The Truth

Beauty and The Billionaire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eunjung’s P.O.V.

That’s it. I’m going to end this thing right here and right now. There is no more of my heart left for that jackass to break. It’s already shredded into pieces. He had humiliated me in everyway possible and I am not going to let him do that to me any longer.

 

I pulled myself up, wiped off the tears from my face and marched downstairs to tell my mother and his parents that this deal, this whole ing mess is off. And I I’ll pay back every damn penny they gave my mother to clear our debt even if it means I have to work for the rest of my life.

 

When I arrived at the living hall, Jihyen, Dennis and the other boys were sitting around talking with wines in their hands. I cleared my throat and they looked at me. “Did you guys see my mother and Taec’s parents?” I sounded a little angry I guess, because Jihyen’s face changed and she stood up.

 

“They’re in my father’s study. Why? What’s going on? Taec just dashed out without saying a word.”

 

Figures. That’s what he does best. Run.

 

“Nothing’s wrong Jihyen, I just wanted to talk to my mom.” I say with an apologetic smile and quickly made a move before she ask me more question.

 

But, damn this house is big. The study? Where the hell is the study? I went through the kitchen and came out the other side. Jeez, the house is connected all around-that’s convenient. As I turn around I saw a huge mahogany door to my right, slightly ajar and there were voices coming from the inside and one of it was Kwang Ik’s. I guess this is the study. I should barge in, yell that I don’t want to get married with their ing moron of a son, drag my mum and walk away with my head held high.

 

That would be the most proper thing to do.

 

But to hell with proper. Curiosity is the new lust. You just can’t control. I just wanted to know what they were talking about in such secrecy that they couldn’t have discussed at the hall.

 

I inched closer and peeped through the slight crack of the door and I saw my mom sitting across Taec’s parents. Her shoulder slumped, head hung forward and she was sobbing. “Eunjung doesn’t know about it. I didn’t want her to know so did my husband.”

 

What? About what?

 

“He told me that she had enough burden to carry in her life at such young age and he doesn’t want her to suffer anymore. We just want her to study and establish a better life for her future. She’s a strong girl you know.”

 

Taec’s mother exchanged seat next to my mother and hugged her tenderly. “We know she is.”

 

Then my mother’s sobbing became worse as she looked at Kwang Ik’s face and said. “But how am I supposed to tell her that I am dying, that both my kidneys just gave up on me.”

 

No. No please tell me that all of this is just some sick joke. It can’t be true. It just can’t.

 

“Year after year, we spend so much money for my dialysis and other medical expenses that there was just no other way than to owe from banks and loan sharks. I thought I would be the one who would die, but fate played a cruel joke and took my husband first. Now I just don’t know what to do. I paid the older debts with the money you gave me, and now new ones pops out. I tried to run what remains of my shop but everyday it becoming emptier and this damn sickness...the doctor said that I had to do dialysis every week now. Not even a single part of my life is becoming better.”

 

“In Yang-shi, everything happens for a reason. It brought our families together did it not? And that is more than I could ever ask for. Helping you and your daughter is the only salvation I had in return for my sins to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter