The feeling of not being hated

The kiss is followed by a hug
He's just a normal boy. The only thing that is different, is that he just gets feelings for other boys. He's gay. He has never in his life been in love with a girl. 
 
He had friends. He had friends six years ago. He's 23 now, and he doesn’t have any friends. 
When he was 17 he told his friends, the friends he thought he had, that he's gay. Since then he has never had a friend. He has been a lonely soul. 
 
He hardly dared to meet people since what happened when he was 17 years old.
He left school, and he was almost never outside his own house. He was bullied out of school. Bullied for being different. Bullied for being incorrectly created. That's what everyone else said. He now looks at himself as incorrectly created and worthless. He has no confidence. 
 
Now he needed to go out. He had to force himself to go all the way to the store again. He has been at the store at least once a week, to buy the food he needed. He doesn’t eat much.
He tried to make his brown, short hair look good. He thinks it looks terrible, no matter how it is. His dark eyes is shone in the mirror. 
 
It took him 40 minutes to go to the store. On the way he met a gang that was in his last class. They shouted at him. "Gay!", they shouted, like it was a bad thing. They laughed at him and pushed him as they walked by. 
 
He arrived at the store.. He knew the people who worked there. He won't call them friends, but they didn’t bully him, at least. They're adults enough to understand him. 
He went to the fruit and vegetable shelves. Apples. He wanted to buy some apples. So he could sit and cut out hearts when he feels lonely. 
He grabbed an apple that looked good. Another hand grabbed the same apple.
 
"I'm sorry!" he said quickly. 
 
"It’s fine, you can take it.” Replied a soft, pleasant voice. 
 
He lifted his head and looked straight at a boy with dark eyes and brown hair, a little bit longer than his own, standing in front of him. The boy handed the apple over to him. 
 
"Here, take it." the boy said. 
 
"T-thank you." He replied. 
 
"My name is Lu Han.” the strange boy replied.. "What’s your name?" 
 
"Min Seok." He replied quietly. 
 
They had agreed to walk together, as they're going the same way. Min Seok felt nervous, he didn't know what to say. Or if he should say anything at all. Maybe he was getting his first friend again, after what happened? 
They were both quiet, but they looked at each other now and then. Min seok liked Lu Han's eyes. He liked them a lot. They shone like the sun for him. 
 
They had walked for half an hour, and a crossroad came into view.
 
"I'm going to the left, what about you?" Lu Han asked. 
 
"I'm going to the right. My house is about 10 minutes from here. Maybe we can talk again?" Min Seok replied.
 
He couldn't believe he just asked about that.
 
"You can get my cell phone number!" Lu Han replied.
 
They exchanged phone numbers, and walked home. 
Just before they said good bye at the crossroad, Lu Han gave Min Seok a quick hug.
 
He was thinking. He thought about Lu Han and his beautiful eyes. He wondered what Lu Han would say if he told him that he’s gay. Should he just keep it a secret from him? 
Min Seok was sure about one thing. He didn''t regret going to the store this time.
Usually at night he used to think about how people hated him, and cry himself to sleep. This night he thought about Lu Han. The feeling of getting a friend after years alone was fantastic.
This night Min Seok didn't cry himself to sleep. He fell asleep, with a small smile on his face.