Epilogue

That Voice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun stood outside the hospital room Chanri was in, tears falling down his face.

"Are you Baekhyun-ssi?" the nurse asked Baekhyun. Baekhyun wiped away his tears and nodded. "Here," the nurse passed a letter to him. "Chanri-ssi asked me to pass these to you after she pass away." Baekhyun thanked the nurse and took the letter from her. The nurse walked away.

Baekhyun looked at the letter.

'To: Baekhyun oppa <3'

He went home and sat down on the sofa. He opened the letter and read it.

 

Dear Baekhyun oppa,

By the time you read this, I'll be gone. Don't you dare cry while reading this. I'll be watching you from up there. :)

When I first heard I had leukemia, I was devastated of course. But the more I think about it, I thought 'Maybe it's God's will.' you know? Maybe it's God's will for me to be gone. So don't be sad over my death, it may be a blessing in disguise. You may meet someone better than me, hopefully. I wouldn't want you to be lonely just because I'm gone...

Baekhyun oppa, when I first met you, you were singing and playing the piano. I have to admit your hands are beautiful than mine... *sigh* Haha. I was really really captavited by your voice. Your voice was so nice and I have to say it's beautiful. I fell in love with your voice and you. Remember this: YOUR VOICE IS BEAUTIFUL. 

When you and Exo-K came to sing on my birthday, I was really shocked. When you started singing, I was even more shocked. Because I was so happy that I found you, the owner of the beautiful voice I heard. I immediately recognized you when you started singing. 

I love you more after finally getting to know you. But me being the shy girl, didn't dare to tell you. But then you confessed! And that day was truely my happiest day of my life. I was really happy that you like me too. :) Really really happy :)

We spent each day together sharing lots and lots of laughter and smiles. You made me forget that I had leukemia. 

But as the days passed, I grew weaker. I know that you realised it. I know that you were really sad to see me being so weak. I know that you were trying to be strong for me. I appreciate that. I also know that you were trying to not make me seem weak. You didn't allow me to do things for you fear that if I didn't do it right, I would be sad. All these you did, was just to make me happy.

 

A few tears fell from Baekhyun's eyes as he held the paper tightly in his hands. He noticed that the ink was smuged, knowing that Chanri had cried while writing this letter.

 

 

Promise me that you'll remember me and that you'll find someone else. Even if it's hard, but please move on. I don't want you to be sad over me being gone the whole time. I know that you love me a lot, I really do. But you have to move on... Promise me you'll take care of Chanyeol oppa. He may seem like a tough guy but he's actually weak. Plus he needs to get a girlfriend and get married. 

Even though I'm gone, I'll remember you. I love you and I'll be by your side forever and always. 

 

From the girl who fell with your voice but fell even more after knowing you,

Park Chanri :)

P.S You write excellent songs. I know that you want to be a singer-songwriter. Go and audition for SM. I'll be supporting you, forever and always.

P.P.S I really love you so much. There's a necklace with two rings, wear it. It means I'm with you wherever you are. :)

 

Baekhyun shook the necklace out of the envelope. He saw that there was two rings in the necklace. He wore the necklace around his neck and touched it. He smiled.

 

......

 

"Hey Chanri." Baekhyun placed a bouquet of flowers on the grave. He wiped away the dirt that was covering Chanri's picture. He sat down on the grass beside Chanri's grave.

It has been one year. One year since Chanri passed away. Baekhyun has been spending this one year writing songs. He may get upset once he remembered Chanri but he promised her that he would not be sad over her death. So he wrote songs, keeping his mind off Chanri. But he still remembers Chanri. Their picture was his phone wallpaper. He had taken it with her permission. Both of them were smiling at the camera.

"I have written a new song. Want to hear it?" He asked. A gust of wind came. He smiled and started singing.

This moment feels like I was born as a child who knew nothing
I closed my eyes again in case it would be a dream
You were standing in fron of my desperate self and praying
Just once, I want to walk side by side with you

Taken by the soft wind to your world
You asked me brightly where I came from to your side
And I told you that It was a secret
Wherever we walk together
Will be paradise

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter