Final

Will We Meet Once Again?
 
I miss you, I miss you a whole lot. I guess it's been a four years since our encounter, hasn't it? Oh how I remember that night like it was yesterday.
 
 
=
 
 
"Why are you leaving me?" the black-haired girl questioned in a weak voice.
 
 
It was obvious how the tone of her voice was shaky but she still tried to hide it by keeping her steady posture. She couldn't let her pride get stepped on if she were to break down and let the tears fall from her eyes. And it definitely wasn't the time to let it happen, not in front of this blonde girl at the least.
 
 
"Answer me!" the black-haired girl snapped with her eyes glaring at the other girl intensely.
 
 
"I'm not leaving," the blonde, being the older one among the two finally replied as she folded the clothes she had dugged out of the closet and tossed onto the bed.
 
 
"Then why... why are you packing your bags?" the younger's voice wavered tremendously.
She could only look at the other girl placing her precious clothes into the bag on the bed.
 
 
Head up, and eyes focused on the dark haired girl, the blonde answered.
 
"I'm going back."
 
The latter did her best to make sure her words did not seem weaker said as the other girl previously had.
 
She quickly went back to packing her clothes neatly and seperated the objects from materials.
 
 
"To where?! You don't have any where else but to stay here with me!" the black-haired girl spat out almost immediately with her eyebrows creasing together tightly causing the other girl to look up after putting in her last T-shirt into the bag.
 
 
It didn't help that the black-haired girl was feeling the mixute of anger and sadness overwhelming within her right now because they were the feelings she had always hated to have whenever she was with the older girl; a side of her she never wanted to show.
 
 
"My parents. They want me back," anyone could tell the blonde was obviously agasint the idea just by the tone of her voice.
 
 
 And by this point she had her head tilted down a bit so that her eyes wouldn't meet the black-haired girl's beautiful ones.
 
After all, it was the eyes that could give away someone's true feelings better than their tone of voice. But the black-haired girl knew, she knew because she could see through the other's actions. From the way she tilted her head so that their eyes don't meet to how her hands were slowly shaking as if she was shivering. 
 
Living with the blonde for four years now since they were 17-years-old. Now how could she not be able to study her lover as precisely as she always had for those four years. How could she not read the other's eyes that were targeted on the bed with her things sprawled out on the bed, waiting to be put into her maroon-coloured bag and be sealed until she reached the States the next day.
 
 
The younger one clenched her pair of teeth with so much force. She could have sneered at the word "parents" as it came out of the older's mouth but she didn't. 
It was because of that one word. That painful word that was hard for even the blonde girl to say, let alone think of. The cause of her misery and despair.
 
 
"After what they've done to you?! They never cared about you! They treated you like trash! You were abused by them why would you care if they wanted you back?! You were put into that dark room where they would-" the younger one cut herself off as she came back to her senses. 
Right before she let her words turn into imagery scenes for the other girl.
 
 
With a deep sigh, the older one said softly and effectively, "Stop it Chae..."
 
 
A moment of silence was for the two to think of what they had said and what they will have to say to make sure the situation goes accordingly to what they want to happen.
 
 
I need her to let me go
 
 
I want her to stay with me
 
 
"Dara, we can work this out. You don't have to leave. If you could make a deal then-" Chaerin, who was halfway through her long rant, was cut off by the other girl's angelic voice.
 
 
"No, I'm going back."
 
 
Chaerin did an instant rebuttal to Dara's reply by raising her voice a notch higher, "You don't have to obey their instructions! You never do!"
 
 
"I have to this time. I can't afford to let anyone I love be hurt. Especially you," Dara's previous tone turned defensive by her last two words.
 
 
"So what if I get hurt?! As long as I get to be with you everyday, I can withstand through the storm even," Chaerin clasped her hands onto Dara's soft ones and looked into the other girl's eyes with so much faith.
 
 
Dara broke the eye contact she had with the younger one. She turned over to the pictures she had hung over on the walls of their room. Each portrait with precious memories even she didn't want to abandon. All of the images had a cheery atmosphere within them.
 
 
You can't lie to yourself Dara, you want to stay.
 
 
Why don't you  just stay?
 
