FlamingDongSaeng

A Letter to Minho

Choi Minho, born on December 9, 1991. SHINee’s Flaming Charisma, Hyungwhore, Noona and Dongsaeng Killer.

An Irreplaceable member.

I wasn’t a SHAWOL for very long, as I only started loving them(yes, love) on the April of 2013. What made me a SHAWOL was because of Minho. I’m not ashamed because it started with you.

You were the first member I recognized when I curiously scrolled through your music videos. You caught my eye immediately.

Then I started digging deeper and watched Hello Baby. You know, your series? You captivated me with your kindness to Yoogeun, how genuinely felt happy when he chose you. How you thought it over when you made him cry. I’d go through these emotions too. You captivated me with your burning passion for everything that you do.

But apparently, that wasn’t enough for some people. It hurt me when they say “Useless Minho” or “Just a pretty face Minho”, because I can see passion behind his eyes when he does something and he tries his best at that. Sure, he isn’t the best singer or dancer, but he is sure the best at doing a good job whenever he had the chance to.

You, Choi Minho, are my role model. You inspired me so much with what you do in between the lines. Not directly, but in subtlety. Your role in To The Beautiful You fits you perfectly. You know Kang Taejoon’s motto “Miracle is another name for hardwork”? I don’t think it’s his motto. It’s YOURS. I have never seen anyone try as much as you do in sports competitions and variety show games.

No matter how much hate you get from those haters, I’ll always support you. You are important. SHINee isn’t SHINee without you.

You aren’t just my bias. You’re someone special who introduced me to the KPop world. If it weren’t for you, I wouldn’t be writing stories right now. If it weren’t for you, I’d be wallowing on my own depression. Being a celebrity isn’t just about singing, dancing and acting. It’s about affecting your fans in a positive way, directly and indirectly. And you do just that.

Is it safe to say that I love you? Even though we haven’t even met?

After all this, I just want to say my gratitude towards you because you make my life so much more tolerable. Just keep doing what you’re doing right now.

Much love from a person you probably wouldn’t even meet or remember.

 

-FlamingDongSaeng