Surprise

~Angel Delight One Shot Request Shop~ | CLOSED |

Pairing: idol x you

Idol: EXO m - Tao

Genre: romance and fluff

Storyline: Tao has been busy with his schedule, and you think you won't get to see him but he surprises you and takes you for a picnic

 

 

You glanced out of your window longingly, the sun was blazing hot outside and the sky was clear. You could see young children having water fights in their front gardens as their mothers watched them, secretly using this excuse to catch some of the sun ray goodness. You frowned and looked down at your endless course work, secretly wishing you could be outside enjoying the hot weather like everyone else.

You jumped slightly when you felt your phone vibrate in your pocket, completely forgetting it was there. You quickly scrambled to retrieve the device, when you managed to wiggle it out of the surprisingly tight pocket of your denim shorts; you unlocked it and smiled when you saw your background. It was a picture of you and your boyfriend Zitao, otherwise known as Tao by the rest of Korea, China and maybe other parts of the world. Your boyfriend happened to be a member of one of the largest pop groups in Korea; EXO. Though this was always nice to know and very exciting for you considering they were one of your favourite groups, it did put a lot of strain on your relationship. Being an idol took time and hard work, both which Tao was very keen on giving for both him and his group members. Since EXO had recently made a comeback with 'Growl' they were all extremely busy with promotions, shows, interviews, photo shoots and what not, meaning Tao found it hard to find time to text you let alone spend time with you. He tried his best but he was a busy man.

You shook your head when you felt tears prickling in your eyes at the thought of your boyfriend, you missed him dearly and wasn't even sure when you would seem him next. You quickly entered you inbox and clicked on the unread message from an unknown number.

'Eunji this is Sehun. I really need your help. Will you meet me at SM building as soon as possible? Thank you' the message read. You frowned slightly. What could Sehun possibly need from you?

Deciding the older male wouldn't text you if it wasn't urgent you quickly replied saying you were on the way before pushing your papers aside and springing down stairs. You quickly slipped on some sandals and grabbed a small jacket from the coat rack before shouting goodbye to your mother who was mostly watching super junior videos again.

You walked quickly towards the SM building which actually wasn't far from where you lived. You came to a stop at a crossing, pressing the small button that would signal for you to cross over. When the familiar beeping met your ears over the noise of the busy road you crossed over before carrying on walking briskly towards the building that was just in sight. Before you knew it, you were outside the building. You quickly text Sehun, telling him you were outside, you fanned yourself lightly with your hand as the heat from walking fast caught up with you.

In minutes you heard the sound of a door opening and closing and the sound of foot steps behind you. You turned around to see Sehun stood behind you wearing a pair of knee length shorts with small blue patterns on them and white vans; he had his hood pulled up over his white blonde hair and his hands stuffed into his pockets.

"Thank you for coming on such short notice, Eunji." He said, politely bowing before leading the way to a black car with black tinted Windows. He opened one of the doors and gestured for you to get in. Your raised a questioning eyebrow as you walked slowly towards the car.

"Where are we going?" You asked, when you reached the door.

"Just trust me and get in the car." Sehun said, a small smirk on his lips. You quickly climbed into the back of the car and sat on the squishy leather seats. You buckled yourself in as Sehun did the same in the front.

"Ready?" He asked over his shoulder. You nodded your head in reply before he gestured for the driver to set off.

Twenty minutes or so passed as you watched the passing scenery, until eventually the car stopped. You looked out of the front window and saw the sea and sand, your eyes widened in confusion.

"Why are we at the beach?" You asked, looking at Sehun with accusing eyes.

"Like I said, trust me. Now run along there's someone waiting for you." Sehun ordered teasingly, you nodded your head again before climbing out of the car. You walked through the small parking lot towards the beach and stopping where the sand started, you slipping off your sandals before walking across the grainy sand. You walked for a few minutes in search of another person but the beach seemed to be deserted. You came stop when you saw a large checked picnic blanket laid across the sand; two plates were already set out with a small candle in a glass holder in the middle. You glanced around you looking for anyone who could have made such a pretty scene but found nothing till a voice broke the silence.

"Like what you see?" The voice asked, causing you to smile. You knew that voice anywhere. You spun round to see Tao stood behind you, a large wicker picnic basket in one hand and a small shiny red bag in the other. Your eyes took in everything about his tall lean body; he was wearing a pair of three quarter length denim jeans with a thin white V-neck t-shirt, his tanned arms browner than usual from the hot weather. His hair had changed since you last saw him instead of being red it was a sandy blonde.

He smiled happily when he noticed your shocked expression before placing the basket on the ground and walking towards you with his arms open wide. You gladly settled into his warm embrace as you wrapped your arms around his waist and rested your cheek on his chest.

