Chapter 1

Dreaming Heaven

"OMO IS THIS REAL???? UMMA LOOK! LOOK!!!!!" I screamed, handing over a piece of paper to my mom who was sitting on a couch in front of the TV.

"Dear Sir/Madam, I'm sorry to bla bla bla and it would be of an honour bla bIa bla and I hereby inform you that your child, Song Ha Neul, is invited to sit on an interview with the head of Mongjin High School due to her score in her entrance test for the scholarship program. I will... O? OMO OMO YOU WHAT?!" she squealed and immediately pulled me close to her for a warm embrace.

"I'm SOOOOOO proud of you, honey. I knew you are smart since the minute you were born," she kept on complimenting me with a non-stop smile formed on her face. I proudly replied her,

"I wasn't smart at all, umma, I was lucky. I bet God changes my wrong answers without the invigilators knowing it and He purposedly improve my scores so that I'm now able to have that interview."

"Aish until when will you stop saying that everything is based on luck, not your own ability?" she cried. I shook my head a little.

"My ability takes a very little part of my life, the remaining parts are all luck." She rolled her eyes and left.

"Yeah, I guess tomorrow will be the best day of my life!!!!!" I cheer to myself.

********************************************************************************

"TODAY WAS AWFUL!!! I hate this school I hate those people I hate my life." I regretted what I said yesterday. Even though I passed the interview and all, I just couldn't accept this particular one thing. It bothers me the most.

*********************************************************************************

After the interview ended, just when I was about to go to my car and go home, I heard someone calling out for somebody. I looked at the face of the person. Flawless. Tall, his chest is about my head. Friendly face, sweating and looking desperate. The kind of guy a person like me would want to do anything to complete him with.

"Hey, are you new? Did you see a guy who's this tall, wearing a yellow jacket and a hat. He just passed by right here right now did you see him?" He kept blabbering some unfamiliar english words that I could barely understand. For your record, this Mongjin High is very reputable all around South Korea regarding the talented students, they are all highly competitive in any kind of major you could mention, science, math, english, arts, sports, you name it. They top it all. In addition to that, of course, this school is also the school of male and female kingkas. One of the example is standing before me right now.

"Um.. hello?" he waved his hands in front of my dazzled face. I snapped back to reality.

"Oh, yeah, I mean no I don't. ha ha. ha... okay I uh, I, hahaha. bye," I stutter. I freaking stutter. Ugh, embarrassing. Idiot, idiot what an idiot.

"Chogiyo... I'm sorry I haven't introduce myself. I'm Kim Jong In, and you are?" he patted my shoulder after I turn around to leave him and the awkward atmosphere. I shut my eyes hoping that he would just ignore me and search for his friend instead. It was my first time interacting with people in this huge school, besides the interviewer, of course. So I guess it's just another luck of mine.

"Ah, yes. I'm Ha Neul, Song Ha Neul. Nice to meet you, Kim Jong In." I tried to put on my best smile. He scratched his head, smiling bluntly. OMG WHAT WAS THAT. MY HEART SKIPS A BEAT. LITERALLY. OMG WHAT HAPPEN TO THE OXYGEN WHY CAN'T I BREATHE?

"Yeah, nice to meet you, too, Ha Neul. Say, you're new here?" he started a conversation that I am not aware of. I nodded sheepishly.

"I got a scholarship. I'll be an official student starting Monday. Can I ask why you're here on a Saturday?" I asked, realizing that today's not a school day, if he's a student he should be on a day off.

"A scholar, huh? Wow, you must be very smart or something. Oh, we're having a basketball match, but we're in a break for 45 minutes and the game's on about 20 more minutes and this friend of mine that I was looking for is missing. Anyway, do you want to watch the next game? It's there in the basketball court. A lot of students gathered there, too, to support our school. It could be a good way to make new friends, right?" again. the smile. those teeth. those eyes. define perfection again, please anybody.

"That'd be cool and all but I need to go somewhere else after this. But good luck with your game, though. Fighting!" I clenched my fist up and greet him a goodbye. He watched me leave, shook his head and drift away to find his playmate.

My heart should explode by now seeing how he smiled at me and greeted me. He is probably my first friend in this school, and boy is he gorgeous. I am a happy kid right now, I know today is a lucky day! I know that I'll be accepted in this school and meet new friends and get good grades and m-

BANG!

"Ouch!" I cried, fell on the ground. A tall figure with a yellow jacket and a hat bumped into me. I looked up to his eyes and he does the same thing.

"Sorry, but I'm in a hurry, can you get up by yourself?" He asked, about to lend a hand when I shook my head.

"A...aniyo, gwenchana." I struggled to get up by myself. He clarifies my definition of okay. Like, literally.

"Are you sure you can get up by yourself?"

"But it looks like you're badly thrown to the ground. It was an awesome fall though, but would you be okay?"

"Hey, look. I'm available if you need my help to get up, just say the magic word."

"Ok, ok I get it you can get back up by yourself but why until now you haven't moved an inch from the ground?"

"Like, in a scale of 1 to 10 how painful was your leg?"

"Are you sure you don't want me to take you to the clinic? There's one here, for your information."

