Chapter 2

Least Expected

Taehon's POV

 

We were lost. Totally and completely lost. I knew that we should have taken a turn a long time ago, but Kyungsoo thinks he knows everything. Maybe it would be a little easier to concentrate on where we were going if Yoongi wasn’t yelling about nonsense in the back.

 

We all decided to go out to a party that we heard was going to be very fun. When we got there, however, it was anything BUT fun. It wasn’t like it was a dud, but it was not our kind of party. Having liquor and a giant Hookah were normal for us. This party was a little too out of our liking. The first thing you smelt when the door opened was the unholy stench that resembled a skunk spraying, which only meant one thing. Someone at the party has brought weed. For Yoongi, it wasn’t that big of a deal, for some unknown reason he has always wanted to try it. Kyungsoo and I, however, are against it and need to be the ones that drag him away. I secretly felt bad that we were keeping him from something he wanted to do, but in the end he knows we just care for him and don’t want anything stupid to happen. We continued through the house to see if we knew anyone there, but we didn’t. Looking around, all I noticed was a strange essence in the air. They were acting very different and I knew that there was more than what we could smell at this place.

 

“Sunbaenim, I don’t think this is a place for us, do you think we can just go to a club or something?” he nods and turns around to leave, when we noticed Yoongi was out of our sight.

 

“Aish! Where did he go?” I say, trying to not sound extremely worried, even though I was. About 15 minutes passed, and we finally found him. Sitting on a couch, obviously drunk, next to people making lines on the table.

 

“Yoongi!” I exclaim and run to him from the other side of the room. He didn’t look good at all.

 

“Yah, Jagiya, you found me!” he says in a slurred voice and puts him arms up to hug me. Instead, Kyungsoo grabs one of his arms and i take the other, and we help him walk out of the house.

 

“Yah, Sunbae! Why are we leaving?” At this point he is a little annoyed but we didn’t care. It wasn’t the first time we have had to rescue him in a situation like this. His breath was coated in the smell of Vodka. I felt sick to my stomach, all i was thinking about was if he was okay and he didn’t get slipped anything.

 

“Jagiya, why are you making me leave?” he says in a sad whisper to me. I look at him to see he looks deeply upset. Although it was the amount of things hes drank making him say and act like that, i felt deeply guilty about having him leave. We finally got to the car and pull away from the party just we hear police sirens in the distance.

 

“Jagiya, why don’t you just love me once?” Yoongi says in an attempted aegyo, and i blush at the fact he calls me Jagiya when he is not in a sober state of mind. Silently thanking the fact it was dark out, I reply coldly to him, remembering that hes only saying these things because of liquor,

 

“I am not your Jagiya and you’re drunk. You’re lucky i’m not back there beating your for leaving us in that house.” Kyungsoo nudges my arm, reminding me to try and calm down with him. I sigh and try to see where we are going, but i have only been here a few times.

 

“Sunbaenim, you turn here,” I say pointing to a sign.

 

“Aish, Taehon, I know where we are, its straight.” Kyungsoo replies with a cocky voice and ignores my directions.

 

“Yah, Pabo! Why don’t you hush for a few so we can find our way back?” I say turning to look at the hazy eyed friend of mine sitting in the back of the car.

 

“Taehon, calm down, we will find our way back.” I ignore the overly calm driver and stick my hand out toward Yoongi and flick my fingers back to me, asking for him to hand over a cigarette.

 

“Yah, is that someone walking in this weather?” Kyungsoo says with a very shocked and worried look on his face. “Omo~, it is! Do you think she knows her way around here?” I say in equal shock. He ignores my question and starts to slow down when we are right near the girl, who we can now see is crying.

 

“Are you okay?” Kyungsoo says after rolling his window down. His voice was something I’ve only heard him speak with such worry was when I gave him the call saying I left my parents’ house.

 

“Yes, I’m okay,” the girl says shyly, as if she did not want our company. Personally, I wouldn’t blame her. There was a drunk Pabo in the back and I was in stress and puffing on a stoke. Kyungsoo pushed my arm, and told me to get out and help her.

 

“Aish! Arasoo, Sunbaenim.” I say and make a sigh before opening the car door and stepping into the cold outside. Walking up her I say

 

“It’s really cold out, do you need a ride to where you are going?” she looked up at me with a deep sense of pain in her eyes with her head shaking no, something I have never seen with anyone else’s eyes besides my own.

 

“Aish, nonsense! Please, it’s so cold out here and plus we are lost. We help you, you help us?” I say raising an eyebrow, trying to convince her.

 

“I- I guess, sure.” she says with a weak smile. I accept and grab her arm to walk her to the car.

 

“Yah, Pabo, scoot over I’m sitting in back with you.” I turned back to her to see if she was in serious deep distress, and she seemed to be almost scared to get in the car.

 

“This is Kyungsoo, my Sunbaenim! He has taken care of me when I left my parents and found my own place a few years back. He’s a good guy i promise.” I exclaim before dipping into the back seat next to Yoongi, who didn’t waste any time and rested his head on my shoulder. I simply let him leave it there, because even though his clothes smelt like alcohol and smoke, it seemed like our bodies were made for this sort of touching. I blush at my thought, and suddenly try to get my mind off that subject.

 

“Oh, by the way I am Taehon and this is Yoongi.” I raise my shoulder up a little so his head bobs up and down so she could see him.