hands cuddle his youngest on his chest. JunHong was awake but had his head on his father’s right shoulder, looking over JongUp while he his thumb.

The husband and wife looked at each other. Then HimChan stare down to JongUp who was looking at the floor as he and his father walked towards them. YongGuk was about to greet his wife to talk about how JunHong bothered him in the shower after his youngest woke up, but when he looked at her with a smile on his face, he was greeted with an angry HimChan.

All three of them are intensely staring at JongUp. He sense something happened earlier as he was attending on JunHong’s morning routine. He becomes cautious and let JongUp hide behind him.

He kissed his wife’s cheek and whispered “Good morning,” who kissed him back.

“Did something happen?” he asked while looking at JongUp and patting his head, whom didn’t move as both his parents talked. He’s just there behind him, biting his nails.

“Dad, JongUp stole my crayons!” DaeHyun told his father. “I need them today. Hand it over JongUppie!” DaeHyun demanded, a hand stretched towards JongUp.

JongUp seems not bothered at his brother’s accusation. He was still standing and looking at DaeHyun, staring like he didn’t understand him.

“JongUp, did you use your brother’s crayon?” HimChan asked in a calm voice.

JongUp is not looking at his mother when he answered. “No?!” he said, his tone seemed not sure.

“Are you sure?” HimChan asked again.

“I think I know where those crayons are,” YongGuk said and all of them looked at him.

“JunHong is playing with it earlier. Didn’t you JunHongie!?”

JunHong only smiles when his father looked at him thought his father wants to play. He cooed and touched YongGuk’s face, laughing at him as he makes baby sounds.

“Where is it then?” DaeHyun asked, about to leave his seat to get them.

“It’s in his play pen. I think JongUp put it there.”

“Ah! JongUp!!!” DaeHyun quickly went to JunHong’s room and looked for it. Then they heard him grunted in there.

“Arrrgg!”

YongGuk chuckles when they heard him. JongUp on the other hand felt safe now that the problem was already solved. He then sat down at the counter and asked for milk from his mother.

“Did the boys finish their breakfast?” YongGuk finally asked as he hands over the youngest to his wife.

“I think so,” she answered after seeing their plates empty. YoungJae seems finished eating, though he didn’t touch his veggies. He always leaves his vegetable untouched even after she convinced him to eat all his peas and carrots in exchange for a cookie for dinner.

“I need to go to work early today,” YongGuk said to his wife. HimChan at that time finished preparing a sandwich for her husband that she hands it over in front of him not noticing what he just said. YongGuk picked it up and took a big bite from it then continued what he was about to say.

“My boss called and he needs help at the office.”

“Are you driving the kids to school today?” 

“That’s also my question. If I should drive them to school or you should. I might drop them off too early. Would that be a problem?”

HimChan didn’t know if it would make a problem. She never tried sending the boys early to school. She was distracted by JunHong that she can’t answer immediately.

“I want to go to school early.” YoungJae suddenly said and raising his hand.

Both his parents looked at him.

“And why is that?” HimChan, who was suspicious about his answer, asked back.

“Because he wants to play at the school’s backyard. I always saw him there,” DaeHyun said, now carrying his crayons and putting them inside his bag.

“Huh? I am not!”

“Yes you are,” and that’s the start of them bantering at each other, exchanging blames and names as their parents watched.

YongGuk can only scratch his head as he witness another fight from his oldest sons. He just doesn’t understand if the fights just become a habit that they do it every day. He can’t stop laughing at them and was nudged by his wife to stop. He then looked at HimChan who was smiling because of the unusual exchange of words between DaeHyun and YoungJae. And it seemed YoungJae is winning because all DaeHyun was saying is “Mom!”

“I am actually ready to go out now,” YongGuk finally said after finishing his sandwich. HimChan was preparing milk for the other kids when he spoke.

“Drive the kids to school, then, coz I have to go to the doctor today for JunHong’s scheduled shot,” she said and patted YongGuk’s cheek and smiled. “We will take awhile preparing the boys. I still need to feed the two youngest. JongUp haven’t eaten breakfast yet. DaeHyun and YoungJae might wait a little bit more for us to get dressed,” she said as she shifted JunHong to the other side of her arm.

“Will JongUp be alright for you to bring at the hospital?”

“I’m sending him over your sister’s shop on our way to the hospital. He likes looking at your sister’s artwork. He won’t get bored there. He is a hyper kid, you see. I can’t watch over him, he always strolls around the hospital. You remember what happened last time, right?”

“Yeah, him crying because he got lost inside the hospital.”

“Yes,” HimChan said.

It was six in the morning at the Bang family’s residence and there was already a fight, concerns, and work to attend to. HimChan was just happy that she’s not alone having such burden in an early morning. She has her husband who always has his hands available to help. She smiled secretly and cuddled JunHong.

“JunHong baby, please grew up like your father. Your brother is a mess right now and Mommy is having a hard time with them,” she said in a hush voice but was heard by YongGuk.

YongGuk was happy hearing his wife that he can’t help himself hugging her.

“Of course JunHong will be like his father,” YongGuk said to HimChan and kissed her on her lips.

HimChan was not expecting his kiss and was a little surprised. It’s not yet the end of the day but she got her reward already. She was so happy that she returned the hug and the kiss. But this time she kissed him a little too tight. They almost forgot that JunHong is on their side and looking at them. They are not aware that the kiss took so long. Until they heard DaeHyun said something to them.

“Yuck! Saliva sharing!”

Both HimChan and YongGuk look at DaeHyun and were surprised at what they saw. Their children’s reaction is so cute that HimChan start giggling. DaeHyun had his hands crossed on his chest while staring at them and a little bit mad; while YoungJae was giggling and JongUp is covering his mouth, shocked at his parents doing lovey-dovey in front of them.

YongGuk is also surprised to see his children’s reaction.

“What?” he innocently asked, spreading his arms, “What’s wrong with kissing your Mom? I just love your mother so I kissed her.”

“Just so you know, Dad,” DaeHyun still had his brows curled, said. “I don’t want any more brothers. Three is enough.”

“A baby sister then?” YongGuk quickly asked, beaming his wide smile to his eldest then shows his wiggly brows.

“Daddy!!” DaeHyun shouted, being so serious in such situation.

While all of that happened, HimChan was just laughing. Her two sons also laugh at the older guys. It was a picturesque moment for HimChan, seeing little DaeHyun talked about having a baby in such a young age. She smiles as YongGuk looked at her being a defeated father in front of his sons who also looked up to their father.

It was six in the morning at the Bang family’s residence and all that happened looked like a mess. But for HimChan this mess is also a blessing. Her family though they always fight is what she wished for. And she doesn’t prefer otherwise.