 
Oh that's right...you're a coward now and would rather do as you were told.
 
 
Dara slowly slid her hands out of Chaerin's. Leaving the warmth of the other girl's hands. 
 
 
Chaerin's eyes filled with hope faded away and was now replaced with sadness.
 
 
Dara knew she had to confirm her decision by walking out the door with her things in hand and never turning back. If she were to let the other girl have her in the palm of her hands, then there would be no escape for Dara. Dara might even stay.
 
 
I'll-I'll have to hurt her feelings for this to work out.
 
 
The blonde came to her last resort. She curled her left hand into a ball and squeezed it tightly before taking in a deep breath to say, "Baby, I'm doing this for us. For our future. We've been going nowhere ever since we've started this mess-"
 
 
I'm willing to bear the pain,
 
 
"So you're calling our relationship a mess now?! Was that what it was this entire time?! A mess?!" the dark-haired girl was starting to tear up but she held it in.
 
 
because I love you,
 
 
"You know I didn't mean it that way."
 
 
I love you so much.
 
 
"Then what do you want it to mean Sandara Park? Are you implying how wrong you were to even start this relationship with me when you knew you'd have to break it off someday because of your freaking parents?" Chaerin held onto the hem of her shirt tightly.
 
 
I'll be standing here,
 
 
"We can still be together Chaerin-ah."
 
 
in hopes of being together with you forever.
 
 
"How? Do you want me to climb up your long hair into the dark tower, Rapunzel?" 
 
 
The inner Dara had the urge to laugh and joke with Chaerin and tell her, "Baby, you make the most terrible jokes ever." but she supressed her laugh by sealing it inside with a tiny smile to which she aimed at her luggage bag.
 
 
"You're really leaving, huh?"
 
 
"Yes, yes I am."
 
 
Dara zipped up her bag and dusted dirt that was visible to her eye off her luggage bag. She was about to take her bag off the bed when she heard a slight sniff coming from the younger girl. 
 
The said girl did her best to stop her tears from escaping but after the confirmation she got from the blonde, she was already at the brink of bursting into tears and crying uncontrollably. But she bit her bottom lip down as hard as she could to prevent drowning herself in tears right in front of the other girl.
 
 
Useless.
 
It was useless.
 
A tear escaped and so did a loud sniff.
 
 
As if by instinct, Dara immediately let go of her grip on her bag and turned around.
 
She cupped Chaerin's face with one hand while the other raked through her hair.
 
Dara's eyes softened as Chaerin stared into her eyes.
 
 
Dara started off her sentence with a whisper before attempting to wipe off Chaerin's tears, "Baby, I'm sorr-"
 
 
With a slight push of Dara's hands, Chaerin announced,
 
"Fine. Have it your way. Leave if you really want to."
 
There was not even a tinge of warmth in the younger girl's tone.
 
It was just cold.
 
Very cold.
 
 
There was nothing the older one could do.
 
Her chances of ever apologizing again was gone.
 
"Okay, I'll be making my move then."
 
 
Chaerin watched the other girl carry her heavy luggage bag down the bed. She was struggling because of her small frame. Chaerin had the urge to help the blonde girl but that would only make it seem like Chaerin was agreeing to the other girl's descision. 
 
To snatch and smash, that was one of her plans for the other girl to stay. But that would cause Dara's favourite bag to be of no more use.
 
 
Hurting the one she loves would be the last thing she'd ever want and the same thing would go for Dara too. But the question was, what made Dara like this? She was always the one to go agaisnt her parent's demands. This was all because she wanted to stay with Chaerin, Lee Chaerin.
 
The girl who stole her heart after she had broken up with her dumb boyfriend. It took her two months to realize Chaerin had been in love with her all this while. 
 
 
The way Chaerin would tell her countless of times with a depressed tone, "I wish dreams could come true. I wish the person I love wasn't that blind enough to see I am in love with them."
The way Chaerin would lay her head down on Dara's shoulder as she pouts and says "I want to have a lover I can be with and do this freely with them for an hour or two."
The way Chaerin was protective over her when guys try to flirt with her during lunch break.
The way Chaerin would kiss her cheeks if she was angry at something Chaerin did to piss her off.
The way Chaerin would stare into her eyes after admiring every inch of her face and say, "I think some people might have mistaken you as an angel, because you are as perfect as one."
 
