Only When You're Lonely

Breathe: a collection of drabbles

 Taemin skipped over to where his phone lay next to his bed in a heartbeat after hearing the first ring.

He picked his mobile up and saw that the caller id displayed the name he had been waiting so long for. Picking up the call, he nervously chocked out, "H-Hello?"

He almost forgot to breathe once the person on the other side spoke up. That voice, so beautifully husky, said, "Hey Minnie. Can you come down for a while?"

Instantly he said, "Yes." He only realized his mistake after he said that firm reply. Stuttering, he tried to cover himself by making a lame excuse. "W-Wait, you mean like...now? I don't think--"

"Minnie, please." Minho's voice pleaded with a lonely desperation. Taemin could just about imagine the look on Minho's face right now, frowning frustratedly in the cold midnight breeze. It was three in the morning, and Taemin already knew what it was that Minho wanted from him. He knew the other only came to him as consolation, but he couldn't refuse even if he wanted to. He could never give up a chance to be with him. He loved him, he still did.

With his dwindling resolve, it was too easy to give into the temptation. And Taemin was weak. "Alright, I'll be down in five."

He got his jacket and shoved his feet into his shoes, running down the stairs in less than three minutes. Pushing open his apartment's gate, he jogged into the lonely arms that was waiting for him.

It was painful, being a mere substitute, but it was better than nothing. He would give anything to have Minho in his arms. Even though the one Minho loves will always be Jinki-hyung, it was okay.

Minho harshly kissed his lips as he hands deftly slid down to his waist, pulling him closer. "Thank you, Minnie. I love you."

Taemin let himself fall into his embrace and smiled bitterly. He held the last three words Minho said close in his heart even though he knew the other didn't really mean it when he said that. It was still appreciated very much by Taemin's yearning heart.

"Yeah. Me too." Taemin whispered into Minho's nape.