IV: The Victim and the Lie

Accidentally In Love

 

 

1_zps03f35bee.jpg

 

Jiyong closed his eyes in attempt to push away everything that happened earlier that day but he failed. Every time he closed his eyes, he can see the Sandara’s face. He didn’t know that lying to someone could be that tiring, and to think that that whole thing had just started. Clearly, he doesn’t care about the girl, and the lie isn’t really affecting him at all, but thinking that he’s involved in that situation is giving him a headache, big time, because him being involved means that he should spend his time with the girl every time he is not working, he won’t be able to do everything he wanted because the girl will surely be stopping him, at least not literally, and most importantly, he has to look after the girl as her real fiancé.

 

 

Jiyong opened his eyes and stared at the ceiling of his bedroom. He sighed heavily and remembered his conversation with the doctor-in-charged with Sandara’s condition before he went inside her room. He thought that the girl really lost all her memory since she can’t remember her best friend, but after the doctor explained to him and Chaerin what they found out about Sandara’s condition, he knows that the lie they made won’t be for long, for surely, she will eventually remember everything.

 

 

 

 

Flashback: Few hours ago

 

 

 

 

After Jiyong and Chaerin’s agreement, the doctor called Chaerin to his office, telling him that he will be explaining something important to her about Sandara’s condition. Chaerin followed suit, but not after dragging Jiyong with her, telling him that as her best friend’s ‘fiancé’, he should know her conditions for him to know what to do.

 

 

“I believe that we already know that Ms. Park had suffered amnesia.” The doctor started after they had all settled down, and Chaerin nodded to him while Jiyong did not even bother to look at the doctor and just stared outside the window. “After doing some tests, we found out that she hasn’t really lost all her memories.” The doctor informed them.
 

 

Chaerin’s back straightened after she heard what the doctor said. “What do you mean she hasn’t lost all her memories?” she asked and took a glance at Jiyong who is sitting across her. His face is void of any emotions, like the news didn’t affect him at all.

 

 

“Well, a person who suffered from amnesia - I’m pertaining to the amnesia wherein the victim lost every memory she had- usually couldn’t remember anything, even how to read and write. They will be back to like being a child who doesn’t know anything. If that’s the case, then we will be conducting a therapy for the patient to teach him or her the things that he or she needs to learn.” The doctor started. “But in Sandara’s case, she can still remember how to read, write and even have a normal conversation to another person, and that means she can still remember learning them in the past.”

 

 

Chaerin didn’t speak and just waited for the doctor to continue what he was saying. She bit her lower lip in anticipation as the doctor continued what he was saying, while Jiyong only listened, his face giving nothing away.

 

 

“We asked her if she can remember anyone, but she shook her head. She can’t remember anyone from grade school, junior high, high school and college, as well as her parents and family, and where she lives.” The doctor said, making Chaerin slump her shoulder and rest her back on the backrest of the single couch she occupied.

 

 

“But, she said something though, and it made us wonder how it happened.” The doctor looked at Chaerina and then to Jiyong and back to Chaerin again. Jiyong looked at the doctor, waiting for him to say it. Chaerin did the same as well. “She said that she canonly remember a little of the places she had been, but all the people she met, she can’t remember them.”

 

 

Chaerin’s mouth gaped open while Jiyong just stared at the doctor after hearing what he said.

 

 

 

 

---oOo----

 

 

 

 

[CHAERIN]

 

 

 

I paced back and forth in front of my desk after reading the contents of the envelope that Kris delivered. Kris was the one I hired to keep track of Dara’s aunt, and based on what he reported,Dara’s aunt is now conducting a search party in search of Dara’s whereabouts. Good thing I had already changed Dara’s name on the hospital’s record because I know that this will come in handy. Kris’ record also said that Dara’s aunt hired a person to follow me. That means I can’t go to the hospital anymore, unless I unleash my ninja skills and do some ninja moves, which is likely impossible because, first, obviously, I’m not a ninja, and second, I can’t risk my best friend’s safety.

