drabble

The Good Life

They walked side by side without an aimed destination to get to. All they knew, or wanted, was each other, and that was what was important. Of course they didn't expect to live the 'Good Life ', after telling their parents or even admitting it to themselves, but maybe this was right, maybe this was what it was supposed to be.  

They had been best friends for, well, as long as they could remember. Their moms had even joked about them being ‘meant to meet each other’, only if they knew irony .  They had been born in the hospital on the same day, that’s how they met, that’s how their mothers met at least.

“Amber,” the words uttered from . Amber turned to the other with a weak smile.

“Yeah Krystal?” Although they were born on the same day Amber was the older one. Amber looked at the lass questioningly. They hadn’t spoken at all after they had walked out, rather kicked out of their own houses. It was quiet until then. Krystal chuckled.

“It’s our birthday tomorrow,” she said, Amber smiled, “what do you want to do?”

“We’re turning 20 tomorrow; it’s an even number, which means you get to pick.” 

“Alright,” Krystal clung to Amber, hugging her arm as they walked on the side walk, “Let’s go to Paris!” She said. One of her hands waved in the air, and her eyes, fixed to the distance, but sparkling as if she could already picture them, roaming through streets of the capital of romance.

Amber gasped;  "That sound's beautiful!" she pulled her arm away from Krystal. “Sure,” she said and dug her hands in to her pockets. She pulled out her wallet and took the only bill that was in it, “Do you think 10 dollars will be enough?” Krystal laugher at lass’ comment. 
 
"You're right... probably not. Let's just go to Venice."