Unrequited Love is a

Urequited Love is a

Jongdae’s weekdays start like this: wake up, trip over some foreign object that for sure wants to kill him, lazily run his fingers through his hair, brush his teeth with half-lidded eyes, eat a piece of toast, then proceed to sprint to class, because even by doing the half-assed things he does, the process still takes at least an hour.

                Today was no exception, as usual Jongdae made it into class literally 5 seconds before the bell rang after him.

                “It will never seize to amaze me how your beats the bell at the exact same time every day.”  Wu Yi Fan hissed , lips turning into a displeased pout. He really thought that he would finally be able to kick the troll out of class scold Jongdae for being late this time, but as per usual, the little bucket of sunshine had managed to slip through his grasp. Shame.

“Oh my poor, poor hyung…is this really all there is to your life? Hoping to scold a university student for being late? And I thought my life was sad…” Jongdae, of course, muttered the last part, but everyone in the spacious room heard it anyway, including Kris, who’s face immediately darkened. Wu Fan didn’t need to say anything, for Jongdae took the hint and sat his bouncy little on a seat next to one of his less evil friends, Sehun.

Sehun was the maknae in his group of friends, and had the most adorable lisp that you would ever hear. The intelligent teen was for the most part quiet and reserved, not one to talk, unless Jongdae was around. And trust, when Jongdae was around (which was almost all the time), Sehun turned into even more of a troll than Jongdae was on one of his better days. Maybe it was because Jongdae was the second maknae of the group, or maybe it was because he had a tight and could beat the crap out of anyone he so wished, (including Wu Fan, Jongdae thought with an evil snicker) but whenever Sehun was around himself, it was almost as if he wanted to impress him by proving that he could come out of his shell whenever he wanted. Kind of like a child inviting a friend over and eating a candy bar when he knows he usually wouldn’t, just for the sake of impressing his friend by proving that he could eat whatever he wanted, whenever he wanted.

Jongdae was sure that Sehun didn’t have a crush on him, because if he was observing properly, then Sehun for sure had a crush on a different man. A man that may or may not be teaching up at the front of the class that very instant.

“You know,” Sehun began randomly as they were about 30 minutes into the lesson (yay for adverbs!)     “You should really be nicer to Fan-hyung…..give him a bit of a break, I mean.” To this, Jongdae rolled his eyes, and his mental scoff was so loud he was pretty sure even the people in America could hear it.

“And why the hell should I do that?”

“Because I suggested nicely..?”

“And?”

“Because you love me?” the maknae tried, offering a shy grin that looked more like a grimace than anything, and actually did turn into a grimace when Jongdae barked out a laugh, causing Wu Fan to turn away from the board with a dark glare that almost made him want to piss his pants laugh.

“Sehun, I advise you to actually pay attention to the board, unless you want to fail another test.” Wu Fan said cooly, turning back to the board. Normally, it would be Jongdae who would be getting scolded, but seeing as he surprisingly has had yet to fail a test,  Sehun had to take the heat.

Now, there’s something you must know and understand. Sehun is a ing genius, which is how the teen managed to skip both junior and senior year of high school, leaving him 17 and a college student. So why does he fail his tests, you ask?

Simple, really, because the more he fails, the more Yi Fan will have to tutor him, and the more he tutors him, the more time Sehun has to be around his hyung, or at least, that’s what he tells Jongdae. In reality, he hates the greasy Chinese guy, and his stupid blonde hair makes Sehun want to puke,but if he wants to successfully convince Jongdae that Wu Fan was his biggest crush, then he has to pretend that he wants to constantly be around the stupid teacher.

Jongdae felt for his dongsaeng at that moment, because it was pretty obvious how much the teacher’s words had affected him, seeing as Sehun’s face was as red as a tomato and his lips were trembling(though he didn’t know that his dongsaeng’s face was really red because Wu Fan had just embarrassed him in front of Jongdae). He opened his mouth to speak, only to shut it back up when Sehun shook his head, eyes glued to the paper in front of him.

Bristling, Jongdae silently glared at the back of the professor’s head, willing it to spontaneously combust. He stayed in that position until the bell rang, which was when he had to unwillingly tear his eyes off of Wu Fan’s stupid blonde hair because he had a tendency to be late to his Mythology class, which was all the way across campus.

Quietly, Sehun followed him, head still down. You see, Sehun had the exact same classes as Jongdae (and at first he was insulted, because this meant that his intelligence was equivalent to that of a 17 year olds)and as a result, the younger tended to follow around Jongdae a lot, hanging on his arm and begging him for food.

He followed him around so much that Jongdae would’ve sworn Sehun had feelings for him if he didn’t know any better.

“God, he’s an .” Sehun muttered, now seeming more angry than anything. Jongdae turned to him, surprised at his out of character words.

“You? insulting your favorite hyung? What is this world coming to?” Jongdae gasped in mock surprise.

“Oh,shutup, asshat.” Sehun mumbled, throwing a half-assed punch aimed for Jongdae’s shoulder, to which the latter deflected with his magical troll-powers   hand. Grinning wickedly, Jongdae returned the punch by ruffling the slightly taller male’s hair, to which the other pouted and gave a mean glare.

“You know you love me.”

Sehun’s bright grin faltered slightly, but he was quick to laugh and joke around like normal as they headed to their next class, because that was what Jongdae needed him to do. Sehun was one of the only people Jongdae could trust enough to be normal around, one of the only people that he would let see him cry, one of his only senses of stability, and he liked it that way. It made him feel special, even though he knew there were 3 other people just as important to Jongdae as him, and 1 person who was most important out of all of them, even though no one said it aloud. But despite the situation, Sehun couldn’t help but want to be selfish.

 Because Sehun was using Wu Fan as a decoy, something to hide his true feelings, because he knew who Jongdae was in love with, who was most important to him.

And it wasn’t him.

 

 

A/N

Soo..I wrote this like, 3months ago and it’s presence is bothering me because I hate this oneshot with a passion, but whatevs. Might as well share with the world because I’m having Sehun feels right now. Sad Sehun feels because I just read a sad Sehun fic that I want to delete from my mind forever cause I just about cried.

/unrequited love is a