..never killed the cat.

Don't Fall In Love With A Curious One
 
The curious people don't settle with your shell, they want the insides too. They want what makes you heavy, what makes you uneasy, what makes you laugh of joy, what makes you scream of anger and what makes you cry of heartbreak. They will want you raw for them to know every single thing that defines you. They won't stop themselves from making a complete map detailing every little thing that composes you. And, like a contract with the devil, their skin will turn into pages that you learn to pour your entire being in. A hopeless necessity. An unseen dependance.
 
Don't fall in love with a curious one. Listen to me. They won't let a sigh go unexplained. They won't let a thought go unspoken. They want to know it all. They will want to know exactly what they did to get you to love them that much. How it got developed. How much it keeps growing. Year, month, week, day. What time was it? What did I say? What did I do? How did you feel? Why?
 
 
"Do you remember the dukbokki place we went after your entrance exam?" 
 
As always, a lost question appeared out of nowhere but unlike before, SungGyu was already used to listen to them pop out at the most awkward and uncalled places. Didn't matter when, if they were wondered, they were expressed out loud. So, even if they were in the middle of watching a film, SungGyu still smiled letting his mind go back to that vivid memory before he patiently murmured.
 
"What about it?"
 
There was obiously more behind that simple wonder.
 
"You loved the kimchi there."
 
That wasn't a question, it was a statement. SungGyu found himself snorting as his chest began to warm up. He knew where WooHyun was going with this but he kept it to himself. 
 
The younger of them shifted on the wide seat from the cinema.
 
"I did."
 
There was a delicate sound of nostalgia mixed with fondness in SungGyu's voice that sparkled like Champagne's bubbles in WooHyun's ears. Instantly, he turned to see the older male's profile and SungGyu was sure the special glow had appeared once again in his orbs. The glow that made him look younger and innocent.
 
The fact that he created that special feature in WooHyun brought an unexplicable pleasure to SungGyu.
 
"What? What is it?"
 
WooHyun poked SungGyu's side but he just got his hand hit, other than that, nothing. There was no way SungGyu was going to give in. He wasn't going to voice out the fact that he remembered perfectlydetails and everythingthe kiss they had shared after eating in that old and rather shabby place in Hongdae. 
 
Their first kiss had tasted just like korean herbs and fish. What a romantic memory he wanted to burry in the depths of the Han River. 
 
"Yah, Hyung, tell me. Don't keep it to yourself!" WooHyun whispered and 'whispered' again, each time his voice going higher.
 
Minutes later SungGyu found himself revealing everything. People turning to sent them deadly glares and not so educated whispers wasn't that pleasing for him. WooHyun, on the other side, seemed immune.
 
 
Don't fall in love with a curious one, because I've been there. I know it too well. They will slowly your shirt, strip you and take all their time to read every scar, every mark, every curve. As if they cared, they will carefully dissect your every limb, every organ, every inch of skin, every thought, everything. And then they will walk back home, eat their dinner and fall asleep without returning your calls.
 
You will never be their lifelong expedition.
 
The heart is a mystery only for so long.
 
 
"You just got here? Where were you? It's almost midnight."
 
"Out."
 
It wasn't the first time. It had been a while that SungGyu had noticed himself being the one asking the questions in their relationship. But unlike him, sometimes WooHyun seemed uninterested in answering.
 
Even if SungGyu wanted to ignore it, the warmth he had once felt had started to slowly freeze with the few response WooHyun gave him.
 
"Did you had dinner?"
 
A snort came out. The kind of snort that make people feel stupid. 
 
"Why wouldn't I?"
 
SungGyu looked down, trying to direct his frown to his bare feet that slightly touched the floorhe was sitting in a stool from the kitchen. This was the other side of WooHyun SungGyu had known since ever, he wasn't fond of it but he had accepted it. Before he would snap every now and them, but since WooHyun had started to change, SungGyu wasn't so sure how to react. 
 
Was he doing something wrong? Maybe giving too much? 
 
Swallowing, he closed his eyes. He started to internally debate in whether he should say what he had intented to since that evening or not. 
 
"WooHyun," he started getting a soft hum. "Do you remember my sunbae from the Pedagogy department?"
 
"Huh, Noona?" Finally WooHyun's gaze was set on SungGyu. "What about her? Did she call you?"
 
Yeah."
 
The way WooHyun had started so casually to call his sunbae 'Noona' wasn't enjoyable. 
 
"She said we should hang out another time. That she had fun last time."
 
"That sounds like a plan."
 
The smile crowning WooHyun's lips, SungGyu was sure it wasn't meant for him.
 
"She's a nice person," SungGyu grimaced at his own words. It had been so hard to say it sincerely. 
 
He waited some moments, his eyes set on WooHyun's frame. Should he go on? SungGyu dared to do what he had learnt from his younger lover.
 
"Don't you think she's nice?"
 
He could see WooHyun's features relax before a short nod was given.
 
"Sure," then he voiced the answer before he bitted his inner cheek. "She seems... interesting?"
 
It had been a while since SungGyu had seen that glow cover the younger male's eyes.
 
 
There is no ache like loving a curious one who chases every falling star that crosses their way but never catches one. Who comes and sees, conquers and then leaves without a second thought.
 
I've fallen in love with a curious one. Maybe one day that person will take the bus back to the place we used to call home and be curious enough to read one last message from me carved on the old wooden stairs we used to climb everyday. 
 
<<There's a curiosity in you that someday will move mountains as effortlessly as you've moved me for years.>> 
 
 
 
 
 
..this two-shot is dedicated to a friend who gave me this advice.. an advice I had to share.