Final

The Wedding

“I, Mun Jung Hyuk, take you, Maya Jager, to be my wife. I promise to be true to you in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health. I will love you and honor you all the days of my life.” the groom vowed.

“I, Maya Jager, take you, Mun Jung Hyuk, to be my lawfully wedded husband, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do us part.” The bride vowed as her cheeks flushed to the color of scarlet.

“ You may now kiss the bride.“ the priest announced.

The groom leans forward and kissed his bride. Everyone in the wedding hall claps for the couple except for one man, Jung Pil Gyo. He was glaring at Jung Hyuk all this while. How can the man that he hates the most become his girlfriend’s bride? His hands were shaking uncontrollably and his face turned an ominous red. He wanted to leave that place. But he couldn’t.

After the ceremony, friends and family came together to write down some best wishes for the newly wedded couple. Some wrote, “Hope both of you produced some beautiful children” and some even wrote, “Even if one of you were to ever die, please die together.” Pil Gyo who was standing at the exit, trying to calm himself down. Maya, who noticed Pil Gyo from afar started walking towards him.

“Oppa, come and write down some congratulation wishes for me and Jung Hyuk oppa.“ Maya, who held Pil Gyo’s arms and lightly dragged him towards the table.

“Let go of me.“ Pil Gyo coldly said as he removed Maya’s hands from his arms.

“Oppa! What’s wrong with you? Aren’t you supposed to be happy?“ Maya frowned.

“Happy? Are you even kidding me? Out of all the million guys in the world, why must him?“ Pil Gyo coldly said and walked out of the wedding hall.

Pil Gyo, who was extremely sad and upset about Maya’s wedding walked to the balcony. He feels like there’s no point living when someone he truly loved moved on with life, leaving him alone. When he was about to jump off, someone stopped him.

“Jung Pil Gyo. Stop.” the voice stopped him.

Pil Gyo turned around to see his enemy right in front of him, trying to stop him.
“You got your wish. Now let me grant mine. “ Pil Gyo said and tried to jump off. His attempt failed again as Jung Hyuk hugged him tightly.

“I know that you hate me since the beginning we first met. 25 years ago, we used to fight over the first place in class. “ Jung Hyuk said.

“And to see you always scoring first in class, I do get jealous. But at least, please let me get what I want for now.” he continued.

“But why her? Why do you have to take someone I truly love? Why?!” he yelled.

“Because, Maya doesn’t love you at all.” Jung Hyuk muttered which makes Pil Gyo confused yet shocked.

“She doesn’t love me?” he questioned.

Jung Hyuk just nod.

“You see, Maya only treats you like an older brother. That’s what she said to me earlier on. At first, I don’t really believe her.” Jung Hyuk replied.

“No. This is not true. Maya still loves me. Whatever you just said is just trash!” Pil Gyo, still trying to denies the truth.

“If you don’t believe me, go and ask Maya for the truth.” the groom pats the other man’s shoulder before leaving him alone.

Pil Gyo froze. His heart feels like bursting. He flounced out from the balcony and into to meet Maya.

“I have something to ask you.” He said furiously.

“What is it Oppa?” Maya replied, still doesn’t know a thing.

“Please tell me that whatever Jung Hyuk said isn’t true. Please tell me that you still love me. Maya please.” He grabbed her shoulder. Maya is speechless.

“It’s true. What’s Jung Hyuk said is true.“ Maya mumbled, looking at the floor, as she couldn’t face Pil Gyo’s fury eyes.

Pil Gyo’s legs gave away. Tears could not stop flowing from his cheeks. Everything is over, he thought.

“Oppa, to be honest, I didn’t like you at the beginning. But being a nice girl, I grant your wish, to be your girlfriend. And soon, I’m starting to fall for Jung Hyuk. At first, I don’t know that you hate him. In fact, I don’t know that both of you knew each other. I didn’t want to invite you for my wedding, but Jung Hyuk sent the wedding card to you. So I was shocked, to know that both of you actually knew each other.” Maya said.

“I’m sorry for what I have done all this while. You can hate me from now onwards. But, remember, I will always pray for you to find your other half. I just hope she is much more better than me, and she will love you till eternity.” she continued as she gave a light peck on his cheeks before walking away.

“I love you Maya.” he muttered.