The Exchange Student.

The Exchange Student

A story in which Kris was the school’s infamous exchange student and Seohyun was the most popular girl in the campus.

 

 

 

 

Kris felt anxiety gush all over him as soon as he stepped out of the cab. He just came all the way from China to Korea, and he didn’t know a single thing about the Korean language.

 

Screw that foreign exchange student program, he thought.

 

He fixed his eyeglasses and walked inside his new school. Tall buildings everywhere, a sea of elite Korean students minding their businesses, and other stuffs you find in a private school in Seoul.

 

He was too focused on sightseeing to look at where he was going.

 

Someone bumped on him. “Oh, I’m sorry!” An angelic voice said.

 

 

She is Seo Joohyun. Or better known as ‘Seohyun’ in that school. She is the school’s most smartest student, the campus’s sweetheart, and the girl with the golden voice.

 

 

Kris was mesmerized with what he saw. Whoa, is she a g-goddess?

 

Meanwhile, Seohyun was picking up Kris’s books which was scattered on the ground. “U-uh, hello?” Seohyun said after taking his books from the floor.

 

Kris got more confused, she spoke in Korean dammit what should I say?

 

“You don’t speak Korean?” She asked in her perfect English.

 

Holy shi – she sounds like a Californian girl.

 

“A-ah, not at all. Thank you for picking up my books, I’m sorry for bumping on you.” He said, taking his books from Seohyun.

 

She smiled, “You’re welcome. I’m Seohyun, and you are?”

 

Kris fixed his glasses from sliding down his nose, “U-uh, I’m Kris, I’m from China.”

 

“You’re Chinese? But your English is so good, ah, no offense.” She said, eyes widening.

 

He chuckled, “I grew up in Canada. Nice to meet you, Seohyun.”

 

 

 

After a few months of knowing each other, Seohyun and Kris started feeling a bit… strange. They often find themselves blushing for no particular reason. And the fast beating of their hearts also cannot be denied.

 

 

“So, did you take down notes on our Math class or not?” She asked.

 

Kris scratched his head, “I’m not good at Math so I didn’t…” He mumbled.

 

Seohyun puffed her cheeks, “How will you study our lesson then?”

 

“I’ll make you teach me those stupid formulas.” He said and smirked.

 

She pouted, “You’re taking advantage of my kindness!” She playfully replied.

 

“I’m not. You’re too cute, that’s why.” He said, and whispered the last words.

 

She whipped her head to his direction, “What?”

 

Kris almost choked on his own saliva, “What, what?”

 

“You were saying something.”

 

“No, no. Let me treat you some ice cream.” He grinned at her nervously, gulping.

 

Seohyun’s eyes twinkled in delight, “Really?! Alright! Let me just pick up my books on the second floor.” She said before running away.

 

Kris sighed in relief, “I thought she heard.”

 

 

 

“I heard that you’ll be away this weekend. Is that true?” Kris asked while walking her home.

 

“Uh, yes. How did you know that?” She replied, a smile creeping up on her face.

 

He bit his lip, “I kinda eavesdropped earlier at school. I heard some girls talk about you going on a trip somewhere this weekend. I just wanna make sure.”

 

Seohyun chuckled, “Yeah I am. It’s mostly a business trip. My dad wanted me to go with him, and you know that I can’t say no to my dad. And I may not be able to teach you those ‘stupid formulas’ as you say, so I’m just going to hand you my notes. Will that be okay?”

 

A part of Kris felt sad, “Y-yeah… sure. Take care of yourself there, alright?”

 

She laughed quietly, “It’s only a two-day trip, Kris. It’s not like I’m going to live there for months.”

 

He scratched his head and smiled at her sheepishly, “Sorry.”

 

“It’s okay! C’mon, let’s go get some Ice cream!” She said and grabbed his arm, causing electricity to shoot straight on their spines.

 

 

 

 

Kris is sitting on his room, holding Seohyun’s white notebook. He was copying her notes, and doing his best to understand the formulas by himself as he promised her.

 

 

 

By the time Sunday rolled in, Kris decided to do something.

 

 

He will finally confess to her after all these months of ignoring his feelings.

 

 

He knew he was about to face a huge load of crap, but he didn’t care. He loved her not because she was this popular girl in the campus, he loved her not because she’s rich, he loved her not because she’s beautiful, but because she’s Seo Joohyun.

 

 

He loved the way she looked so angelic while playing the piano; the way the lights illuminates her face makes his heart beat faster than it should. He loved her cute ways of expressing herself; the way she puffed her cheeks when something didn’t go as great as she wanted it to be.  And he loved her ever since she bumped on him on the first day.

 

 

He loved everything about her.

 

 

Kris Wu loved the every fiber of Seo Joohyun’s being.

 

 

Kris never thought of waking up next to someone, but clearly Kris will never mind waking up next to her.

 

 

Kris placed the white notebook on the table, thinking of ways on how to confess to her. He grabbed a small sticky note and wrote something; 나는 당신을 사랑합니다.

 

 

I love you.

 

 

The very first words that Seohyun taught him in Korean.

 

 

He ripped it off gently and placed it on the first page of her notebook, so that she can see it when she opens it.

 

 

 

The next morning came in in a blink of an eye. Kris was already frustrated, he doesn’t know what to do after picking his best outfit; though it was only a simple white shirt and a pair of jeans and converse.

 

 

 

There she goes, Kris thought. He sighed deeply when he saw her walking towards him in the hallway. She was smiling at everyone who greets her, as usual.

 

 

“Hey! How are you? Did you get the formulas right?” She asked, grinning.

 

 

Kris gulped, “A-ah, yes I d-did. Thank you.” He said and gave her the notebook, turning his back and speeding off to his Science class.

 

 

What’s up with this guy today? She thought, scratching her head.

 

 

By the time Kris get home, his brain won’t let him think straight. He thinks that he has been dumped, but his heart says that he has to wait.

 

 

“I made a wrong move, I ignored her all day. I didn’t even let her talk to me. Ah, I’m useless.” He told himself.

 

 

A minute later, he received a text.

 

 

It was from her.

 

 

 

 

From: Seohyun

 

“Hey :) I love you too.”