 

 

I fished out my phone and dialed the ert’s number. I always knew he would come in handy. I waited for him to pick up, but after a second, I rolled my eyes when I heard a girl while calling the ert’s name on the other line. Who in their SANE MIND would set the sound of a girl as his ring back tone?My gawd, he is so disgusting.See? I told you, he’s the King of erts.

 

 

“Lee ‘Handsome’ Seungri speaking. How may I help a y woman like you?” he greeted. Sigh. He is hopeless, I tell you.

 

 

“Stop pushing your on whoever you’re with for the meantime. I need your help.” I told him. He chuckled on the other line, not even denying what I said. I waited for him to answer me, but he just continued chuckling. I sigh exasperatedly. “Are you in?” I asked, getting irritated now.

 

 

“What is it exactly that I need to do?” he asked. FINALLY!

 

 

“Easy, actually. From now on, you will be the one to communicate with Kwon Jiyong since I can’t do that anymore.” I informed him. He asked why, and I told him the reason. He only muttered a short ‘oh’ and then agreed to it. “Now, I need you to tell that to Jiyong. Dara will be discharged in a few days, and like what I said, I won’t be able to go with her. You will do it for me.” I told him.

 

 

“So basically, I’ll be the one playing the role of the messenger?” he asked. I smirk. He’s not stupid after all.

 

 

“Yes. But I like to call it as ‘Errand Boy’ though.” I said.

 

 

“Harhar. Very funny, babe.” He said. I felt a shiver run down on my spine, and I tell you, in a bad way. He is seriously creeping me out. “Fine, I’ll agree to be your errand boy, BUT, I in one condition.”

 

 

I knew it. I should have known that he won’t agree to it unless he gets something in return. I rolled my eyes at him, like he can see me. I don’t want to ask him what it is that he wants, because I know that it will be ridiculous, but if I won’t agree to it, he won’t agree to what I’m asking him to do. I sighed. “Fine. What is it?”I asked and waited for him to reply.

 

 

 

 

 

---o---

 

 

 

 

 

Jiyongwalked silently insideSandara’sroom, looking straight to the woman in front of him. He looked around to see if anyone was around, but it seems that no one had visited her yet. Sandara was reading a magazine and she was so into it that she did not notice him entering her room. “Hey.” He called her attention.

 

 

Sandara abruptly lifted her head from the magazine, clearly surprised. “Jiyong.” she said and sighed, but then she smiled gently tohim. She’s still not used to other people’s presence, and she was relieved that the person who visited her was Jiyong and not another person.

 

 

Her reaction did not escape Jiyong’s eyes. He walked up to her and sat on the side of the bed. “How are you?” he asked after a few seconds.

 

 

“Fine, I guess.” She answered, not meeting his eyes, suddenly getting nervous. She doesn’t know why but she felt uneasy but at the same time comfortablewith himeven though she doesn’t remember anything about them and their ‘relationship’. Uneasy because of the feeling she is experiencing every time he look at her, and comfortable because of all the people who looked after and visited her ever since she woke up, it was Jiyong whom she feltsafe and calm with. When they told her that he was her fiancé, she concluded that maybe it was because they had been together that’s why she felt safe with him. So the only question to her now was, why is she feeling uneasy every time she looks at those beautiful brown orbs?

 

 

All of a sudden, she remembered him calling her what she supposed was their endearment, and she can’t help but asked if it was really what they called each other in the past. “Ba----“she stopped before she could say the word ‘baby’ and shook her head. She raised her head and looked at Jiyong. “Is… that how we….. uhm…. used to call each other?” she asked, her fingers fidgeting. Seeing Jiyong staring intently at her made her want to bow her head again, but she stopped herself from doing it.

 

 

“What?” Jiyong asked.