"I've missed you." You mumbled as Tao swayed you both slightly from side to side.

"I missed you too." He replied as he pulled out of the hug and stood arm’s length away. "Now let's eat." He said, gesturing to the wicker basket. You nodded your head and turned around; you sat down on one end of the soft blanket and ran the edges between your fingers. Tao sat opposite you and opened the basket; he pulled out various little tin foil packages and small plastic containers. He placed each container on the blanket as he pulled out two plastic cups and a bottle of fizzy Apple juice.

"Considering we can't drink wine, this will have to do." He explained with a smile. He pulled out the last of the snacks and utensils. He handed you one of the containers and a pair of chopsticks. You smiled happily when you noticed he had brought your favourite noodles along.

"Sorry they aren't warm." He apologized with a small frown. You shook your head and opened the tub.

"They're perfect." You said, as you picked up some noodles and popped them in your mouth. You hummed lightly at the delicious tasting food, causing Tao to grin happily.

"I'm glad you like it." He said as he took one of the tin foil packages and opened it up, taking put a perfectly cut sandwich. He smiled happily before taking a large bite. You shook your head and laughed.

"Hungry are we?"

"Yah! I’ve been training all day!" He said, pouting cutely. You shook your head before continuing eat the noodles.

The both of you ate in silence, just enjoying each other’s company. You glanced over and watched the waves of the sea ripple upon the sand. A small breeze came in from the sea, ruffling your hair slightly.

"Oh! I almost forgot!" Tao exclaimed, breaking the silence. You looked in his direction again to see his was holding up the small red bag from earlier.

"This is for you." He said, shaking it gently.

"Oh you didn't have to." You said, reaching out for the bag.

"I wanted to." Tao countered, crossing his legs and leaning forward.

"Now open it." He said smiling. You frowned slightly feeling guilty you did get him anything.

"But... I don't have anything to give you." You said, sneaking a look into the bag.

"I don't want anything. Now open it." Tao said, jumping in his seat slightly.

You slowly opened the bag and peered inside, a small black jewellery box lay in side. You took out the box and opened it up. Inside was a small silver charm bracelet with small Chinese simple charms, the shiny surface reflected the sun perfectly.

"Wow." Was all you could say. Tao chuckled and gently pulled your wrist towards him; he put the bracelet on and smiled.

"Perfect fit." He said, smiling again as to stare at your wrist with wide eyes.

"What do these mean?" You asked, touching each charm carefully.

"This means love." He said, taking one between his fingers gently. "This is heart." He said, moving to the next one. "And this is forever." He said, allowing his fingers to lightly brush against you wrist. You felt a brush creep across your cheeks at the small action and turned to look away mumbling a thank you.

The sun was starting to set over the sea, turning the clouds a pale shade of Orange. You could hear Tao rustling around in front of you but you couldn't tear your eyes away from the beautiful sight before you.

"Shall we go for a walk?" Tao asked, you glanced over at him too see he had packed everything away into the baskets and was now stood up with the basket in one hand and a hand outstretched waiting for you to take.

You took his hand and stood up before bending down to pick up the blanket. You locked your fingers with Tao’s and smiled happily.  You both walked in a comfortable silence until you broke the silence.

“I missed you.” You mumbled again, squeezing Tao’s hand.

“I missed you too.” He replied, you could hear the smile in his voice.

“When will I see you after this?” You asked, looking down at the sand beneath your feet. You heard Tao sigh before he stopped in front of you.

“I don’t know. But I promise it will be soon.” He said as he cupped you cheeks in his hands. You leaned into the touch and smiled again.

“I hope so.” You whispered.

You closed your eyes when you felt Tao run his thumb over your cheek bone, before you felt soft lips on yours. The kiss was sweet and pure; the movement of Tao’s lips one your own sent butterflies racing in your stomach.  Tao pulled out of the kiss and rested his forehead against yours.

“I love you.” He said, sending more butterflies flying in your stomach.

“I love you too.”

 

Words ~ 1848

 


Hello, this is Author Jodie :D haha this is the first one shot to be uploaded eeek hahahah I am dedicating this one shot to our beloved Emily. the second author to this one shot collection!! its a late birthday present from me!! so HAPPY BIRTHDAY EMILY!! XX SARANGHAEYO!!


*Emily floats in to just casually reply on here because I am happy*
Thank you unni! It's wonderful and beautiful kyaaaaa *dies* I read it in media and I couldn't stop squealing!!!!~~
Thank you for the Birthday present it's wonderful! I won't comment on here on every one-shot you do for me, but I wanted to comment on this one on here because yey ~~ ㅋㅋㅋ ^^