her

Hatred

                             

 

Sitting down inside the warm cafe, she was blissfully content on being alone there. Accompanied with a plate of lemonade flavored macaroons, a slice of crumbled apple cheesecake and an already half-drunk glass of one warm vanilla latte with cinnamon sprinkled atop of the foam, she got every flavored that she loved with by that moment; sour, sweet, bitter and spicy. Taking a bite from her cake, she glanced around her surrounding before fixating down her sight onto the closed glass-door. Yes, she was waiting for someone and that someone had been late for almost half an hour already, but she had in mind that she’ll just wait for a few minutes more since 6.30 just now, the first time she sat down in her seat, kept telling herself that she was just early.

 

Done with her cake, she asked the waiter for another glass of her latte. Observing on how the waiter going around the cafe with ease, on how the barista fixing up her order easily, on how the cashier stood behind the cash-machine greeting on the customers, she didn’t realized on his presence in front of her then. Once she felt over another skin brushing on her right hand that was placed atop of the table, she snapped her face swiftly back onto the front, trying on to break away the grip but stopped once she saw the culprit; him. He was looking back at her with his pair of small eyes; guiltiness was there within his orbs. And as he witnessed her passive side, not doing anything whether to take out her hand from his grip or confronting him upon his lateness, he stood up before sliding in the seat on her left, casually ordering his own glass of an iced green Frappuccino together with another plate of her favorite cake, and also together with a bowl of chocolate chip cookie dough ice-cream, as the waiter came by to place her second cup.

 

It was silence; with her not saying anything, just sitting down while looking out onto the pathway, observing on those passers-by, witnessing how the sky kept getting darker by seconds; and him to stay in his seat silently, playing along on their married fingers, counting up to the nothingness for him to stay sane, humming some random music through the peace. Annoying over his oblivion, she stunned him by turning back her body to face him completely. Taking out her hand and crossed them across her chest, she saw his Adam’s apple moved vertically, fidgety and frozen stilled. The same waiter came next and placed down the new order of his, before swiftly scrambling away once he saw her glares onto the gangster-looking man. As soon as the young waiter stepped away from their spot, she muttered out such words, oh so darkly before grabbing up the ice-cream bowl and hastily devouring it down, “I hate you”. He sighed tiredly before sipping up the Frappuccino and grabbing onto the macaroons for his empty stomach, while thinking and reforming his words inside his head to reason out to her over his over-slept-act just now.

 

 

 

i'll post another one soon :))