 
Dara knew she would be the dumbest person ever if she were to let go of Chaerin. But she officially declared today, the day she labelled herself as the dumbest person in the world-no, make that universe.
 
 
Letting go of a love so genuine and true that could never come once again; Dara was willing to give it up just like that.
 
 
The blonde was now outside of the apartment that she can no longer call her home. She looked up to the 5th floor. The lights were now turned off.
 
 
She imagined the black-haired girl silently crying her lungs out by now and whispering into the white bed sheets endlessly, "Please don't leave me."
 
 
It pained her heart just thinking about the scene.
 
 
Dara took a glance of the time.
It was 11:55 p.m.
 
 
Why is it that I feel something special is about to happen when it reaches midnight?
 
 
The blonde turned around and went back on track. The only sounds present were the sounds of her luggage bag rollers creating fiction against the hard ground, the sound of her shoes making their way down the road, the sound of the lampost lights buzzing as they take up lots of power, the sound of the wind and the sound of crickets and other bugs.
 
 
All of a sudden, there was an unusual sound making its way, lightning fast, down the road.
 
 
The blonde smiled for some odd reason.
 
Probably because her last wish was granted.
 
A wish for Chaerin to chase her and stop her with a backhug.
 
 
"Don't walk away, please," her voice sounded so desperate.
 
 
"I'm not the type to do this but I'm willing to. For you. So please, don't let go of me," Chaerin continued on, this time her voice cracked as she spoke.
 
 
After a short pause, Chaerin opened to speak again, 
"If you're still going, take me with you. I don't mind hiding myself away from the world. As long as I get to see you every single day, I'll be fine."
 
 
"Why aren't you in a winter jacket?" the blonde asked, ignoring what the other girl had previously said.
 
 
"You're going to freeze to death without one," Dara bluntly stated.
 
 
"Dara, don't change the subject with me and play dumb. I know you heard me loud and clear. So please, could you give me a proper answer?" Chaerin's head took its place on the blonde's right shoulder.
 
 
"What has been done and has been decided is official Chae. I can't change my mind anymore," the blonde said before continuing her sentence.
 
 
"But there's one thing that has never changed," Dara pulled herself out of Chaerin's warmth to face the other girl.
 
 
"It's the fact that I love you," she continued before placing her lips on the younger girl's.
 
 
The kiss was slow, slower than you could ever imagine.
It wasn't like any other kisses they've done.
It was like they were both prolonging the kiss because they knew it could be their last.
This kiss was filled with sadness as Dara could taste Chaerin's tears.
The kiss itself was just...bitter.
 
 
The blonde pulled away from the kiss and tilted the other girl's chin up so that their eyes met.
 
 
The younger girl quickly hugged her lover.
"D-Don't-" she started off but paused when the other girl pushed her away with her free hand.
 
 
"I love you so much," were Dara's last words to Chaerin before her feet took her to the direction she was headed to. 
 
 
It was a mystery to how the older girl was able to turn around despite the pain in her chest that told her to be by Chaerin's side forever.
 
 
As the blonde's distance from her loved one increased, there was a point where she heard the sound of someone dropping to the ground.
 
 
Amounts of, "Please don't leave me!" and the sounds of weeping were all the latter could hear before she made a right turn to the car porch.
 
 
Sandara Park stopped in her tracks. She finally let go the feelings she had kept pent up inside of her for the past hour. 
A wet substance rolled down her left cheek and reached her jaw. She waited for it to stain her thin jacket before whispering into the cloudless sky,
 
 
"I'm sorry."
 
=
 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N : Hey there everyone! So yeah, this is my Christmas Special. I was inspired by 2NE1's "Missing You". I'm thinking twice about continuing this as a mini-series actually. But I'm not sure. I'd like to thank haruhiana for helping me post this one cause by the time you have already read this, I'll probably be away :) Anyway, Merry Christmas to all of you! I hope you all enjoyed this :) and I apologize for the long "MIA" phase.