 

 

“The…uhm…baby. You called me that a few times the other day.” Sandara said and she felt her blood crawl up to her cheeks.

 

 

“Oh. Yeah.”Jiyongsimply answered. He doesn’t want to lie to her because it’s her right to know everything that happened, but since her best friend had already lied to her, he can’t do anything but just go with it.For the nth time, Jiyong has clearly told himself that he has no affection towards the girl, but because of certain information that Chaerin told him, he had no choice. That information was mainly the reason why Jiyong agreed to the plan. Knowing that made him start to doubt on what would happen in the future.

 

 

Also, during his conversation with Chaerin the other day, she had told him that they will tell her the truth about her parents, but they will leave the part about her aunt and of course, Sandara’s ex-boyfriend won’t be existing in her world anymore since he’s her fiancé now.

 

 

Jiyong sighed and looked around the room. “You can ask me questions, you know” He said, knowing that it’s time to stand up with Chaerin’s lies. Whatever the outcome will be, they’ll just have to face it when the time comes.

 

 

“Uhm… what should I ask?” Sandara asked, not knowing what to ask him. She bit her lower lip and thought of something.

 

 

“Anything.”Jiyong answered, still not looking at her.

 

 

After a few minutes of thinking, Sandara finally opened . “Uhm…how…..how did we meet?” She asked. The question made Jiyong turn his head to the direction of Sandara. Of all the things that she would ask, she asked him first on how they met. He was expecting her to ask things about herself, her life, her parents, her family, why no one had visited her except Chaerin, Seungri and him, but no, she didn’t. Instead, she asked him something thatJiyong haven’t clearly thought of. “Can you tell me?" she added.
 

 

It took him a few minutes to come up with an answer and Dara almost called his attention since he stared at her face for a long time.

 

 

“You talked to me first.” Jiyong started. “I was sitting on a bench, writing something on my notebook. All of a sudden, you came with your friend and occupied the space beside me. You got curious as to what I was writing, and asked me what it was for a few times but I did not answer you. It made you angry.” He paused and looked at Sandara’s reaction who was listening attentively to his story. Her cheeks were slightly blushing but she kept listening nonetheless.

 

 

“We met during college?” she asked.

 

 

Jiyong nodded. “You took up Fine Arts while I took up Business Management because of my father’s company.” Sandara just nodded. “After dismissing you rather rudely, you stood up and called me a ‘jerk’, and then youwalked away.” He finished.

 

 

Sandara nodded and bowed her head, biting her lower lip. “Ho---how did we… hmmm… you know…” she asked, fidgeting her fingers. A few strands of her hair fell in front of her face.

 

 

Jiyong reached out and tucked them on her ears, making her look at him. He smiled a little to her, knowing that once she found out everything, she’ll hate him. “Webecame classmates at some of our subjects, and we were always bickering since then. You want us to be friends but I don’t.You were so annoyingly persistent, and eventually, after some time, we…..” Jiyong paused, hesitant to tell her what was on his mind, but he decided to just go with it. “…. developed some feelings for each other.”

 

 

Sandara nodded. “Who did it first?”she asked, her face suddenly flushing a little.

 

 

“Did what?”

 

 

“Admit that…. you know.” She trailed, looking down. “Did you?” she asked again.

 

 

Jiyong almost raised his brow at her when he got what she wants to ask, but he stopped himself after remembering that he is supposed to be in love with her. “No.” Jiyong answered making Sandara look at him, surprised. “You did.” He added. He saw how Sandara’s face flushed more and she covered due to embarrassment.

 

 

“I did?” she asked.

 

 

Jiyong almost smirked, but he stopped himself. He nodded instead. “Yeah.” He answered. “It turns out you liked me ever since, that’s why you wanted us to be friends. You even slapped me when I said I don’t feel the same, even though I was just kidding that time.” He further lied while holding his left cheek, pretending to feel the pain, wanting to see more of her reaction. “Then you cried and I had to woo you to stop you from crying.” Jiyong can’t explain the feeling, but seeing her being embarrass instead of freaking out made him relieved. It’s just your conscience. He thought.