"A-"

I laughed.

"What? What's so funny? Can you get up now?" I nodded in agreement.

"Are  you sure?" I nodded again.

"I can get up by myself, don't worry. Someone's looking for you just now, the game's starting in 15 minutes, you should probably go now." I said, getting up by myself. He then nodded and left. My fake smile disappears.

"Aish jinjja how could there be a person in this world that asks so terribly much when he knows that another person is falling on the ground and freaking need help. Aigoo what's wrong with this person." I shrugged and left.

When I walked through the hallway, a group of girls passed by my side and I kind of heard a couple of thing they were shouting saying.

"Omo! Your hair looks so pretty, what shampoo did you use?"

"Shampoo? I have a private hairdresser at my chateau. Of course the shampoo is exclusively made for my hair's nutrition."

"Really? Well my dress are all made by a famous Italian designer, he's very close to our family you know."

"You mean the dress you wore last night at Jae Hee's party..?"

"Uh-uh."

"Daebak!!"

"And also my ca- hey wait a second young lady you're not going anywhere." They all stopped when I managed to get past them. Maybe I was acting disrespectful and what not.

"You are so disrespectful. Don't you know the rules here?" one of them with the shortest skirt ever shouted when I just glared at them after they called me.

"Oh I guess you're new, then?" another girl says with a smile that is more demonic than demon's.

"Yes. My name's So-"

"Ah sorry we don't feel like knowing your name, right girls?" the rest of the girls nodded in agreement. I rolled my eyes.

"Listen here, newbie. We're your senior here and do not dare to speak like that with your senior ever again, you copy? Oh and when you happen to see us on your way somewhere, don't hesitate to bow to us, show some respect!" the first girl played with her hair. But then when I'm about to defend myself she spoke,

"If you're following the rules then... welcome to Mongjin High! Annyeong, I'm Gyu Won! Sorry about the bad introduction, hahah it was only an act, we are aiming to be actreesses and stuff." she said, cheerfully. The other girls greeted me very nicely, too, surprisingly. I swear if it wasn't for my curiosity I will scratch their faces off. I'll just let it go for today. One thing that it's true is that all of them have some nice appearance. By nice I mean they're all pretty, physically.

"So what's your name?" one of them asked.

"I... it's Ha Neul. Song Ha Neul."

"Okay, Ha Neul, do you want to watch the basketball match with us? Our school is winning!" the other one shouted.

"Ah, ne. I'd love to, but sadly I have to go somewhere, so yeah... haha. bye," I said, bowing my head and leaving the five of them. When I reached the door I can still hear them shouting, doing what they did a minute ago before they talked to me. I can also hear one of them saying,

"She really bows. OMO hahahahahaha!"

I was about to open the door when I knocked on a chest of a huge figure. I guess 3/4 the size of a sumo. Ultra big, you may say.

"Sorry! Oh my God I'm so sorry." I said, receiving a cold glare from that person.

The bad luck doesn't end here. My mother left me at the school, she left because I was taking way too long in the interview and she said there's a huge sale in a shopping street nearby so she told me to go there or wait at the school. I decided to wait at the school, since my mom will be so annoying when it comes to shopping with her daughter.

Ah, yes. The basketball match. I walked back to the school hall looking for the basketball court. The school is really big. The hallway is crazily spacious. Maybe enough for two container trucks to fit in. The floor is really classy, same as the wall and the ceiling. There are tall pillars attached to several meters to each other, indicating the strong base for the building. I couldn't imagine how the classroom would look like if the hallway itself is this big.

I could hear noises from that direction, yes, I finally found the basketball court. I checked my watch, the game has started about 5 minutes ago. I went in and saw a lot of students cheering for their respective dream teams. I also spotted the five girls I was talking to just now.

Looking at those tall players... Ah! There he is! Kim Jong In. He's not as tall as the other players but he's definitely taller than me. That means I'm a dwarf now for them tall dudes.

"Uwaaah he's good! jinjja!" I squealed in awe as I see him dribbling the ball with his tricks and whatever. It's the hair. His sweaty hair that dances when he runs. So so so so so so so beautiful.

"Who's good? Kai?" A girl's voice came.

"Ani... It's Kim Jong In. He's pretty good at it." I said, not knowing whom am I talking to.

"Kai's real name is Kim Jong In. OMO? You know his real name? I thought it's only me and those five girls that knows his name. Are you his noona?" she bombarded me with questions.

"He's called Kai? Ah, ani.. I'm not his noona, we happen to met each other just now. I barely know him, hahaha." I said shrugging my shoulder. Her eyes widened.

"But he's- nevermind who are you really? I think your face looks so unfamiliar, are you new?" she asked. I nodded.

"I'm  Song Ha Neul, and yes I'm new here so please help me," I bowed to her.

"Mwo? Don't bow to me you crazy everyone will say I'm evil." She forced me to get up.

"I'm Yu Ri. Park Yu Ri. Just don't bow like that to me or to anybody else in this school, ok? You don't want to be seen like a servant." she explains. I tilted my head, did not get any of her thing.

"But somebody told me to-"

"Of course that brat. I'll handle them later."