Chapter 10

Perhaps it's fate

I sat on the bed, my heart pounding in my chest. Hangeng was finally gone. Thank goodness. If he had stayed and talked through the door any longer, I was afraid that I would have given in. I fell back onto the bed.

“Oh what am I doing?” I covered my eyes.

“You are an idiot Aika.” I scolded myself.

“If you want to stay then stay! It’s not that hard.” I rolled over onto my side and sighed. My one year stay in Korea had turned out like this. Who would’ve known? I looked out the window and saw heavy raindrops falling. A sudden thought occurred to me. Where they going out to perform tonight? I walked over to my bag and pulled out the copy of their schedule that Eeteuk had given me. Why I still had it, I didn’t know. I scanned my eyes over the page.

May 1: MBC Music Bank, “Sorry Sorry” I frowned. So they did have a performance. It was raining really hard too. I grabbed my umbrella and headed for the door. I had to see that they were at least well sheltered.

 

************************************************************************

            Fans were screaming out names of their favorite Super Junior members when I arrived.

“Hangeng!!”

“Eeteuk!”

“Sungmin!!”

“Ryeowook!!!”

“Yesung!!!” I managed to find a space in the crowd where I could see them. They seemed to each have a “bodyguard” of sorts and an umbrella. I sighed in relief. Silly Aika. Of course they’re well protected. They are top stars after all. I sighed and was about to go when Heechul’s gaze fell on me. My eyes widened as he tapped Hangeng on the shoulder and pointed in my direction. Hangeng saw me, and made a move to head for me. I took a step back, and ran.

 

************************************************************************

Hangeng POV

 

            “Aika!” I called out to her but she was gone. I sighed.

“There she goes.” Heechul murmured. We got into the van, and I leaned back into my seat. I was exhausted. And I missed Aika terribly. I didn’t know why, but I just did. Then Siwon, who had been studying me for a while, spoke.

“Hankyung-hyung.”

“Hm?

“Are you in love?” Instantly all conversation in the van came to a standstill. I stared at Siwon incredulously.

“WHAT?!”

“Are you in love?” He repeated innocently.

“What the…what the heck are you talking about!?” I spluttered, “How can I be in love when I didn’t even have time to take care of Rong Rong?”

“Falling in love doesn’t need time sometimes hyung.” Siwon said sweetly, “Who knows, maybe you fell in love and didn’t even realize it.” I frowned at him.

“With whom do you speculate I’m in love with?”

“Aika-noona.” He stated clearly. Everyone stared at him incredulously.

“WHAT?!” Twelve voices, including mine, shrieked at him.

“You can’t be seriously Siwon.” I snapped at him, crossing my arms, “I am definitely NOT in love with anyone, much less Aika. Why would you think that anyway?”

“Oh, I don’t know, the way you’re always so out of it ever since noona left.” Siwon replied.

“I do not!” I protested.

“Yes you are.”

“No I’m not!” Heechul poked me.

“Actually, I’ve been noticing it too. It always looks like your mind is floating somewhere.” I stared at him and was about to retort when Eeteuk-hyung spoke.

“Yes Hankyung, I’ve seen it too actually. You almost did the wrong dance move today. I saw it.”

“You’re not helping!” I shouted. Thankfully, the van pulled up to the condos just then, and I shooed everybody out.

 

************************************************************************

Aika POV

 

“Darn umbrella.” I stood soaking wet in the doorway of my hotel suite. Despite using an umbrella, I was still somehow soaking wet. How, I didn’t know. I glared at the red umbrella in my hand and tossed it aside.

“Useless.” I muttered. Umbrellas were supposed to keep water out, not in. Sheesh. An image of Hangeng’s seemingly desperate face surfaced in my mind, and I shook my head to rid myself of it. Thinking of them would only make me feel depressed. I sneezed. Okay, standing in the middle of my room soaking wet wasn’t going to do me any good. I headed to the bathroom. Time to take a shower.

 

************************************************************************

Hangeng POV

 

            “You’re in love with Aika-noona.” Siwon’s words rang through my head as I sat on my bed, running different possibilities through my mind. I was in love? Crazy. No way, no how.

“I mean, I like her, but that doesn’t mean I’m in love right?” I mumbled to myself. I did miss her, I did want to see her again, I did want to hear her laugh and see her smile again, but I…

“No no no!” I threw my arms over my head. I was not absolutely NOT in love with Aika!

 

************************************************************************

            “Achoo!” I sighed as I sneezed yet again.

“I gotta have a cold or something.” I muttered as I lay on the bed. Stupid umbrella. My head was pounding, and I felt dizzy as I stared at the ceiling. My cellphone rang, and I reached across to the night table to grab it.

“Hello?” I mumbled blearily.

“Aika? Aika-noona?” I groaned. I hadn’t even bothered to check the caller ID. Stupid, stupid Aika! Oh well, too late now.

“Yes Ryeowook?”

“Oh yay! I actually found you!” I sighed.

“What is it?”

“Well..um, you see, we all miss you!”

“And?

“Just wanted to let you know…” I coughed and sat up.

“Well that’s just lovely Wookie.”

“Noona, are you sick?” I slipped to the floor and walked back and forth in the little isle in front of the beds.

“No, I’m fine.” I sneezed and coughed again.

“Doesn’t sound like it noona.”

“I’m fine.” I rubbed my temple, which was throbbing with a headache.

“Anyway, don’t worry about me, or think about me. Tell the others that too.”

“Um, okay noona.” I sighed and shook my head. Ryeowook was so sweet and innocent.

“Okay Ryeowook, I’ll…” My vision suddenly blurred, and my voice trailed off.

“Noona?” He sounded worried.

“I’m fine.” I muttered. I took another step, pitched forward, and was swept away into darkness.