 

 

Sandara’s eyes widened and she covered her face using both her hands. “I did that?” she asked. She unconsciously caressed Jiyong’s cheek, making him leaned away from her touch. He saw Sandarafrowned. Her hand stopped mid-air and was about to drop it, but Jiyong held it using his left hand and placed them on his lap. He entwined their fingers and drew circles on the back of her palm.

 

 

“You should rest.” Jiyong said, squeezing Sandara’s hand lightly and tucked another strand of her hair on her ear. He stood up, letting her hand go, and held Sandara’s shoulder, gently pushing her to lie down.

 

 

“But….”

 

 

“I’ll tell you more when I get back.” Jiyong cut her off, but still, she did not comply. Instead, she held his hand a little bit tightly, like she’s scared.Jiyong felt it and so, he stopped pushing her for a while.

 

 

“You’re leaving already?” Sandara asked and it almost made him smile hearing her tone, like she doesn’t want him to leave. He looked at her and saw that she is frowning while pouting. His lips curved into a small smile.

 

 

“I still have a work to finish. You’ll see me tomorrow.” He said and pushed her to bed. Gladly, she complied but is still pouting.

 

 

“But…”

 

 

“Sandara.”Jiyong sternly said, making her shut . She reluctantly nodded and let go of his hand which she was holding when he held her shoulder.Sandara doesn’t even know a single thing about Jiyong, but the way she’s acting to him made Jiyong feel like they’re really together. He shook his head and draped the blanket to the level of her chest. She looked at him and smiled gently, her brown orbs showing the emotions of being alive, unlike the past few days where he only saw fear.

 

 

“I’ll see you tomorrow” She said.

 

 

Jiyong hummed as an answered before he leaned down to kiss Sandara’s forehead which clearly surprised her. “Sweetdreams.”

 

 

 

 

---o---

 

 

 

 

Jiyong fished out his phone and stared at the caller ID. He was now walking to his car on the hospital’s parking area when he felt his phone vibrate inside his pocket. He answered the phone without any second thought and asked what the person on the other line needed from him.

 

 

“Hyung, Chaerin told me to inform you that she won’t be visiting Sandara in the hospital anymore.” Seungri said on the other line.

 

 

Jiyong’s brow rose. “Why?” he asked.

 

 

“She’s being followed by a man hired by the evil aunt.” Seungri informed him. He told him the rest of his conversation with Chaerin to his hyung while Jiyong only listened on the other line. “She also told me to inform you that she already moved Sandara’s things in your house.” He said.

 

 

It took Jiyong a few minutes to react. “What?” Jiyongasked, his tone dangerously low.

 

 

Seungri started to feel nervous, knowing that tone of his hyung. “She already moved-------“

 

 

“Why did--------“

 

 

“She thought that it is safer for Sandara to live under your roof. That’s all, see you hyung.” Seungri cut him off and bid goodbye so fast, afraid to hear what Jiyong would say.

 

 

Jiyong stared at his phone after hearing the line went dead. He growled in frustration and raked his head. “.” He cursed.

 

 

 

 

2_zps3eee94be.jpg

 

 

A/N:

TADA!! Chapter 4 is here.. Kkk I love your comments guys..It makes me happy reading them. ^___^

Confession: To tell you honestly guys, I still don't know how to end this story. I don't even know what will happen to this story.. I'm always having a debate inside my head on what to do with each chapter.. :3 Aigoo... OTTOKAE??? XD

​THANK YOU FOR READING/SUBSCRIBING/UPVOTING MY STORY! I LALALOVE YOU ALL!

PLEASE LEAVE COMMENTS! :D

Twitter and IG: @msjidee1812

- MsGeeDee

 4debf97e443b549a592cb.gif